2019 PING G410 Drivers

It's funny how their marketing photos make it seem like a sliding weight, yet it's not at all. Some of the in hand product photos I've seen are not very flattering to the matte finish.

I mean... it's more than 20% isn't it? What would have been a 'high' price jump to you?

I’m not one who worries about what it’s going to cost mess I rarely pay full retail price or what the retail price is. Golf is a hobby and like every other hobby will he as expensive as one chooses. Imo the price jump from g400 to g410 is pretty much in line for what we have seen in recent years. $50-80 from one release to the next doesn’t surprise me.

The pricing part with ping that intrigues me is how this release sells when they still have the g400 max on shelves at $420 and the rest of the g400 line at ~$300.

What many knock ping and titleist for with the materials used, types of visible tech or not doing things that have been around for awhile are things that have me as fans of those brands. If ping would have gone to $540 that might have been a little shocking but on the other hand they would have been priced with the premier brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@emart2171 I'm not sure what you mean by "What many knock ping and titleist for with the materials used, types of visible tech or not doing things that have been around for awhile are things that have me as fans of those brands."?

With regards to price, does the fact that one company raise their pricing validate every other company in doing so? Should the construction of a product not play a role in a 25% price bump?

I'm not one to squabble about price, after all, I bought PXG irons and found out money doesn't give you 7 irons at a consistent 160 yards. But as I see it, we are getting some yardage gains just by refining several areas of design and a weight system that seems cartoonish in appearance but works. I'm not a fan of Ping stock shafts, so $540 for a head after paying $399 for similar tech last year?

Give me the 420 ...

For guys without the 400 series, check out the 410 - appears to be an excellent driver.

Open weight holes??

Open weight holes??

I have become a PING believer after putting the G400 in my bag, so I will give this one a chance.. BUT

Something about the screw holes for the other open settings just out in the open, without a plug or something bugs me. I know I won't be seeing it at address but just seems... unfinished for a lack of a better term...

2019 PING G410 Drivers

I Something about the screw holes for the other open settings just out in the open, without a plug or something bugs me. I know I won't be seeing it at address but just seems... unfinished for a lack of a better term...

I guess the good thing is the open holes are in the back perimeter and virtually out of sight.
Unlike the Flyz + which left a big gaping void on the sole

8942a2bf065867922d3d28d066860cfb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have become a PING believer after putting the G400 in my bag, so I will give this one a chance.. BUT

Something about the screw holes for the other open settings just out in the open, without a plug or something bugs me. I know I won't be seeing it at address but just seems... unfinished for a lack of a better term...

I would assume they aren't plugged as it would be two more screws/plugs to deal with or lose in moving weight.
I don't think dirt should be an issue, not sure you could duff the ground enough to get dirt in there unless you are laying the club head on that portion of it or banging it on the ground.

interesting how the price suddenly matters for PING but not for others

same goes for having one screw to adjust, compare to any PXG product with their billion little screws everywhere

same goes for having one screw to adjust, compare to any PXG product with their billion little screws everywhere

Who said price doesn't matter for others? The price of the G410 line is at the market standard, it seems, for this release season or maybe a little under. That having been said, it's a $80-100 retail price jump from the G400 line and I think that's what draws the attention there. Does this release justify that big of a price jump or is it just to keep with perception and the market? That will be for each person to decide.

Who said price doesn't matter for others? The price of the G410 line is at the market standard, it seems, for this release season or maybe a little under. That having been said, it's a $80-100 retail price jump from the G400 line and I think that's what draws the attention there. Does this release justify that big of a price jump or is it just to keep with perception and the market? That will be for each person to decide.

the sentiment for others seemed to be "that's just how things are these days" whereas with PING the sentiment seems much different in this thread

the sentiment for others seemed to be "that's just how things are these days" whereas with PING the sentiment seems much different in this thread
And I think I explained why that might be the case, being the price jump from 400 to 499 retail and finding justification for it. Hopefully PING is able to get their tech story across well and the product performance is able to speak for itself, regardless of price. But price does matter for every body and basically every thing. Whether they admit that or not is a different story.

