2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

JourdanInMich;n8882075 said:
All of the G Truvis.

Gotta wonder what surprise you all might get in regards to a different Truvis design that we haven't seen yet.

MWard;n8882163 said:
If it’s not a McLovin faced truvis pattern, I feel you’’ve done your captain a bit of a disservice.

thanks, i hate it

lol

McLovin;n8882185 said:
thanks, i hate it

lol

Immortalized in the form of Truvis? What more could you ask for?

I think the biggest thing I look to take away is the connections with the other participants, knowing that few other events in our lives would ever come close to this experience. Just sharing in that awe and disbelief, then recounting and reliving it on THP with everyone what as well

Plus I take away, literally, a belly full of breakfast sandwiches

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Take away the clubs, the courses, and all the fun and I’m still all in for the uninterrupted breakfast alone. Always the best part of any business trip.

Add the clubs, courses, and fun back in, and it’s like winning a trip to space camp on Double Dare when your 10.

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8977135ec4300f3d0df3e7ec4766efd921fee57b80b&rid=giphy.gif

Dude double dare was the best!!!

3 years removed from me but my sentiments are very similar to Nate’s.

The people and the conversations on both sides of the thing are what I took away. I still use my Grandaddy bag daily and play Callaway clubs...but I also love that I have lifelong friends that I wouldn’t have made if it for the Grandaddy.

Spending time with fellow golf addicts, the PhD level seminars from some of the best in the industry and of course playing at one of the best courses in the nation.

dacatalyst41;n8881742 said:
If there was only one thing I could do all over again, it would be the bus rides. There are guys I wish I could've connected with more. It's a long ride, but that time does by so quickly and you can't get it back.

I just wish I put more effort into talking to teammates and the ZooCrew. While there I felt like I had lots of time to do it, but then before you know it the event is over.

Wow .... only 3 spots remain to be filled. This year has just flown by. Soon it will be go time in December!

golfinnut;n8882864 said:
Wow .... only 3 spots remain to be filled. This year has just flown by. Soon it will be go time in December!

I am ready to go. Closing in on 100 days.

ArmyGolf;n8882856 said:
I just wish I put more effort into talking to teammates and the ZooCrew. While there I felt like I had lots of time to do it, but then before you know it the event is over.

this is the only scary thing about the event. it's something mikeg_74 has been trying to prepare us for. callaway packs so much phenomenalness into such a short period of time that you blink and then it ends. so staying present in every moment, soaking it all in, and not letting any opportunity pass me by are the things i am most concerned with. certainly not to the level of stressing over it, i just don't want to get on the plane to head home with a single regret.

New contest is up and running for the next teammate!!!! :blob:

Cannot remember if it’s been asked but ball wise, do y’all play the chromesoft or erc or other Callaway ball? If you are currently, did you just recently switch to it after finding out you’re on the team?

If you do not, why and do you think you’ll be able to play it for more than the GD?

I’ve played the CS Truvis for the past two years. Really like it. I haven’t tried the ERC yet but certainly open to checking it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PapaJohick;n8882520 said:
Dude double dare was the best!!!

What American kid didn’t want to be slimmed? My kids loved that show

fuffle master;n8887782 said:
What American kid didn’t want to be slimmed? My kids loved that show

My brothers and sister made our own version of it to play along haha. It was not nearly as well orchestrated and our parents were pretty upset when they got home that day...... slime and whip cream everywhere

PapaJohick;n8887718 said:
Cannot remember if it’s been asked but ball wise, do y’all play the chromesoft or erc or other Callaway ball? If you are currently, did you just recently switch to it after finding out you’re on the team?

If you do not, why and do you think you’ll be able to play it for more than the GD?

I've played it a lot in the past But, I had been playing a few others the past few years. Srixon mainly. After getting the nod, I decided to re-familiarize myself with them and have been playing them pretty exclusively this season.

Honestly, I'm not seeing any performance difference other than the CS feeling better off the putter. I'm gaining a little more feel while not sacrificing any distance.

PapaJohick;n8887718 said:

I have been playing Callaway balls for the last 4/5 years. I really enjoy the Truvis balls and prefer the Yellow/Black or the new version of Stars and Stripes. I have been trying the ERC and the CSX TT. I prefer the CSX TT of the 2 balls.

PapaJohick;n8887786 said:
My brothers and sister made our own version of it to play along haha. It was not nearly as well orchestrated and our parents were pretty upset when they got home that day...... slime and whip cream everywhere

That must be a memory they never let you all forget. Great story for generations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snickerdog;n8887863 said:
I have been playing Callaway balls for the last 4/5 years. I really enjoy the Truvis balls and prefer the Yellow/Black or the new version of Stars and Stripes. I have been trying the ERC and the CSX TT. I prefer the CSX TT of the 2 balls.

I am not a fan of the erc. I’ve started to notice I play better with firmer balls (insert some type of joke here right?) so the erc is just a no go. The chromesoft even has started to make its way out of my rotation (love truvis though).

PapaJohick;n8887887 said:
I am not a fan of the erc. I’ve started to notice I play better with firmer balls (insert some type of joke here right?) so the erc is just a no go. The chromesoft even has started to make its way out of my rotation (love truvis though).

I enjoy the CSX TT quite a bit, I just have quite a few regular CS to get thru before I can make the switch. I think the CSX TT is just a bit firmer and handles the wind better IMO.

Back