2019 PING G410 Drivers

I think the crown looks fine. Better than what the last two releases have looked like at that position. The sole is boring. As a fan of the g400 line, I'm sure I'll give it a hit at some point.

The sole kinda reminds me of a larger Optiforce, in that.. shape.

All I had to see was Shiels showing a 10 yard gain over G400 Max. I won’t give-up the fairways I’m hitting with the Max, but 10 yards is big!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am a big ping fan and loved the g400 and max, and this just isn’t doing it for me. Watched a couple reviews and will be passing on this one..: until the max comes out. Will give that a hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shiels doesn't seem to think there will be a Max version, but then he was surprised by the last one, too.

But with this driver already at 455cc, what could the Max do better to be more forgiving?

And I know the release says orders will start shipping 3/1, but do we know when these will be available in shops to demo?

Wow, they staved off another release with no carbon crown. Interesting. The price point is...definitely a departure from what we've seen from Ping (albeit not from the industry trend). I'm sure I'll try it at some point, but initially I'm not seeing anything breakthrough here.

Wow, they staved off another release with no carbon crown. Interesting. The price point is...definitely a departure from what we've seen from Ping (albeit not from the industry trend). I'm sure I'll try it at some point, but initially I'm not seeing anything breakthrough here.

They didn't need it in the 400's, so I'm sure they figure why go there yet.

Just watched Rick's video, sounds almost like old PING sound and not the 400.....if so.....oof.

I used to be a Ping guy exclusively for many years, advancing to each new generation of irons until they stopped showing any improvement over the previous version in distance, forgiveness or dispersion. That is when I started making the move over to Callaway. The one weakness in Ping's lineup for me was always the driver. The only one that ever performed for me the Rapture/Rapture V2. Obviously, Ping is making big strides in the driver department and the G400 has been very successful. I am sure this one will be, too.

They didn't need it in the 400's, so I'm sure they figure why go there yet.
I just remember some "speculation" we saw in the unofficial, way-too-early threads that it was happening. And for the MSRP jump from the 400 line, I was expecting a little more.

I actually like the looks of this driver! I think it looks really good, but I didn’t care much for the G400. It is interesting how much of a leap they’ve taken away from the very successful G400 line. With all the changes I’m curious as to what it’s done to the sound/feel, the G400 definitely had it’s own unique sound/feel that many really enjoyed.

that's where i am too. i don't see anything here in the tech story that is telling me why this is an advancement, and why i should spend that much money. one company used a super computer to design its face. another had to actually dial back the speed it created off its face. i see this as a miss, rather than building on the 400 line that was one of the better i've ever tried.

I just remember some "speculation" we saw in the unofficial, way-too-early threads that it was happening. And for the MSRP jump from the 400 line, I was expecting a little more.

Love me some speculation, I always sit back and chuckle at all the theories and rumors we hear.

I will say, based on RS's video, that 16g weight works.

Just watched Rick's video, sounds almost like old PING sound and not the 400.....if so.....oof.

Yeah that was a huge turnoff because the 400 and even the max with hot melt sound great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's where i am too. i don't see anything here in the tech story that is telling me why this is an advancement, and why i should spend that much money. one company used a super computer to design its face. another had to actually dial back the speed it created off its face. i see this as a miss, rather than building on the 400 line that was one of the better i've ever tried.

Honestly, what was the breakthrough story with the G400 line? It wasn't about the materials used or some crazy design story. It was how they were able to have the highest MOI drivers out there that could still compete on ball speed. I can't see PING going backwards on MOI with this release, and then you add in movable weight and more adjustability with the hosel? I want to hit this one when it releases.

Having a heavier headweight is a huge plus for me as well. For comparison, Epic Flash is sub 200 grams per the Grandaddy guys. Also, PING is also stepping up their no upcharge game with Evenflow Black and Tensei Orange.

Honestly, what was the breakthrough story with the G400 line? It wasn't about the materials used or some crazy design story. It was how they were able to have the highest MOI drivers out there that could still compete on ball speed. I can't see PING going backwards on MOI with this release, and then you add in movable weight and more adjustability with the hosel? I want to hit this one when it releases.

