On Thin Ice - Your 2019 Bag Setup

If it’s already out of the bag and not replaced, is it still on thin ice? 3 wood. Always the damn 3 wood.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Keeping my G400 driver and sigma 2 putter. I already ordered new irons and hybrids and wedges. Will still need to fill in between the driver and the 4 hybrid.

Same as alot of guys I guess, the 3 wood. I am not sure if it will ever be safe - mo matter which one is in there. And of course it would have nothing to do with the user...:act-up:

Putter for sure, as I want full face milling and stroke lab tech!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bridgestone J40 430 Driver
Sonartec GS Tour 3-Wood
Sonartec HB-001 3/4 Hybrid
Macgregor MT Pro CM Gunmetal Irons #4-PW
Taylormade rac black TP 52 Gap wedge
Sonatec T46 56 Sand wedge
Callaway X-Forged Vintage C Grind 60 Lob wedge
Royal Collection Metro East Orlando Putter
Taylormade TP5 Ball

I know you will laugh but my bag is set, only exception is I hope to add a swag flow neck

Pretty much set all depending on what I can sell. Would like to swap my G400 for a G400 Max. Wife said gotta sell the first one first.
Gotta a bunch of stuff I have to get on the market place. G 3 wood Head, G30 5 Hybrid, an extra Scotty I have. You know

My driver decided to go into 2 pieces a week ago. Must like all the new drivers coming out now, callaway, ping, pxg etc. Will see who will find a spot in my bag

Its always everything with me. I think I am ok driver wise but I may get an itch I have to scratch. Definitely considering a new putter this year with the great reviews on the Stroke Lab lineup. I love my Cobra FTB irons but there are days I really need more forgiveness. I ran across a set of Srixon Z545 that were all new except one or two had been hit indoors a couple times. Since I picked them up cheap and hated the shaft, I am having my club builder put some Recoils in them for me right now. (he was supposed to have that done yesterday and text me he was running behind, then I caught him out on the course playing hahaha) I am not replacing my FTB with them but will play some rounds with them this year especially when I am a little off and can use a bit more forgiveness. I also want to work on long irons this year and improve my game there and this set is a 3-PW. For quite a while I have been considering a Heavenwood too so that is always a possibility that may change some things around in my bag. I have no desire to change wedges as the King Black are great but I may have to take the 50* out and go with a 48* when playing the Z545s because of lofts.

In all likelihood I will be sticking with most everything in my bag through this year with the most likely change being a putter.

My bag is never settled as new stuff is part of the fun for me. I have a set (5-PW) of Apex 19 irons coming next Friday.

Hybrid is on thin ice for me. I am a natural drawer of the ball and the current hybrid is hook city. Tempted to swap it out for a different hybrid or a 5 or 7 wood depending on gapping. 4 iron is my 180 metre club Hybrid is my 200 metre club. Looking for something I can play from 195-210 metres. Had 200 metres into a par 5 on my second shot today and didn't have the confidence to pull the hybrid. So that's an issue.

The answer here is easy for me because of my Club Champion fitting:

1. New driver Cobra F9 is a thumper
2. New FW
3. 2 new hybrids

I already changed wedges to Cleveland RTX 4 and bought a Toulon Long Island putter on sale at PGASS. I highly recommend Club Champion fitting.

Hybrid is on thin ice for me. I am a natural drawer of the ball and the current hybrid is hook city. Tempted to swap it out for a different hybrid or a 5 or 7 wood depending on gapping. 4 iron is my 180 metre club Hybrid is my 200 metre club. Looking for something I can play from 195-210 metres. Had 200 metres into a par 5 on my second shot today and didn't have the confidence to pull the hybrid. So that's an issue.

Try hybrid 4 with 22-23 degree loft. Works for me from 190-200. Had h3 but switxhed it for 4, because iron 4 is not that easy from the deck..

Try hybrid 4 with 22-23 degree loft. Works for me from 190-200. Had h3 but switxhed it for 4, because iron 4 is not that easy from the deck..
It will purely come down to gapping and eliminating the lefts. Im comfortable with my 4 iron off the fairway. Actually really enjoy hitting that club.

So whether it's a 4 hybrid 3 hybrid 5 wood or 7 wood I'm not fussed. Just want confidence at that distance.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Same as alot of guys I guess, the 3 wood. I am not sure if it will ever be safe - mo matter which one is in there. And of course it would have nothing to do with the user...:act-up:

I guess I’m lucky. A lot dislike their 3w. My old x2hot I Hope never breaks. The ferrule has been barely attached for 3 years but I worry sending it in to be fixed. No logical reason, I just worry about anything I give to somebody will be broken lol.

Irons no doubt...

Looking at you 7 wood. Looking into a driving iron to replace so I have an option off the tee for lower trajectory.

Went ahead and bought a “driving iron” today. Picked up a mp h5 3 iron to mess around with

I guess I’m lucky. A lot dislike their 3w. My old x2hot I Hope never breaks. The ferrule has been barely attached for 3 years but I worry sending it in to be fixed. No logical reason, I just worry about anything I give to somebody will be broken lol.

I really like my Steelhead XR. Could be in the bag a long while.

My irons for sure. Switched to Recoils last season in my F6's and saw immediate improvement in ball flight and some distance. They also made the clubs look even prettier. I'm still hunting for a bit more consistency so One Length's are a hard consideration.

Rebuilt my bag a little at a time last year with the exception of hybrid. I’m thinking of going from a 20* hybrid to maybe a 5W or a newer version of the hybrid I have.

3w, 5w, and putter are safe. NOTHING else is, to include the bag, balls, grips, gloves, shoes, tees...

After hitting the Apex 19 irons yesterday and more range time today, my i25s are dead to me...

After hitting the Apex 19 irons yesterday and more range time today, my i25s are dead to me...

Quoting myself again because I got some TrackMan time with the Apex today and done deal. Ordered a set.

My old FlyZ 3w is on super thin ice. I just bought a Rogue 3w with expectations of yardage gains over the FlyZ that I believe should break the ice.

Most of the bag but that will be depending on what a lesson shows me/ coach recommends. If I am swinging fast enough I will swap in the stiff set, if not the regular flex's will stay.

Got new irons last year that I am pretty happy with but the distance gains with some of these new ones are tempting. Will probably keep the irons. The new drivers are also interesting but I hit my old one fine. My biggest issue right now is:
Driver - M1 (performance is fine) - 260 carry
3w - 20 year old taylor made that I can't hit for crap
3i - 195 carry
4i - 195 carry

I always used to be able to hit low irons but with the loft jacking, my 3i goes so low that it really doesn't go much further than my 4i and I suck with my 3w. Looking at hybrids, new 3w and a driving iron (GAPR?). If I could get a club to hit it about 220 consistently off the T or into greens, I would use it constantly.

Back