2019 PING G410 Drivers

I went from Max 10.5 Alta Stiff to playing the G410 Plus 9 with Tensei Orange Stiff and ive gained roughly 15 yards and on some shots ive managed to reach parts of my home courses I couldn’t get to off the tee.

Pulled the trigger on a 9* 410 w/ the evenflow 5.5 like was recommended to me. I'm guessing 30 days for delivery but 2nd swing should be able to provide me an ETA in a day or 2.

I went from Max 10.5 Alta Stiff to playing the G410 Plus 9 with Tensei Orange Stiff and ive gained roughly 15 yards and on some shots ive managed to reach parts of my home courses I couldn’t get to off the tee.

Interesting the 410 Plus with the Tensei. I'm looking at that exact same combo. I loved the 10.5 Max. It was a total fairway finder that I foolishly sold. The 10.5% launched a little high. I turned the loft down a setting. How do you compare the forgiveness of the Max to the 410 Plus?

Any other comparisons would be greatly appreciated!

I got a 410 Plus with the Even Flow 75 cut to 43.5 on its way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Tensei Orange in a G410 Plus I’m willing to part with if interested.

Interesting the 410 Plus with the Tensei. I'm looking at that exact same combo. I loved the 10.5 Max. It was a total fairway finder that I foolishly sold. The 10.5% launched a little high. I turned the loft down a setting. How do you compare the forgiveness of the Max to the 410 Plus?

depends on my erratic swing. I’m roughly 20 yards carry longer now that the dust has settled. I can’t tell much of a difference in forgiveness. Strangely my club head speed is up 2-3 mph likely due to being more comfortable with the setup.

I went from the G400 MAX 10.5 to the G410 Plus 9*. I just received my G410 last week and got it out to the course with a couple of range sessions.

I have personally found the G410 more forgiving for me but I think a big portion of that is finding the right shaft and stability. I ordered it with the even flow black 75 but I also built a even flow black 65. The 75g was an improvement over the G400 Max but I think I've finally found my right fit with the 65g version. So far I've probably added 20 yards with it and my consistency is much higher based on my early experience. I'm sure part of it is the lower loft because I was hitting too high with the MAX but the stability and feel of the Even Flow fits me better than I thought it would.

Numbers wise the heads of the MAX and G41are a bit different when the MAX is more forgiving on paper but I'm finding the G410 much more consistent/forgiving for me. I think it mostly comes down to having the right shaft combo and if you like the profile if the Tensei or not.

I went from the G400 MAX 10.5 to the G410 Plus 9*. I just received my G410 last week and got it out to the course with a couple of range sessions.

I have personally found the G410 more forgiving for me but I think a big portion of that is finding the right shaft and stability. I ordered it with the even flow black 75 but I also built a even flow black 65. The 75g was an improvement over the G400 Max but I think I've finally found my right fit with the 65g version. So far I've probably added 20 yards with it and my consistency is much higher based on my early experience. I'm sure part of it is the lower loft because I was hitting too high with the MAX but the stability and feel of the Even Flow fits me better than I thought it would.

Numbers wise the heads of the MAX and G41are a bit different when the MAX is more forgiving on paper but I'm finding the G410 much more consistent/forgiving for me. I think it mostly comes down to having the right shaft combo and if you like the profile if the Tensei or not.

Sadly, my own mental hang-ups make it hard for me to get fit. For whatever reason, I never can swing normally in a hitting bay. So it makes it really hard to get fit. I did find an outdoor shaft fitter...but for some reason I was worried about 'looking bad' in front of him. I was swinging way too fast and spraying balls everywhere. He was trying to be nice, but started making major changes to my swing. So then things go way worse.

Two days later I played, had my normal swing and had a fantastic round.

I have some trackman data from outdoor sessions with my regular instructor that I feel are a good baseline. Those are pretty consistent. (SS around 100, loft around 14.5-15.5 spin 2400-2800) But it was literally like I didn't know how to golf with the fitter.

The stock shaft in the Alta seemed to work fine. I was a bit interested in the Tensei only because it is a 1/2 inch shorter with the same SW. I have the Tensei Blue in my Callawy Fairway wood and like it. But know the orange and blue are different.

I'm admittedly am not knowledgable about shafts at all. Without being able to really test, it's just been guessing. So I stayed with stock the last few long term drivers I've had.

Stuck the G410 plus in the bag back in February. It’s the most excited I’ve ever been about a club as it continues to perform. It’s rare to get a club that makes noticeable gains, at least for me anyway. But this has made such a difference, even my regular partners often comment on it. I’m hitting the ball further, straighter, and as someone that has always struggled to get any decent height on my drives, higher! I’ve hit some filthy shots with this thing! It can’t be coincidence either that since this went in the bag, I’m probably playing the most consistent golf of my life. I’m not one to generally big up clubs, but this thing is seriously legit!!!!

Mine was built wit the 75 as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly, my own mental hang-ups make it hard for me to get fit. For whatever reason, I never can swing normally in a hitting bay. So it makes it really hard to get fit. I did find an outdoor shaft fitter...but for some reason I was worried about 'looking bad' in front of him. I was swinging way too fast and spraying balls everywhere. He was trying to be nice, but started making major changes to my swing. So then things go way worse.

Two days later I played, had my normal swing and had a fantastic round.

I have some trackman data from outdoor sessions with my regular instructor that I feel are a good baseline. Those are pretty consistent. (SS around 100, loft around 14.5-15.5 spin 2400-2800) But it was literally like I didn't know how to golf with the fitter.

The stock shaft in the Alta seemed to work fine. I was a bit interested in the Tensei only because it is a 1/2 inch shorter with the same SW. I have the Tensei Blue in my Callawy Fairway wood and like it. But know the orange and blue are different.

I'm admittedly am not knowledgable about shafts at all. Without being able to really test, it's just been guessing. So I stayed with stock the last few long term drivers I've had.
I demoed it a few times and had the opportunity to work with a Ping rep at a local store. he is the one who recommended the Even Flow Black to me. It isn't a shaft I ever would have thought was right for me but even as crappy as my swing was during those sessions it still gave enough of a baseline.

I have actually worked quite a bit on some driver flaws recently so I will say that those recommendations helped get me on the right path. Regardless if I was spraying the ball left or right I consistently hit up on the ball and we were focusing on managing the vertical launch with the EF shaft. Then I can use the adjustable weights on it to fine tune the ball flight but the stiffer tip design also helps tighten the dispersion.

I've also had a few people tell me that I have had a hard transition in my swing so the stability of the shaft and the stiffer tip really helped. I'm not a fast swinger but the Alta always seemed flippy to me. I know the even flow isn't billed as such but with my specific swing it is actually a mid-to-high launching and low spin shaft.

Ping labels the Tensei Orange as a high launch shaft which I find odd but it could possibly work for you if you get to try it. I've even found that if you book indoor practice time at a PGASS they'll allow you to demo clubs during your time and they completely leave you alone. I just tell them what I want to hit and they'll get it for me so I could do a comparison against my other clubs.

Back