2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

It certainly is firmer. Pretty sure it’s almost the same ball Mickelson uses. I do enjoy using it from time to time.

I’ll play whatever they think is best based on the fitting data. It’ll be nice to know I’ll play the same ball 100% of the trip .

PapaJohick;n8887718 said:
Cannot remember if it’s been asked but ball wise, do y’all play the chromesoft or erc or other Callaway ball? If you are currently, did you just recently switch to it after finding out you’re on the team?

If you do not, why and do you think you’ll be able to play it for more than the GD?

I've been playing the graphene version of the CS for the past couple years. I didn't love the previous version, but I've had great results with this one.

PapaJohick;n8887718 said:
Cannot remember if it’s been asked but ball wise, do y’all play the chromesoft or erc or other Callaway ball? If you are currently, did you just recently switch to it after finding out you’re on the team?

If you do not, why and do you think you’ll be able to play it for more than the GD?

very good question.

i am bouncing back and forth between erc soft and csxtt, which are very different balls. if i could get csxtt performance off driver and around greens, with erc soft feel and iron performance and price, i’d have the perfect ball.

i really want to ask finley and the fitters which ball i should be playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In just a few days, we’ll have another teammate. Another one of the lucky few who undeservingly get to partake in the greatest golf event of all time.

Picture yourself arriving to the Ely Callaway Performance Center in a chartered bus, being told you have full access to any and all clubs including unreleased gear and that the same professionals that fit Phil, Kisner, Sergio, and Xander will be fitting you.

Oh yea and you’ll get a bag of 14 clubs, bag, balls, gloves, tees, anything you’ll need all delivered 24 hours later at a piece of paradise that very few will ever play.

Man this stuff gets the juices flowin!! Get in on this contest boys!

McLovin;n8888386 said:
very good question.

i am bouncing back and forth between erc soft and csxtt, which are very different balls. if i could get csxtt performance off driver and around greens, with erc soft feel and iron performance and price, i’d have the perfect ball.

i really want to ask finley and the fitters which ball i should be playing.

I’d go with whatever you feel helps you the best into and on/around the greens. That’s where score can add up real quick

Mclovin, I would say go with whatever ball gives you what you need from 120 and in. At that distance you start hitting some partial shots. Specifically inside 60 yards. Whatever ball gives you what you need there is where I would go. That’s why o now play pretty much either the prov1x or the tp5x. A firmer ball with a nice flight and good spin (for my game).

PapaJohick;n8888721 said:
Mclovin, I would say go with whatever ball gives you what you need from 120 and in. At that distance you start hitting some partial shots. Specifically inside 60 yards. Whatever ball gives you what you need there is where I would go. That’s why o now play pretty much either the prov1x or the tp5x. A firmer ball with a nice flight and good spin (for my game).

i know my experience is different than some, but to me both balls perform pretty much identically from this distances, maybe erc going a little farther with higher launch and reduced spin, but with a higher peak height it has the same stopping power. i haven’t experienced any issues holding greens with partial shots. it’s really just green side chips and pitches where erc soft will run out a good bit more.

Its getting so close guys, Can you feel your blood running that its almost here? I am so honored to be part of the alumni, and so PUMPED for you guys to experience this event. 2018 teams soap box is coming to a end :sad::sad:, But will always represent Callaway, #LifeChanger full support to THP/Callaway Oh and by the way Page 2? That's like putting baby in the corner, and no one puts baby in the corner!!!!

rogt;n8889802 said:
Its getting so close guys, Can you feel your blood running that its almost here? I am so honored to be part of the alumni, and so PUMPED for you guys to experience this event. 2018 teams soap box is coming to a end :sad::sad:, But will always represent Callaway, #LifeChanger full support to THP/Callaway Oh and by the way Page 2? That's like putting baby in the corner, and no one puts baby in the corner!!!!

One of the best parts of being on the team is the support of past participants. 2018 was an epic thread to read through and will be a hard one to follow.

Since it is an "off season" event for me, the second my season is starting to wind down, the realization that this thing is right around the corner is hitting very hard.

I know this will fly by and be gone before I know it. I don't want to wish my life away, but dammit, I cannot wait for December.coming from a guy in Fargo, ND, that says a lot. I think I may be one of a small number of members that have to suffer through worse weather than KEV

I spent some time today looking at all of the different clubs that Callaway has to offer. I spent over an hour holding and comparing the different lines. It is still hard to comprehend that I am going to get my choice of all these clubs but they will be custom fit to my specs by the best fitters in the world.

20190826_105335.jpg

I like the Epic Flash hybrids although I have not hit them yet.

