2019 PING G410 Drivers

From what I understand, the 400Max might be a little more forgiving, but the 410 is longer?

All Going to depend on the fit and what you need.

the Max looks to my eye like it has a larger footprint or profile down by the ball. Slightly higher spin I’d say.

The 410 has the adjustable weight system so you should be able to dial in the shot shape a bit.

both are very good drivers.

Got to the range today in NY. Not bad temps (45 ish) to hit a few at the local heated range.

First chance getting to hit the 410 LST in reasonable temps and only the second time hitting the club. Also had an AD IZ 6X tipped for trying out in it, so wanted to see how that pairs up.

Anyway, the range I want to now has launch monitors. My swing is a fair amount rusty from not hitting in months, but I noticed something a bit interesting. Most of my driver swings were in the 152-154 ball speed range while I tried out different settings on the shaft sleeve and moved the head weight from straight back to heel side. No major differences in strike, ball speed etc.. Hit most drives out right a bit but fairly solid.

The range balls are garbage, but I was trying to see if I could get above 155 ball speed at least.

Just couldn't do it.....then....I noticed that all my strikes were toe side (apparently I live a bit toe side on drivers these days). Not sure why I bothered to try it, given my misses were out to the right (straight pushes mostly), but I put the weight in the toe side of the head. I figured my first hit would go straight right and perhaps even fade.
First hit felt great and shot off the face....and I picked up a solid 3-4 mph ball speed. At that point I was at the end of the bucket, but the remaining about 6 balls I hit were all right at 158 ball speed. The driver also felt and sounded a bit more solid. Kinda shocked me a bit. I suppose with the weight toe side, it is helping me retain more ball speed with the slight toe side hits.

This driver is the best golf purchase I’ve ever made...

I’d really like to try the LST.

I hope to get mine or a replacement back from Ping soon. Ironically I have been using a Callaway 816 dbd while I wait for either the ping or sim max to show up and have been smashing it. Long and straight, something about that head really suits my eye. If I could find one in great shape I would buy it for sure. Should have never sold mine but glad a buddy has one to use but unfortunately it has seen better days cosmetically speaking

@Jman
Tell me what driver your playing again and a little info on it please?!

@Jman
Tell me what driver your playing again and a little info on it please?!
Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro, lots of feedback on it in that thread if you’re curious! (y)

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro, lots of feedback on it in that thread if you’re curious! (y)
Ok, we’re you just playing the g400 or g410 though? I missed the exotics.

The G410 is a fun driver....like every Ping over the last 5+years.

Was at the shop yesterday hitting some different driver combos. This shot here led the pack —
G410 12* set to neutral with weight in the fade setting, Tensei Orange CK 60 R.
Usually on the monitor They have a good shot is 200-205 carry with Up to 225-230 roll. So this one surprised me.
F404422B-3562-4D77-BA77-BFC5483F9433.jpeg

OK,

I have finally tamed and figured out my G400 Max driver to stop it from being a hook machine for me. I have the 10.5 turned down to 9.5 and I'm bombing it now. I see some reviews where people are squeezing out even more distance with the G410 Plus but I'm afraid to mess with what is working for me. I also see some mixed review from people on here about it.

Is there anyone who has moved from the G400 MAX to the G410 and loved it? I've not gotten an opportunity to even swing one yet but I'm curious exactly how much different they are when both are in their stock Alta CB shafts and have seen a used LH one for a decent deal.

OK,

I have finally tamed and figured out my G400 Max driver to stop it from being a hook machine for me. I have the 10.5 turned down to 9.5 and I'm bombing it now. I see some reviews where people are squeezing out even more distance with the G410 Plus but I'm afraid to mess with what is working for me. I also see some mixed review from people on here about it.

Is there anyone who has moved from the G400 MAX to the G410 and loved it? I've not gotten an opportunity to even swing one yet but I'm curious exactly how much different they are when both are in their stock Alta CB shafts and have seen a used LH one for a decent deal.

When I got fit, I tried the Epic Flash, Cobra F9, and the Ping G410, and then the G400max. The G400 Max gave me an extra 10mph ball speed so I went with that. I think the G400max is hard to beat but YMMV.

