On Thin Ice - Your 2019 Bag Setup

I like my bag a lot going into 2019. The M4 4-iron could be replaced by my Ping G 4h. Not the year to buy something new for the bag, although I may have to "gather some data" on the G series crossovers. For science.

I would say my 4 hybrid and my 4 iron. I am getting fitted for new shafts for my irons on Sunday, and if my new shafts help me hit the 4I, then the 4H is out and I will be looking for a 3H. If I cannot hit the 4I, then I will be replacing the 4H. So for the 4H the ice is already cracking.

Advantage.......

F9.

:bulgy-eyes:

Advantage.......

F9.

:bulgy-eyes:

Well now.

I have a feeling this one isn't going to be over anytime soon.

Last edited:
Well bag broke last week in Portugal so thats first on the list! Driver is going well but need to replace the 3 wood, seems to be a running theme. I love the Epic 5 wood I have in the bag and the 3 wood is now reduced dramatically (thanks Flash) so will definitely look at that. All the other stuff is going to have to wait, but reading about the new Callaway irons from the Grandaddy guys is food for thought...

2019 "thin ice: full bag" reset completed. for now...

No thin ice. My 3 wood has sunk to the bottom and is being eaten by carp. Low lofted hybrid or adjustable 5 wood on the way.

Sheesh, I can't even post a thought around here anymore, haha! Yes the fitting was last September and I've been in struggle mode with the Rogue 3W damn near the entire time. It's primarily the user as usual, but I'm certainly going to look into other options to see if there's a better club out there. The Tensei CK Pro Blue isn't going anywhere...this is just about the 3W clubhead.
My fellow former Ho, try the TS2 FW's ...your welcome

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sheesh, I can't even post a thought around here anymore, haha! Yes the fitting was last September and I've been in struggle mode with the Rogue 3W damn near the entire time. It's primarily the user as usual, but I'm certainly going to look into other options to see if there's a better club out there. The Tensei CK Pro Blue isn't going anywhere...this is just about the 3W clubhead.

Which clubheads have your attention as of now?

I order of priority:
1) 3-wood
2) Add a 5-wood
3) Move to a 4i Hybrid (something for the 225 yard range)
4) Driver
5) New irons. I really like the Hogan PTx through the 7i, but don't get along well with the hollow-bodied 6 and 5.

So, wedges and putter are safe (for now).

My fellow former Ho, try the TS2 FW's ...your welcome

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Interesting...I’ll have to get my hands on one!

Which clubheads have your attention as of now?

Right now an M6 3W and Cobra F9 3/4, but I’m determined to not go down the equipment band aid rabbit hole again. These posts are more so I can talk myself out of it .

Interesting...I’ll have to get my hands on one!

Right now an M6 3W and Cobra F9 3/4, but I’m determined to not go down the equipment band aid rabbit hole again. These posts are more so I can talk myself out of it .

You know their tricks. "Here you go, kid. I have a 3-wood head for you to try. Go ahead - it's a free demo. Just try it one time."

Wedges are going to be replaced for sure. But even though I love my CF16 (thanks to the forum) I really love those CF19. Have to demo first but might pull the trigger depending on how winter tips go.

My bag, my iron shafts, and my putter on thin ice. Really wanting to try a toe hang mallet like a TM Ardmore or Odyssey 7S and heavier iron shafts.

My whole 2018 bag went on thin ice. And this was the 2019 outcome for the travel bag. All exotics now and next one to go is the putter.

59b105dc35e80e5cbda06a4f91788f30.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My putter was on thin ice, just bagged an O-works centre shaft mallet thingy. Wedges should be scared

Back