20190826_105607.jpg

I like the look of the black wedges, I have never tried a high toe design but I prefer a traditional shaped wedge.

20190826_110221.jpg

This Toulon Las Vegas was working very well with the triple track practice balls. The roll off the face is so pure and fun to watch.

20190826_105743.jpg

The Epic Forged irons are the real reason I went there today. I hit the Demo 7 iron 190 yards on the fly with total distance of 213 yards. I will give some feedback in the Epic Forged irons review thread later.

My wife was hangry and giving me the stink eye so I had to end it there haha.

It is hard to believe that you guys and a few more lucky people will get that opportunity. Still boggles the mind haha.

I do want to look at that epic forged as a long iron replacement though. I’m definitely interested in going back to the pm grind lob wedge. I have the older model but I wore it down. Not unhappy with my cobra wedges but I’m not as confident playing certain shots with the lob wedge as I was with the pm grind.

PapaJohick;n8890739 said:
It is hard to believe that you guys and a few more lucky people will get that opportunity. Still boggles the mind haha.

I do want to look at that epic forged as a long iron replacement though. I’m definitely interested in going back to the pm grind lob wedge. I have the older model but I wore it down. Not unhappy with my cobra wedges but I’m not as confident playing certain shots with the lob wedge as I was with the pm grind.

I was amazed at how effortless it was to hit this seven iron 200 + yards. I cannot wait to try the 4 and 5 irons as well. Jman will give us some feedback on the long irons. I am predicting his 5 iron will go 240-250 on the fly. UNREAL!!

McLovin and team, do you still guys pinch yourselves daily at the opportunity you all have coming up later this year?

j_sizzle9 ;n8890748 said:
do you still guys pinch yourselves daily at the opportunity you all have coming up later this year?

Just this morning, I looked back over the list of the team on the first page to insure my name was still there. :)

j_sizzle9;n8890748 said:
McLovin and team, do you still guys pinch yourselves daily at the opportunity you all have coming up later this year?

I am the latest participant from just a few weeks ago and I still think of the Grandaddy several times in an hour. I am supposed to be working but my mind is in California.

j_sizzle9;n8890748 said:

Almost every day!!!! I check the list every week to make sure my name is still there. They haven't x out my picture in the Meet the Team thread yet so I think I am good.

Snickerdog;n8890900 said:
Almost every day!!!! I check the list every week to make sure my name is still there. They haven't x out my picture in the Meet the Team thread yet so I think I am good.

Funny, I keep looking almost everyday to see if my name is there..... no luck :banghead:

Stemmy66;n8890928 said:
Funny, I keep looking almost everyday to see if my name is there..... no luck :banghead:

3 chances to go, keep looking. :D

j_sizzle9;n8890748 said:

i’m not exaggerating when i say i think about the event multiple times a day, every day.

it’s an insane opportunity. i got to blow my instructors mind today about it. it’s always fun to tell people who incredible it is, and about the doors thp opens for us nobodies.

badolds;n8890729 said:
I spent some time today looking at all of the different clubs that Callaway has to offer. I spent over an hour holding and comparing the different lines. It is still hard to comprehend that I am going to get my choice of all these clubs but they will be custom fit to my specs by the best fitters in the world.

I like the Epic Flash hybrids although I have not hit them yet.

I like the look of the black wedges, I have never tried a high toe design but I prefer a traditional shaped wedge.

This Toulon Las Vegas was working very well with the triple track practice balls. The roll off the face is so pure and fun to watch.

The Epic Forged irons are the real reason I went there today. I hit the Demo 7 iron 190 yards on the fly with total distance of 213 yards. I will give some feedback in the Epic Forged irons review thread later.

My wife was hangry and giving me the stink eye so I had to end it there haha.

LOL, I am not of the list and I have gone through eh website dreaming of my picks....you are not alone.....

McLovin;n8890946 said:
i’m not exaggerating when i say i think about the event multiple times a day, every day.

it’s an insane opportunity. i got to blow my instructors mind today about it. it’s always fun to tell people who incredible it is, and about the doors thp opens for us nobodies.

Wait... who you calling a nobody :beat-up: :angel:

Agreed....... I think the GD blows the collective minds here at THP!

3 left? We hopefuls have to bring our A games the last few contests!

How's everyone's prep going? Any decent improvements in specific Dynamics of their game?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

greekelite ;n8890971 said:
How's everyone's prep going?

Good so far. Haven't played near as much as many of my teammates, but played 9 last week and had a personal best. Everything was feeling good. Have a lesson scheduled for the 10th.

I’m jealous of you guys...that build up was excruciating and amazing.

Back