2019 PING G410 Drivers

It's going to be tough picking a new driver this year. Everyone seems to be bringing it!

i'm looking forward to some thp'ers getting this in their hands for some feedback. i watched a youtube review, and the results were impressive. i wasn't really considering this, but if it provides faster speeds vs the max and knocks off a few revs i might be interested. but $540 is a lotta scratch.

Someone mentioned $499 as street price.

i'm looking forward to some thp'ers getting this in their hands for some feedback. i watched a youtube review, and the results were impressive. i wasn't really considering this, but if it provides faster speeds vs the max and knocks off a few revs i might be interested. but $540 is a lotta scratch.

Only going to go up my friend. Sucks but it’s reality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only going to go up my friend. Sucks but it’s reality.

it's a little shock when you change the first number on the price, isn't it? but it's to be expected. if i see gains, i could be tempted.

I can't wait to hit the LST when it's released.

The G400 had awesome hype for those it performed well for. I was pretty envious every time i heard about it, too. I'm still hunting for that perfect full sized driver.

it's a little shock when you change the first number on the price, isn't it? but it's to be expected. if i see gains, i could be tempted.

Definitely sticker shock at first glance.

Especially when PXG is "only" $575.

Well, most companies seem to be adding a lot of features, elements, fancier materials, more build parts, and shafts to justify the price.

Did we see anything to validate the 120 dollar bump here? Moving weight hype?

Well, most companies seem to be adding a lot of features, elements, fancier materials, more build parts, and shafts to justify the price.

This was a much more succinct way of saying what I was trying to get at. You should be a writer or something ��

initially? not at all. but if the reviews here and elsewhere say they see improvements, i would want to test it.

i said the same about the 400 series. nothing interesting at all. til i tested it, and was super impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

16g of movable weight is massive, and it's all the weight with one screw not just flipping 6g or so around with multiple screws

initially? not at all. but if the reviews here and elsewhere say they see improvements, i would want to test it.

i said the same about the 400 series. nothing interesting at all. til i tested it, and was super impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And I think that’s Ping’s calling card. No frills, the clubs just work for a big part of the bell curve. From early reviews it appears that’s the case with this one.

I do think price being a differentiator before helped as well. Looks like they traded some of that advantage for added adjustability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sliding weight on a Ping.. Never thought I'd see the day. Love that the head profile is a bit less Dragonfly'y. Not surprised to see them like many other companies producing visual stabilizers for the crown material moving from face to back.

At a loss how there isn't an LST option at release.

Love the Tensei Orange and Evenflow Black secondary options (big step imo for Ping) - Way behind other companies for no upcharge options though.

Its not really a sliding weight though. You have to unscrew the weight, completely remove it and then put it in place. Pain in the ass but im sure through time theyll make it easier.

The look doesnt bother me a ton, aside from the mermaid on the sole. The crown is busy but thats been the norm with Ping drivers. Shiels did point out the loud sound so that scares me

That price increase makes the G400 LST and/or MAX look a lot more appealing.

Msrp is $540 and it’s $499 at retail. I’m guessing with the plus you see an an increase in ball speed and a few hundred rpm less compared to the max.

Price jump wasn’t that high. Not sure we see anything from any company that really justifies cost. They have changed adapted to add 3 more positions, the have a new forged face.

Its not really a sliding weight though. You have to unscrew the weight, completely remove it and then put it in place. Pain in the ass but im sure through time theyll make it easier.

The look doesnt bother me a ton, aside from the mermaid on the sole. The crown is busy but thats been the norm with Ping drivers. Shiels did point out the loud sound so that scares me

The 3 positions correlate to what they have gathered using where tour pros and orders thru their wrx department have had hot melt added to affect draw or fade biases plus the neutral setting. Watching rick’s video and two others I watched there is a noticeable change in sound from the g400 but it wasn’t something that sounded loud like in previous g lines.

The 3 positions correlate to what they have gathered using where tour pros and orders thru their wrx department have had hot melt added to affect draw or fade biases plus the neutral setting. Watching rick’s video and two others I watched there is a noticeable change in sound from the g400 but it wasn’t something that sounded loud like in previous g lines.

lol what? The 3 positions are the same 3 positions everyone with perimeter weighting has been using for years. I get that its new to Ping but its not new to drivers. Glad to see them make the jump and look forward to when they use a sliding track instead of whats in place now because its only a matter of time before someone drops the weight and loses it.

lol what? The 3 positions are the same 3 positions everyone with perimeter weighting has been using for years. I get that its new to Ping but its not new to drivers. Glad to see them make the jump and look forward to when they use a sliding track instead of whats in place now because its only a matter of time before someone drops the weight and loses it.

Yes there are some similarities but without the sliding track there’s not a meant locations for the weight. It will be interesting to see if they ever go to a sliding weigh but for some reason I don’t ever see that happening. From what I understand they had looked into some form of mwt but it was something that they felt wasn’t needed or benefited them. By moving the dragonfly under the hood and saving weight allowed them to add this instead of it being done because everyone was doing it

Yes there are some similarities but without the sliding track there’s not a meant locations for the weight. It will be interesting to see if they ever go to a sliding weigh but for some reason I don’t ever see that happening. From what I understand they had looked into some form of mwt but it was something that they felt wasn’t needed or benefited them. By moving the dragonfly under the hood and saving weight allowed them to add this instead of it being done because everyone was doing it

So what does that say now that they have MWT on the 410?

Only if you plan on changing it between shots. I think everyone else will test all 3 settings, pick the one that works for them, and then leave it like that for a long time.

I like the honesty in ping for not releasing a new max and lst if they are still working on them, but I do find it funny that they will be selling drivers with 2 noncompatiable tips.

G400 was a solid line up, curious to see how the g410 fills out.
So what? Callaway is doing the same thing right now with Epic Flash and Rogue/Epic Star.

So what? Callaway is doing the same thing right now with Epic Flash and Rogue/Epic Star.

in fairways yes, drivers no

in fairways yes, drivers no

I think he meant that the Flash is adjustable and you cant swap with the Epic Star cause it’s bonded. I could be wrong in his interpretation though.

To each their own, but I've never considered Callaway's "Star" release as being in line. More of a niche option (for way too much money).

It's funny how their marketing photos make it seem like a sliding weight, yet it's not at all. Some of the in hand product photos I've seen are not very flattering to the matte finish.

Price jump wasn’t that high. Not sure we see anything from any company that really justifies cost. They have changed adapted to add 3 more positions, the have a new forged face..

I mean... it's more than 20% isn't it? What would have been a 'high' price jump to you?

I can't wait to hit the LST when it's released.

The G400 had awesome hype for those it performed well for. I was pretty envious every time i heard about it, too. I'm still hunting for that perfect full sized driver.
I'm excited to give the LST a try as well and hope it will be available to hit by time demo days come here (early March). A shame it can't be ready with the rest of the line to be released, but I guess it happens. I just can't imagine the uproar if the likes of TM or Callaway did this, though. Good thing we can at least look back at the last 2 releases and see the history of their lines to see what we can expect to come.

Back