My instructor, who does a lot of data gathering, says that 410 Plus is just a little straighter.

He did not tell me to change, but I tried the 410 Plus with him on Trackman, and it did not fit me visually as compared to the 400 Max. Kept the Max, changed to a TPT Red Shaft and was straighter in the 2 rounds I've played it. Also, longer. And longer with my meager 90 SS is always good

I’ll be honest, I don’t know if I can get much straighter than how I’ve hit my MAX over the last couple of weeks. I pulled one and sliced one last night but virtually everything was dead straight down the middle of the fairway. I guess I’ll just need to try them head to head and see if there is a distinguishable difference for me. I’m not a high speed swinger do I don’t know if the 5cc difference in head size will do much for club head speed for me.

G410 plus has put me in positions on course that I couldn't reach before. I've driven the short 4s at my local courses and accuracy really is just me squaring the face.

Enjoying the G410 LST. Recently bumped the 9* head up to the large + and moved the weight from draw to neutral. Feels great. This isn't the best sounding driver, but the balance between forgiveness and distance/spin is excellent.

I got fit for the 410 LST a few weeks back (posted a thread on it in the fitting section), and I'm just itching to put it in play. It's interesting you note squaring the face, @hedley_lamarr08 - that was my experience. I was leaving my driver and many of the others I tried open, and just squaring the G410 up perfectly. Night and day.

I got fit for the 410 LST a few weeks back (posted a thread on it in the fitting section), and I'm just itching to put it in play. It's interesting you note squaring the face, @hedley_lamarr08 - that was my experience. I was leaving my driver and many of the others I tried open, and just squaring the G410 up perfectly. Night and day.

When is this ready for the course? I want to see you hitting bombs

When is this ready for the course? I want to see you hitting bombs

AZ being the epicenter of the second COVID outbreak hasn't helped in that regard - should be a couple weeks.

I had a brief fitting opportunity with a Ping representative today and he recommended to me to go with the G410 9* with the Evenflow black 5.5 shaft. I launch the G400 Max 10.5* too high and it is costing me some distance. Even with the high fade/slice I was hitting today I was still gaining yardage over the G400 MAX.

Now the trick is to see if I can find anyone who has this combination in stock for a LH. I'm not particularly interested in waiting until probably mid Sept to get it since our golf season will be starting to wind down here. If I can't and I can manage it I may just wait until the winter and see about ordering the next version from Ping.

I had a brief fitting opportunity with a Ping representative today and he recommended to me to go with the G410 9* with the Evenflow black 5.5 shaft. I launch the G400 Max 10.5* too high and it is costing me some distance. Even with the high fade/slice I was hitting today I was still gaining yardage over the G400 MAX.

Now the trick is to see if I can find anyone who has this combination in stock for a LH. I'm not particularly interested in waiting until probably mid Sept to get it since our golf season will be starting to wind down here. If I can't and I can manage it I may just wait until the winter and see about ordering the next version from Ping.

I know this doesn’t your question, but I’m a lefty too and hit the 10.5 Max too high so I bought a 9* Max and its perfect. I’ve gained a lot distance with a better trajectory and roll.

I know this doesn’t your question, but I’m a lefty too and hit the 10.5 Max too high so I bought a 9* Max and its perfect. I’ve gained a lot distance with a better trajectory and roll.

I also use a G400 Max 9 and my swingspeed is low 90's. Ball still goes high because of my +7 AOA. I was thinking about a 410+ 9 degree - a bit longer and straighter is the story (But the Mavrik feels so much better).

Yeah, I've though about that too but I think I also need to some of the moveable weight adjustments to fine tune as well to help me find more fairways. I thought I had the Max figured out a month ago and now I'm spraying the ball all over again. I've had a hook issue for the last year plus and now I'm back to slicing really high fades. I've got some swing work to do but I really do seem to have picked up distance with the G410

I hope to get mine or a replacement back from Ping soon. Ironically I have been using a Callaway 816 dbd while I wait for either the ping or sim max to show up and have been smashing it. Long and straight, something about that head really suits my eye. If I could find one in great shape I would buy it for sure. Should have never sold mine but glad a buddy has one to use but unfortunately it has seen better days cosmetically speaking

I regret getting rid of my 817 dbd daily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back