2019 PING G410 Drivers

The heads pictured are the exact heads that were tested.

And they spec’d out nearly identical which is kind of cool.

Nothing like apples to apples to see what's going on 'under the hood'

I was just about to say. Why compare apples to oranges? Should have postponed the 400 LST test once the 410 LST comes out this summer.

This is like comparing an Epic Flash to an Epic Sub Zero or an M3 to an M6.

I was just about to say. Why compare apples to oranges? Should have postponed the 400 LST test once the 410 LST comes out this summer.

This is like comparing an Epic Flash to an Epic Sub Zero or an M3 to an M6.

It's pretty simple... We had a G400 LST head at THP HQ and I felt like it would be a fun comparison. Better question would probably be "why not"?

And if you want to talk about apples to oranges that's fine, but I can just about guarantee that the results of this test will not fall along the assumed lines of what would be expected.

It's pretty simple... We had a G400 LST head at THP HQ and I felt like it would be a fun comparison. Better question would probably be "why not"?

And if you want to talk about apples to oranges that's fine, but I can just about guarantee that the results of this test will not fall along the assumed lines of what would be expected.

No worries. I was just wondering if there was a reason for the low spin head test against the new std head.

I even look at an LST Head and it snap hooks on me like a fresh SLDR lol

No worries. I was just wondering if there was a reason for the low spin head test against the new std head.

I even look at an LST Head and it snap hooks on me like a fresh SLDR lol

Based on everything about this post, I think the video we create will be highly intriguing.

I'm being a huge tease, no doubt - But it really is fascinating.

Had a chance to spend more time with the G410+ last night on a CG2.
My main focus was to see if the hosel and weight adjustments worked. Since I fight a snap hook I did not bother with trying the heel weight setting.

Here were my shot averages in the various settings (12* head used for all shots):
Smash factor was set to 1.40
Shaft/Settings-------------------------------- Club-- Ball--- Launch--Spin ----Height--Decent---Carry---Total----Offline yds
Alta Red R; Loft: +1.5; Weight: Fade---------93-----130------15 ----2,038-----24 -----33--------209-----237---(12) left
Alta Red R; Loft: Neutral; Weight: Fade------94----132------14------2,173-----21------31--------205-----234----(9) left
Alta Red R; Loft: Neutral; Weight: Neutral---92----129------13------2,586-----20------32--------199-----225----(6) left
Alta Red Soft R; Loft: +1.5; Weight: Fade----94----132------13-----2,725-----22------33--------199-----224----(22) left
Alta Red R; Loft: +1.5; Weight: Neutral------92----129------15------2,293----22------33--------198-----226----(32) left

Some of my takeaways:
  • The Soft Regular shaft put up the highest single ball speed of 133.0 but also spun 700 more than the R flex shaft with the same hosel and weight settings
  • Weight and Loft neutral went the straightest but was 10 yds off my best performing setup (spun a little more)
  • Given I need launch and help with fighting hooks, I wasn't surprised to see adding loft and fade weighting producing my best results.
  • Fade weighting did seem to mitigate my left miss. Ping claims 10 yds of help in the weighting. In the same hosel setting, I saw 20 yds less draw with the weight in the fade setting than neutral (32 yds vs 12 yds).
  • I did try the Flat lie / +1 loft setting thinking this might be the hot setup for me, but I really struggled with this setting and didn't bother with recording the results.

My main focus was to see if the hosel and weight adjustments worked. Since I fight a snap hook I did not bother with trying the heel weight setting.

Here were my shot averages in the various settings (12* head used for all shots):
Shaft/Settings-------------------------------- Club-- Ball--- Launch--Spin ----Height--Decent---Carry---Total----Offline yds
Alta Red R; Loft: +1.5; Weight: Fade---------93-----130------15 ----2,038-----24 -----33--------209-----237---(12) left
Alta Red R; Loft: Neutral; Weight: Fade------94----132------14------2,173-----21------31--------205-----234----(9) left
Alta Red R; Loft: Neutral; Weight: Neutral---92----129------13------2,586-----20------32--------199-----225----(6) left
Alta Red Soft R; Loft: +1.5; Weight: Fade----94----132------13-----2,725-----22------33--------199-----224----(22) left
Alta Red R; Loft: +1.5; Weight: Neutral------92----129------15------2,293----22------33--------198-----226----(32) left

Some of my takeaways:
  • The Soft Regular shaft put up the highest single ball speed of 133.0 but also spun 700 more than the R flex shaft with the same hosel and weight settings
  • Weight and Loft neutral went the straightest but was 10 yds off my best performing setup (spun a little more)
  • Given I need launch and help with fighting hooks, I wasn't surprised to see adding loft and fade weighting producing my best results.
  • Fade weighting did seem to mitigate my left miss. Ping claims 10 yds of help in the weighting. In the same hosel setting, I saw 20 yds less draw with the weight in the fade setting than neutral (32 yds vs 12 yds).
  • I did try the Flat lie / +1 loft setting thinking this might be the hot setup for me, but I really struggled with this setting and didn't bother with recording the results.

