2019 PING G410 Drivers

Anyone else hit this one lately?

I got fit yesterday! 9 degree with stiff flex Tensei shaft. Great day at the range. Why does my moveable weight on the back say 14?

Anyone else hit this one lately?

Also, I know you don’t like it at address, but I really like how it frames the ball. I think I like this better than the flash, but maybe I just prefer ping drivers, Fws, and hybrids. Need to get numbers on both side by side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was at GG yesterday and hit about 20 balls with the Epic Flash and the G410 ...G410 was the winner in club head speed, feel/pop, accuracy, how it looks at address...also tried reg and stiff shaft and I was getting better results with stiff shaft and I swing 94-100 mph so could go either way...I am playing G400 lst now.

Was at GG yesterday and hit about 20 balls with the Epic Flash and the G410 ...G410 was the winner in club head speed, feel/pop, accuracy, how it looks at address...also tried reg and stiff shaft and I was getting better results with stiff shaft and I swing 94-100 mph so could go either way...I am playing G400 lst now.

If both were standard, the club head speed makes sense since at stock, the Ping G410 is longer than most drivers on the market in physical length.
We discuss this a bit in our Range Days episode on THP TV.

I’m sure you’ve talked about it, but I’m lazy, what’s your comparison on those?

So I have the Flash in 9* lofted up to ten and weight in draw with the attas and the G410 in 10.5 with the weight in draw and Coool - not apples to apples. I much prefer the sound and feel of the Ping and it launches quite a bit higher. Both are long, accurate, and fun to hit. I haven’t had them on launch monitor but I get similar results, but I think I’m a little more accurate with the ping. Both great, but for me, the sound and feel of the ping are way better

I have a driver fitting this weekend, though sadly I'm not super excited because my swing is still wonky (closing club face) do I'm seeing even lower launch and spin that usual. I had a driver only lesson last night, swinging the Max. At one point, my instructor had me hit the 12* 410 plus, and I started seeing much more reasonable numbers. I came away super impressed. I love the look at address. I prefer the shape of the 410 and the look of its crown over the Max. And due to the tremendous results the Max gave me last year, I've actually become fond of turbulators. The plus, like the Max, was also very forgiving.

For months, I've expected my fitting to come down to an Epic Flash or M6, in part because I've planned on keeping the Max, but the 410 may be the leader headed into the weekend.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My swing was very inconsistent the day of my driver fitting. I had only slept maybe 5 hours, broken up, since I work nights. I was able to pull off at least 2-3 good strikes with each club and he pulled the rest together. The guys at Miles of Golf here in Ohio set me up very well. I am extremely pleased with the G410 setup the fitter provided. As long as you can rattle off just a few good strikes I am sure the fitters can work with the data you give them.

I recently had a driver fitting and tested everything i could get my hands on. 2 Weeks previous I had a fitting for a set of irons and tried to test drivers after, but there wasn't much gas left in the tank. Fitter and I both had a good laugh at the driver spray pattern after decent dispersion with the irons. When i came back 2 weeks later to test only drivers the Ping stood out. From the previous fitting, the M5 was my favorite and the flash not far behind(never swung the 410). After not being thrilled with how I WAS swinging the Epic Flash, M5, M6, F9 + a couple others, I made it to the G410. The first couple shots were out of the middle(surprisingly) and felt great. After a few more swings I had used the entire face and never witnessed a massive drop off in speed. It was incredibly forgiving and managed to keep balls closer to the centerline than any of the others. The feel was easily my favorite and still pleasant on my many off center hits. After I got my swing under control and tried all the heads again the Ping remained on top. The shaft that worked best for me was a EF Blue 75g 6.0s. I tried to purchase the driver through my local club, but was told that the EF Blue was not an option. Has anyone else come across the G410 with the EF Blue? Is the blue much different from the black? I'm really looking forward to putting this club in the bag for this season and recommend trying it.

Ping had a demo day at my local course and I couldn’t resist trying the 410 plus since I haven’t hit a Ping driver in a long time. The dude who was running the show might have been the best Driver fitter I’ve ever met. I’m not a high spin type of guy and after 10 strikes and 3 adjustments I was dialed in. End up being 10.5 flat with a Tensei orange shaft.The driver was extremely long off the tee, deadly accurate and sounded like a bomb when struck well. If not for the fact I love my gamer, it would definitely be in consideration for a spot in my bag...

