On Thin Ice - Your 2019 Bag Setup

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
What in your current bag is on "Thin Ice" for your 2019 setup? Why and what are you hoping to accomplish with something else?

What in your current bag is on "Thin Ice" for your 2019 setup? Why and what are you hoping to accomplish with something else?

As always everything should be scared, but the thinnest ice is probably my 3W and my irons. 3W I don't know that I should even be carrying a 3W, a 4 or 5w would probably be better and irons I just want to try out the new stuff.

• Staff
As always everything should be scared, but the thinnest ice is probably my 3W and my irons. 3W I don't know that I should even be carrying a 3W, a 4 or 5w would probably be better and irons I just want to try out the new stuff.

I think "everything" is the truest THP'er answer EVER. Haha!

Irons. I love them but the CF19’s must be tried. Wedges too. Really pondering PM grind.

Driver for sure. I would say that is and has always been the weakest (least consistent) club in the bag. I know the current setup I have is not ideal, due to various reasons, and I am looking for something that will bring me more consistency and accuracy.

• Staff
Presently, wedges.

I'm going to behave for now, but if I were to make a change, the first thing would be wedges.

I've heard this for three years now.

But, to be fair, you DID replace them...until the finish peeled off LOL

My Alpha 816 4 wood is on thin ice. Waiting to hear about the new Ping G410 fairways on Monday, hopefully the new G410 3 wood will be the one. Has to be good off the deck and tee.

New Callaway PM19 58* lob wedge is my second ponder when that comes out. Guys keep talking about how easy it is on the knockdown shot which I love to hit.

Might also grab a Ping G400 4 hybrid to battle my CF16 4 iron. Need more height sometimes on that long approach.

Driver will be replaced likely by the F9. I got a bit more ballspeed from the F9. Can keep my Helium shaft in it.
Fairways are safe.
Hybrids are safe.
Irons have already been replaced because I felt like trying something completely new that I've lusted over.
Wedges are safe for now.
Putter is likely safe (we'll see if stroke lab beats it out though)

Oddly enough, this might be the first time since I joined THP that I can say that nothing is on thin ice right now. Weird.

3w, 5w, and putter are safe. NOTHING else is, to include the bag, balls, grips, gloves, shoes, tees...

I have literally replaced or am in the process of replacing EVERYTHING in my bag (except ball). Its amazing how a full bag fitting can change your world!

Looking at you 7 wood. Looking into a driving iron to replace so I have an option off the tee for lower trajectory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My bag is being flipped too to bottom. Why? Bc I like shiny and new, the new stuff so far provides the benefits I need for my game and I get to support an OEM that has is near and dear to me.

My bag has been updated already with new FW's and 5h replacing the 5 iron. The only club on thin ice would be 6 iron as I am contemplating a 6 or 7h.

Dare I say it ....nothing.

Will try the F9 and Ping G 410 Driver. Unless they are amazing the G30 stays in the Bag.

P790 AW vs Cleveland 3.0 both in 50 degree will be the only major challenge. I own both but need the hard summer track to make a decision.

Good Luck to the rest of you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 92 mph driver swing speed is on thin ice, as I am beginning the Superspeed protocols this spring.

#crossthreading

For those who use Superspeed, do you keep any of the sticks in your bag to use as a warmup before rounds?

Driver; I am hitting my current M3 as long as anything I've gamed and for the first time ever got above 59% FIR (at 73%) with this setup.
I'd be stupid to change it but I like what I am seeing from Ping and PXG for 2019

everything. because i'm 95% sure everything will get replaced with callaway clubs in the very near future.

My 92 mph driver swing speed is on thin ice, as I am beginning the Superspeed protocols this spring.

#crossthreading

For those who use Superspeed, do you keep any of the sticks in your bag to use as a warmup before rounds?
I keep the medium one in my bag for range sessions and warm ups.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

G400 SFT only cause I want a G400 Max lol. WIll gladly take the more forgiveness

Then I think either my Rogue Heavenwood or Ping G400 5W will have to go as I want a F9 3 wood for more distance off of the tee

outside of that not real sure, maybe irons down the road...maybe.

G400 SFT only cause I want a G400 Max lol. WIll gladly take the more forgiveness

Then I think either my Rogue Heavenwood or Ping G400 5W will have to go as I want a F9 3 wood for more distance off of the tee

outside of that not real sure, maybe irons down the road...maybe.

You will probably have new irons by the time of the gathering

#crossthreading

I keep the green one in my bag and warm up with it right before i tee off. I was warming up with the orange whip in the past but i feel like i get looser and a better stretch using the superspeed. Sometimes a combination if both with the superspeed just before teeing off.

Only thing that is safe are my Srixon 585's.

Looking to replace everything else. Driver, wedges, putter, FW's and hybrid.

Back