Srixon Z-Forged Irons

From the pics I’ve seen they looked close to me, so I was just wondering how you felt about that aspect of them. If the eyeballs so they’re the same, that’s good enough for my pea brain. Haha! I should feel plenty comfortable standing over them. Yes!

Ill say this Jeremy, I’ve hit and played with a few dozen blades over the years and I certainly love the look but never felt like I’d be truly comfortable gaming them full time. I have no doubt putting these in play (at least in the lower irons for now) and I’m sure you’d do great as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So these do not appear to have a tungsten weight in the toe as its predecessors - I wonder how this new profile compares in CG as a result. Regardless, these are at the top of the drool chart.

So these do not appear to have a tungsten weight in the toe as its predecessors - I wonder how this new profile compares in CG as a result. Regardless, these are at the top of the drool chart.

There’s no tungsten in the 785’s either and I believe we were told the changes in them made the tungsten unnecessary.

Similar. Changes in hostel design as well as shaping have led to weight savings on the heel side.

If I was in the Srixon event I’d totally rock these.

Just because I could.

Sleek. Fresh. Forged. And under $1000? Not that I'll ever play some blades but these are beautiful.

Wonder how many Tour Pros add these or a variation of these to their bag, if they haven't already.

Sleek. Fresh. Forged. And under $1000? Not that I'll ever play some blades but these are beautiful.

Wonder how many Tour Pros add these or a variation of these to their bag, if they haven't already.

Yeah, the price is right on these, if you're into that sort of thing.

I've been able to hit these about 5 times now and they feel great. I haven't felt much of a difference from my 965's but they're certainly a beautiful iron and quite forgiving for a blade. These irons do launch a little higher and spin a bit more compared to the 965s which actually intrigues me.

The price is great and the no upcharge shaft options are awesome, but if you have the 965's, I dont think its necessary to upgrade unless your irons are beat to crap.

I've been able to hit these about 5 times now and they feel great. I haven't felt much of a difference from my 965's but they're certainly a beautiful iron and quite forgiving for a blade. These irons do launch a little higher and spin a bit more compared to the 965s which actually intrigues me.

The price is great and the no upcharge shaft options are awesome, but if you have the 965's, I dont think its necessary to upgrade unless your irons are beat to crap.

Good information to have, thanks man! The higher launch and spin is quite intriguing to me also and I also agree that they are a beautiful iron!

Edit: Also is your signature correct? You’re carrying a 765 and 965 6i?

Good information to have, thanks man! The higher launch and spin is quite intriguing to me also and I also agree that they are a beautiful iron!

Edit: Also is your signature correct? You’re carrying a 765 and 965 6i?

Lol oops just saw that, thanks for pointing that out...the 6i is a 965

yea I have a decision to make. I naturally launch irons high but get pretty low spin. Today for example I was hitting a 7i 198 yds cuz my spin avg was 4400. I don’t normally have any issues holding greens cuz of the height I get, but I know I could use more spin

c4bd84a01b5e1fc7f1e67f389e52aa75.jpg

So sleek and sexy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol oops just saw that, thanks for pointing that out...the 6i is a 965

yea I have a decision to make. I naturally launch irons high but get pretty low spin. Today for example I was hitting a 7i 198 yds cuz my spin avg was 4400. I don’t normally have any issues holding greens cuz of the height I get, but I know I could use more spin

Quick question as I played a similar combo last year but my 965’s stopped at the 7i, but how was your gapping between the two sets? I felt like I had a little but too much of a gap between the two sets and was considering going 1* strong with the Z From rages this year. Did you find the overall distance between the 965’s and the Z Forged to be pretty close?

Quick question as I played a similar combo last year but my 965’s stopped at the 7i, but how was your gapping between the two sets? I felt like I had a little but too much of a gap between the two sets and was considering going 1* strong with the Z From rages this year. Did you find the overall distance between the 965’s and the Z Forged to be pretty close?

I actually weakened the 765 4 and 5i by 1degree to help the gapping

Distance wise the z forged was shorter for me by 8 - 10 yards but I can attribute that to the shafts. My PXI gamer shafts are 115 - 120g. I tried the z forged in normal Project x 6.5 weighing about 130g. I played the regular PX's for years before trying the PX PXI's this past year. I like the slightly lower weight so I dont have to really go after every shot

If the z forged were in the PXI shafts I think they would be quite similar... and again I do think the z forged launch higher and spin just a little bit more

Srixon Z-Forged Irons

The first time I hit the 7i I was getting plenty of height and descent angle but what seemed like low @ 5000-5100 average spin for a 7i. I'm a more shallow iron player and have not swung since August, so I wasn't too sure what to think.