Having a heavier headweight is a huge plus for me as well. For comparison, Epic Flash is sub 200 grams per the Grandaddy guys. Also, PING is also stepping up their no upcharge game with Evenflow Black and Tensei Orange.

These are all really really good points Amol.

And I'm like you, the heavier weights make me happy (this, and then the F9's are coming in at 205-206).

very good questions/points, and here is my honest response: nothing, which is why i didn't care about any of the 400 lines when released. only reason i ever hit it was because a fitter gave it to me to try. and my answer is the same for the max; other than the positive feedback from thp members and txg, it did nothing for me. until ian at txg told me to buy it, which i did, and now i love it!

so here i am having hit (and loved) the 400, and here i am having bought (and love) the max. if you want me to part with the driver i bought from you last year, and you want to charge me so much to do so, tell me why i should. i don't think they've done a very good job with that.

I haven't seen anyone else point this out but the price point is $100 more than the G400 line. The G410 is $500. The G400 MAX is still $400. The rest of the G400 line is now $300.

I haven't seen anyone else point this out but the price point is $100 more than the G400 line. The G410 is $500. The G400 MAX is still $400. The rest of the G400 line is now $300.

Yep, MSRP in the OP has it at 540.00

I think the looks are a downgrade from the G400 and really need to see how they improved this over the G400

Shiels doesn't seem to think there will be a Max version, but then he was surprised by the last one, too.

But with this driver already at 455cc, what could the Max do better to be more forgiving?

And I know the release says orders will start shipping 3/1, but do we know when these will be available in shops to demo?

The max was a late release with the g400 line. Both the lst and max are due out later because ping wasn’t able to improve on them in time for this release. This is something l like about the brand.

I watched a couple other videos this morning and it sounded louder in ricks video but I didn’t get the feeling it was the old ping g/g30 sound.

As for the release things I like are dragonfly tech stayed but is now underneath saving weight that can be reallocated. Bigger turbulators. I like they waited to do mwt until it made sense in their designs and being able to move it as much left to right as well as getting cg lower us great.

I’m glad they added more adjustability to the loft plus up to 3* flat setting. Being a current ping owner it sucks not being able to use/test current shaft in this but I get it and the change is nice. I like the look of the crown and sole. The sound if it is old ping will be off putting because imo it goes against their we don’t change to change and going backwards in sound would be that imo.

The ping and titleist approach to things are reasons I’ve always been a fan of those brands and this will get tested against my g400 as well as a few other releases.

Yep, MSRP in the OP has it at 540.00

Yes. It's an easy point for people to gloss over since we are so used to $500+ drivers now but something for people to consider if they are still interested in the others.

Yes. It's an easy point for people to gloss over since we are so used to $500+ drivers now but something for people to consider if they are still interested in the others.

I don't know that we are used to it, as this year is really the breaking point for it happening more widely, but its likely the new normal with FOUR companies over the 500 mark.

Wish they had gone to a sliding weight along the perimeter back. But I understand - they have the heavy weight in the middle back for more MOI and adjustments on either side. I'd like a slight adjustment... maybe.

I'm not sure how much you could improve a MAX model here unless you make it 460cc with no moveable weight. Then the question will come of how much the 5cc makes and if the weight isn't moveable, how different is it from the G400 MAX.

Additionally, why is there a SFT model when the weight is moveable? When I look at the pictures of the 2, the weight is the same place in the draw position. Is it just the lighter swing weight that is the only difference?

I'm not sure how much you could improve a MAX model here unless you make it 460cc with no moveable weight. Then the question will come of how much the 5cc makes and if the weight isn't moveable, how different is it from the G400 MAX.

Additionally, why is there a SFT model when the weight is moveable? When I look at the pictures of the 2, the weight is the same place in the draw position. Is it just the lighter swing weight that is the only difference?

I'd bet internally the SFT is more draw weighted as well. Extra draw, if you will.

Back