Srixon Z-Forged Irons

Went to the range last night and I guess you could say I was striking these fairly well - this is the 8i

Range session - 8i.jpg

These irons are purdy!

Wrong thread.

But tweet embedding works ?‍♂️

I have played a few rounds now, and this is my first blade experience. I love them already, sure they are a club shorter then my old Callaway XR pro at least, but the feel and feed back is great. They also show no mercy when hit poorly, but that's no surprise. I really hope I can get one or two rounds in before my course closes.

Now that I have had a few months with these, I still continue to be impressed with how they are performing, to the point that I am seeing the ball spin back with the shorter irons on the greens

That has caused me a few problems as I have hit a number of shots that have hit the greens in places I wanted to be, only to see the ball spin back, and in some cases off the green

It is hard to think how they could improve on these irons, but I will likely give whatever replaces them a hit when they are eventually released in a year or so (my guess based on the previous schedule for Srixon and their irons)

I liked this picture

Man I love those - nice picture!

I love mine!

I love mine, just wish we were allowed to play golf so I could use them

Beautiful. I'm playing the 965/765/565 combo set right now but I think these Z-Forged look even better than my Z965's.

Was it a coincedence or some internet vodoo that Srixon sent me an email while I was looking at this very thread.

Loved this picture.

Loved this picture.

Z-Forged are some sexy irons, I love seeing this thread pop up. Build in progress perhaps? :unsure:

You know its really funny how some clubs generate cult discussion on THP and others just kinda lurk. With all the praises and discussion that z5x5 and z7x5 have generated, these have been out for 1.5 years and this thread is only 6 pages in.

I can assure everyone, however, that these play and feel on a level that competes with any blade out there. Phenomenal season with these last year. Just fantastic irons, I can't say enough good things.

Z-Forged are some sexy irons, I love seeing this thread pop up. Build in progress perhaps? :unsure:

You know its really funny how some clubs generate cult discussion on THP and others just kinda lurk. With all the praises and discussion that z5x5 and z7x5 have generated, these have been out for 1.5 years and this thread is only 6 pages in.

I can assure everyone, however, that these play and feel on a level that competes with any blade out there. Phenomenal season with these last year. Just fantastic irons, I can't say enough good things.
Only have a couple of heads and building them with some Project X shafts.

One of, if not, the best looking blades on the market. I wish I had the game to put them in the bag.

I love my set. Looks great, feels great and they are honest. You get what you put in.

One of, if not, the best looking blades on the market. I wish I had the game to put them in the bag.
To be honest I was the same when I first tried them - I never expected to hit them the way I did as I was a 12 handicap at the time, but since putting them in my bag I have dropped to single figures, shot a PB of 74 for 18 holes and shot level par for 9 holes recently

Give them a try, you might surprise yourself

If blades played well for everyone this is the set I would game! classy and pure!

With the new sets arriving shortly I see that these have come down in price a little. I currently have the 765/965 in the bag and could be tempted to go to 785/Z Forged. Anyone have any direct comparison?

Forgiveness? Trajectory?

Thanks

With the new sets arriving shortly I see that these have come down in price a little. I currently have the 765/965 in the bag and could be tempted to go to 785/Z Forged. Anyone have any direct comparison?

Forgiveness? Trajectory?

Thanks
I think @JDax or @HuddieJ might have played both.

Forgiveness? Trajectory?

Thanks
@HuddieJ played this exact combo set, I’ll get him to provide some feedback for you.

Forgiveness? Trajectory?

Thanks
Ok bud, now I have never hit the 765s or the 965s, but the combo set of the 785s and the Z-Forged is the way to go brother! Looks wise, there’s not a better combo set in the biz. I find that the forgiveness has got extremely better with the technology that are in the 785/Zs, it’s nothing compared to the old 712-714 MBs that I used to play! Now, they do look like butter knifes, but the forgiveness is there with off center hits. But, I will tell you this, there’s nothing better in the whole wide world than hitting it dead center, no better feeling!
I find that the combo of the 785/Zs have a piercing trajectory and carry a country mile! A true wind cheater ball flight that gives you that stinger when you need it. Now, granted I did change the lofts a degree or 2 to have them compare to my PXGs so I was comfortable with the distance when I was competing for the Srixon Championship.
In my opinion if you are in the market for a new set of irons and you are happy with the price change, you won’t be disappointed and you won’t find a better looking and performing set of irons on the market!
If you have anymore questions or any specific questions I didn’t answer, please hit me up and I’ll point you in the right direction!

Forgiveness? Trajectory?

Thanks
I went from a set of Z545 to the Z785 4-6i and Z-Forged 7-PW and couldn't be happier

At the time time of the switch I was a 12 handicap and hadn't even considered the blades, but after hitting them I knew they were going in the bag

They are just so easy to hit and are so consistent in terms of distance control but still quite forgiving at the same time

Back