Good stuff Erock, I like seeing all of the numbers with all of the tinkering that was done.

Some of my takeaways:

good stuff dude. I know you like to get out and test a bunch so keep on rockin on.

good stuff dude. I know you like to get out and test a bunch so keep on rockin on.

Happy to share. I’m a data geek. Lol I used to go hit almost everyday back in 2014-2016 on my lunch break at Galaxy/Golfsmith and get numbers but at my new job I don’t have access to a monitor nearby.

Fortunately my local shop who used to charge $50 for a fitting to get anytime on the CG2 has loosened up a bit and they will let you hit some for no charge.

For those not following the Range Days thread, here is a look at what is coming in Episode #1.

i-XG2fCMh-X2.jpg

just watched a video from TXG that hit today with the same heads, so it will be interesting to see how the results/thoughts are similar or different.

just watched a video from TXG that hit today with the same heads, so it will be interesting to see how the results/thoughts are similar or different.

i watched that video also, and will be interested to see how dan fared. based on what matt saw, i expect dan to see some pretty high spin, but we'll see.

seemed to me that the 410 on its best hits was still slower than the speeds he was seeing out of the f9 and the new mizuno. even before a custom fit.

i watched that video also, and will be interested to see how dan fared. based on what matt saw, i expect dan to see some pretty high spin, but we'll see.

seemed to me that the 410 on its best hits was still slower than the speeds he was seeing out of the f9 and the new mizuno. even before a custom fit.

yeah it will cool to see when episide 1 hits. Both guys are high SS long ballers, so it shall be interesting. I'm a fan of this stuff, again these don't push me one way or another on purchasing, but I'm a big fan on gathering as much information on products and then using it to go from there. So I think it is cool that there is a direct comparison out there that will give plenty of information to the golfer looking for such.

yeah it will cool to see when episide 1 hits. Both guys are high SS long ballers, so it shall be interesting. I'm a fan of this stuff, again these don't push me one way or another on purchasing, but I'm a big fan on gathering as much information on products and then using it to go from there. So I think it is cool that there is a direct comparison out there that will give plenty of information to the golfer looking for such.

the only thing about this driver that interests me is the lie angle adjustment on the adapter sleeve.

the only thing about this driver that interests me is the lie angle adjustment on the adapter sleeve.

I enjoy the heck out of g400. 410 seems cool, but yeah there are others that grab my attention more.

I enjoy the heck out of g400. 410 seems cool, but yeah there are others that grab my attention more.

max might be the best driver i've ever had in my bag. and i loved the 400 when i tested. but so far no one has convinced me that i should get excited about this driver over the other options on the market. there are compelling stories across the board, except here. at least for me.

I'm the same way, I like seeing information and comparisons. But seeing G400 LST compared to the "standard" G410 Plus seems a little odd considering that they are targeted towards different types of players. G400 vs G410 Plus, or their respective SFT models, seems like a better comparison to make.

I'm the same way, I like seeing information and comparisons. But seeing G400 LST compared to the "standard" G410 Plus seems a little odd considering that they are targeted towards different types of players. G400 vs G410 Plus, or their respective SFT models, seems like a better comparison to make.

Targeted or not, our data in Range Days says otherwise. We do explain why this was done as well. The good news is most stores have all of these in stock and we urge people to make their own comparisons.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...10-Plus-vs-Ping-G400-LST-Range-Days-Episode-1

This might be a dumb question but here goes! I know it is some guess work but just want to see some comments from folks that have hit both or also have this type of swing, if possible! :)

I use the G400 SFT because I guess I am a fade guy. I also have a high driver spin with a negative AoA so was told the SFT is better for me then the LST. So here's the question!

Do you guys think the G410 Plus set to DRAW would work better for me than my current setup?

Thx.

2019 PING G410 Drivers

gary woodland with a g410 animal style at 2019 honda? looks like he has two weights side-by-side in the center position.

EDIT: no, it's not that at all. just the normal weight.

Last edited:

I don't know about that -- I think the 410 Plus is a lower spinner than G400 - so it seems a valid comparison.

gary woodland with a g410 animal style at 2019 honda? looks like he has two weights side-by-side in the center position.

8ca88607bb6cb93335f2e0ef1e2e5d36.jpg

interesting, I recall Tim Clarke saying in the press releases that he was hoping to have him into a cortex

I don't know about that -- I think the 410 Plus is a lower spinner than G400 - so it seems a valid comparison.

Which is exactly why we did it. We mentioned that during the video and the data backs it up.

interesting, I recall Tim Clarke saying in the press releases that he was hoping to have him into a cortex

and i don't doubt he did! wilson hat. cobra shirt. ping driver. i mean, if ever there was an instance of a the value prop of the sponsorship highly questionable, this has to be one of those cases. different convo for a different thread, though.

8ca88607bb6cb93335f2e0ef1e2e5d36.jpg

Nope. That is the single weight. The 410 only has one place to screw the weight in at the center position. Now you could go Savage style (animal style is soooo played out) by adding another weight in the fade side, heel side or all 3.

Back