Last edited:
Welp, looks like I’m trying something new today. Wasn’t planning on switching out of the TS2 and was going to keep trying to make it work but the numbers (on multiple separate days) were way too good to pass.

410 plus with Atmos Black TS 7x getting me crazy good spin/launch numbers. The biggest standout was clubhead speed. Compared to TS2, Epic Flash, M6, and PXG, my speed jumped about 3-4mph with this club. Pretty nuts.

b51f1df833b51682275757c98619889f.jpg

I just did the same thing. I just made the purchase and can't wait to get it in. Driver has been such an on again/off again proposition for me over the last 6-8 months. Hope you have great results.

I just did the same thing. I just made the purchase and can't wait to get it in. Driver has been such an on again/off again proposition for me over the last 6-8 months. Hope you have great results.

Oh yeah man. This thing is money for me. Honestly I think I could’ve gone M5 and gotten great results too but I had never tried a Ping so I pulled the trigger there. It’s definitely a different sound/feel than I’m used to but I haven’t ever driven the ball like this in my life.

Was at a fitter trying out drivers. The Ping 410 plus was easily my favorite but my swing was for crap and I just couldn't find a shaft combination I liked. I didn't get a club at the time. I didn't try the standard shafts and I can just pick one up at a store in some models. Has anyone had experience with the Alta CB red 55 shaft? Specifically in stiff. I have a SS of 100-105.

I like the shape and look of the 410 Plus crown. Any rumors on whether a Max version is in the works? I'd hate to pull the trigger on a 410 Plus only to have a Max released later.

I like the shape and look of the 410 Plus crown. Any rumors on whether a Max version is in the works? I'd hate to pull the trigger on a 410 Plus only to have a Max released later.

Isn't the G410 Plus 455cc? Are 5cc's going to make a difference?

Isn't the G410 Plus 455cc? Are 5cc's going to make a difference?
Not sure. I'm assuming they can do things with weight distribution to increase MOI too, but based on the size of the g410, I kind of assumed there wouldn't be a Max version. The recent release of the LST, which is 5cc less, is what has me a bit spooked.

Not sure. I'm assuming they can do things with weight distribution to increase MOI too, but based on the size of the g410, I kind of assumed there wouldn't be a Max version. The recent release of the LST, which is 5cc less, is what has me a bit spooked.

It may not make you any more comfortable, but even when the Plus came out, the LST was considered a matter of if, not when.

Assuming that they were able to make both Plus and LST higher MOI, and given that the Plus is indeed larger, there might not be much to be gained from a Max, not only from a player perspective but also from Ping from a business perspective. Having another head consumes both R&D and operations resources.

But, if that is the case, I'd think it's also in their best interests to say that this is it for the line. I have to think there are more than a few holding off on a 410 purchase out of concern that a potentially better fit Max will arrive. If they wait and nothing appears that just leaves time for newer, shinier things to catch their eye instead.

Count me as someone who's waiting for the Max. I liked the G400 Max a lot better than the standard, so I'm not going to risk buying a G410 and having a better version come out 6 months later.

Count me as someone who's waiting for the Max. I liked the G400 Max a lot better than the standard, so I'm not going to risk buying a G410 and having a better version come out 6 months later.

Me too. I already got burned once buying a G400 only to buy a G400 Max 6 months later.

I had never taken a swing with the G410 until this weekend. My golf buddy has one. I asked him if I could take a swing with it. I hit it twice and both times hit long, straight, high balls, that looked to be low spin. It felt great. This is a good club. I can’t believe how many good drivers were put into the market place this year.

Welp.....bought the 410 this past weekend and took it for a spin in a tournament round. It is staying in the bag. I had the Epic previously in the bag and the 410 just performs better.

There was a golf shop that was doing 50% more on trade ins so I took a whole bunch of stuff in and decided to buy a driver (why not?).

I tested the epic flash, Speedback, Mizuno, G410 and right away I kicked the mizuno out. All of the clubs were getting similar numbers but the Mizuno just didn't feel good to me. The next out was the Cobra as it felt very light and when I went after shots the results were disastrous. When in control the driver was nice but I can't be trusted to always be in control. I tried multiple shafts on the Epic Flash and G410 but the combo of G410 and Even Flow black was a match made in heaven. Low 2000's spin and a few extra yds in carry. Then I switched to the flat setting as I battle a hook and the club was sold at that point.

Back