I went back today with my gamer 745's and Apex MB in hand for comparison, to get a little more into it. Here is what I saw with my rusty out of season action:

4c96801c6234b2f0152092504fdec1f5.jpg

(Z Forged on top, Epic label is my z745 7i, Apex MB 7i on bottom)

I got more and similar launch angle out of both blades and more peak height compared to my 745's, with fairly similar spin overall. I did not have access to AOA due to the ForeSight brand new system installed last week and the clubhead module won't be installed until March... I would have been interested to see if the extra height was at all due to my AOA. Anyway, I am feeling better that the Z-Forged won't be a drastic drop in spin, and I like these too much to pass up.

Trigger pulled on 5-PW :alien:

Trigger pulled on 5-PW :alien:

The number that stands out most was the ball speed/std deviation of the Z-forged. Consistency is the key when you pull a club and hitting the exact same distance every time will serve you well. The other numbers seemed very similar otherwise.

Looking forward to seeing some pics when your clubs arrive! And how you like em!

The number that stands out most was the ball speed/std deviation of the Z-forged. Consistency is the key when you pull a club and hitting the exact same distance every time will serve you well. The other numbers seemed very similar otherwise.

Looking forward to seeing some pics when your clubs arrive! And how you like em!

Thanks, those low std. deviations jumped out at me too. I'm no robot and was dead cold hitting the z745, and was also trying to hit some draws and fades to get ranged in for the day so the dispersion is not even comparable. If I hit another set the z745 would be much better. There is also a remaining miss @ 113mph in the MB data that if dropped would tighten up ball speed dispersion to Z-Forged territory. I see enough good in the MB's and Z-Forged that both are going to be a fun affair.

So I went to pickup my irons today, and Srixon shipped the 5, 7, 8, 9, and PW but the 6i for some reasons is a few days behind. Bizarre. Hoping it comes in next week, the notes on the order were a little obscure. I left the set there to have lofts and lies checked before pickup. The anticipation of new iron day grows!

So I went to pickup my irons today, and Srixon shipped the 5, 7, 8, 9, and PW but the 6i for some reasons is a few days behind. Bizarre. Hoping it comes in next week, the notes on the order were a little obscure. I left the set there to have lofts and lies checked before pickup. The anticipation of new iron day grows!

Can’t wait for your feedback on these! Such a great looking iron!

Has anyone compared/have experience with the Z945 vs the Z forged? I recently made the move from Mizuno MMC to the Z945. I did loose some distance in that move but consistency in distance has without doubt been better. I can live with that even though I am not long anymore (60 years old and the monitor showed Driver SS average of 105.4 last week). I love the look of the new Z but the 945's I recently picked up are pretty minty so the only reason to change would be performance. What claims do the new Z make in performance and for those that have hit both I would love to hear your thoughts!
Thank you!
Dang, this series has looked so good from introduction and the new Z is the best looking yet IMO.

PS: Love the U65 at the top end of the bag. I have never found anything easier to hit high and straight in that 190-205 yard range.

Icy

7aa1c2423d11cc8f54bfb99e4161ce57.jpg

If my skill level allowed, these would be at the top of my list for a blade to try. They are soooooo elegant. Can't wait to hear more about these.

Srixon Z-Forged Irons

Here is a quick look at the Z Forged 8 iron with a z745 for comparison. Apologies for the picture quality.

Z Forged Left
20beba80b64087b31a6fe88a6dea7709.jpg

9beb216848e5be5bfb392e0875347093.jpg

dc5e2fb7dc75fe89eb2838a9a184b54b.jpg

I am adding the PW and 9i to my 785 combo set I am currently playing. I am very excited to get them in the bag.

Had a fitting last week. I went in expecting to walk out with Titleist 718 cb/mb. Or even the mizunos.

Came down to mizuno vs z forged. It was a coin toss because they both worked so well for me and I prefer Mizuno MP 18 mb look at address.

Z forged had the best dispersion and consistency and it felt more forgiving and more workable for me. Plus their pricing and customs shaft offering was amazing. I might end up getting a used mizuno set in the future to play with.

Ordered 4-pw in $ taper x. Can’t wait for it to come in!

5108f7818ac21138ecc75ecdbd5a58df.jpg

Purple circle is srixon. Blue was mizuno 6 iron.

400dbc4c529017793ed0b5f0fe427bd9.jpg

Hit the 7i tonight with a Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 stiff shaft, standard lie

Despite not being the likely best setup it felt so easy to hit

The heads had only.just arrived today so I was the first person to even hit it and it has got me rethinking what a future bag setup could be....I was thinking Z585/785 combo but not now....
1f1dfb79ba94f78f45a9eeea46a2afb0.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Back