To be fair, it is a much larger price hike than some of the other brands relative to where they were.

i disagree with this. price was the biggest point of contention in the cortex thread. price has been discussed in the callaway thread, and the taylormade thread.

for me, the hardest part of the ping price is what seems to be a lack of a tech story. they are 15 years behind their competitors in moveable weight technology, and when they finally offer it their system already feels very antiquated and in no way innovative. there is still no carbon fiber, so their competitors are lapping them in materials. and the shaft options are very limited.

but performance trumps all. the 400 series was outstanding. if they can build on that success (and some early reviews indicate they may have done just that), that is no small feat and the price is more palatable.

i disagree with this. price was the biggest point of contention in the cortex thread. price has been discussed in the callaway thread, and the taylormade thread.

for me, the hardest part of the ping price is what seems to be a lack of a tech story. they are 15 years behind their competitors in moveable weight technology, and when they finally offer it their system already feels very antiquated and in no way innovative. there is still no carbon fiber, so their competitors are lapping them in materials. and the shaft options are very limited.

but performance trumps all. the 400 series was outstanding. if they can build on that success (and some early reviews indicate they may have done just that), that is no small feat and the price is more palatable.

Well said and covered all the major points IMO.
There is nothing earth shattering in this driver, but if they have squeaked out a a few more yards which seems to be the big draw nowadays then hey it works.

I was thinking the exact same thing about the exposed screw holes and dirt and sand getting in there causing some problems if you want to move that weight around down the road.

I like the use of the red as one of the colors. I could see them working sliding weight tech for a future club, this is a good start. Having a club with options to change is a good thing.

they've constantly been a late adopter, but heck their history shows that they don't need to have the flashy bells and whistles. They've sold a ton of drivers in the last couple of releases with zero MWT. I don't mind their implementation of it here, it's done in a very PING kind of way. It's there and mostly concealed. Today I really don't think drivers need that MWT to be successful, G series, G400, XR16 all kind of proved that. But it's there if anyone wants it, and like you said, the early reviews on it(while antiquated), show that it can be beneficial.

they've constantly been a late adopter, but heck their history shows that they don't need to have the flashy bells and whistles. They've sold a ton of drivers in the last couple of releases with zero MWT. I don't mind their implementation of it here, it's done in a very PING kind of way. It's there and mostly concealed. Today I really don't think drivers need that MWT to be successful, G series, G400, XR16 all kind of proved that. But it's there if anyone wants it, and like you said, the early reviews on it(while antiquated), show that it can be beneficial.

Yeah they certainly seem to have the 'Apple' approach in that they implement tech that has already been introduced in their own way and on their own timeline.

I understand the price change raising eyebrows to a point, but when you consider most premium shafts are around $300ish then all the sudden it doesn't seem like that much. Certainly a detractor for some, but personally I don't think it's that big of a deal. From what I can see so far there appears to be a lot to like, but like I stated in my first post in this thread, I absolutely LOVED the G400 and the G400 Max so I'm really interested to get my hands on the G410 once I find them on my island :D.

i agree with all this. i'm not saying a driver has to have mwt to be successful. many don't and work great. but my perception is that they are justifying the heavy bump in price by parading out this new mwt, among other iterative changes.

would 2 plastic 2g plugs make up for 15 years like the rest of the 3-position products out there?

16g movable weight out on the perimeter is more than pretty much anybody else, and 6g more than what was on the Great Big Bertha

In fairness, PXG has reduced the screws and screws you less with the $575 price point.

I'd argue it matters for every company making and selling clubs.

would 2 plastic 2g plugs make up for 15 years like the rest of the 3-position products out there?

16g movable weight out on the perimeter is more than pretty much anybody else, and 6g more than what was on the Great Big Bertha

i honestly have no idea what you're getting at in your first question. but i'm not sure that it matters because i'm not here to argue the merits of tech. i'm here to offer my opinion on perceived value when all i have to go on at this point for this or any other re-release information are pictures and a story. both fall short in my opinion.

can't i just buy weight kits for my existing driver with mwt and save $540? i mean that tongue-in-cheek. well, kinda.

Back