Behind the Scenes at the PGA Show

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Does the PGA Show still matter? What does it take to be a part of it and set up these booths? THP caught up with Dan Murphy, President of Bridgestone Golf, Johnny Rodriguez from Callaway Golf and Nate Adelman from OGIO to discuss all of this and more in this very unique look behind the scenes of the PGA Show.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/behind-scenes-2019-pga-merchandise-show/

Good stuff there for sure. It cool to see the changes year to year, and it’s always interesting to hear from the teams building these and why they do what they do.

I love Dan’s honesty, and his excitement, that’s something I’ve longed to see back involved with Bridgestone for three years now. It’s also allowing me to maybe get excited about them again.

Johnny Rod is a legend, and it can’t be put into a box what he does at the show for Callaway, he’s the best in the business imo. Trying to tip a tank year after year, I mean, who else could do that?

Good to hear Nates excitement on Ogio too, lots of work clearly been done there to get that brand into shape.

Love that Dan Murphy is committed to bringing ball fitting back into focus. Seems like the brand is on the right track, but competition is stronger than ever in the ball space.

Is there anyone you’d rather hang out with at the pit over JRod?? Dude sounds like a blast every time, even when he’s probably dog tired.

Nate did a good job expressing why the show was important to show off where the new company direction is headed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love that Dan Murphy is committed to bringing ball fitting back into focus. Seems like the brand is on the right track, but competition is stronger than ever in the ball space.

Is there anyone you’d rather hang out with at the pit over JRod?? Dude sounds like a blast every time, even when he’s probably dog tired.

Nate did a good job expressing why the show was important to show off where the new company direction is headed.

An engaged, and ball fitting, Bridgestone is a good Bridgestone for us all.

And the fact that they’re going all in on the Big Cat this year....yes!

An engaged, and ball fitting, Bridgestone is a good Bridgestone for us all.

And the fact that they’re going all in on the Big Cat this year....yes!

I agree dude!
That's a big ace to have in your deck. I mean TM is making waves behind a great product and with the RF signing; Tiger moves that needle x 100.

I agree dude!
That's a big ace to have in your deck. I mean TM is making waves behind a great product and with the RF signing; Tiger moves that needle x 100.

And finally @ddec @jb and I cannot be called liars for saying Tiger has played a Bridgestone ball forever (almost 20 years!)

Great video! JB doing the HUGS!!!

Glad to see Dan Murphy back, big things are coming from Bridgestonegolf.

JRod is crazy, but awesome - does he also design the Ogio booth?

Awesome having Ogio there for the relaunch.

Great job Josh. The show is as important to me as ever. So much information in such a relative small space should be a golden opportunity for these companies.

Really glad that Bridgestone is investing time and energy again in ball fitting. Great interviews! I personally think the social media boom has lessened the impact of the PGA Show a little. I still really enjoy following it, but most of what is featured at the show has already been revealed through social media so I believe that lessens the wow factor a bit.

That was great- JB I thought you were going to freak when Dan came in for the hug! And yeah, Johnny Rod is one strange ranger! He's great though, great video....thanks!

How awesome was this? Back stage feel, connecting with some awesome industry folks to talk about the show, what it means for the brands, and how they go about executing.

All three have something to prove IMO. Bridgestone needs to show how serious they are about this market, Callaway has to continue to be grand, and Ogio has a fresh release that the whole world should see. It's fantastic.

Glad everybody enjoyed it. its a look that many do not get to see of the show.

That was a great preview in to the show. Researching a Bridgestone club is what got me involved here so seeing them getting back in the mix has me really hoping they can come back to the point they were before. And I need to meet JRod someday! He seems like a fun guy to hang around.

That was a great preview in to the show. Researching a Bridgestone club is what got me involved here so seeing them getting back in the mix has me really hoping they can come back to the point they were before. And I need to meet JRod someday! He seems like a fun guy to hang around.

Yeah Jrod is a pretty fun guy

Love the preview. It seems there is a lot of genuine excitement about additions being made to lineups this year. Obviously THP has a good reputation and it shows from the interviews. Very relaxed and nothing seemed forced on either side. I’m looking forward to more coverage!

The behind the scenes video is GOLD! Thanks so much JB, IMO, the 2 way communication/interviewing/back and forth brings so much to us, the viewers.

The behind the scenes video is GOLD! Thanks so much JB, IMO, the 2 way communication/interviewing/back and forth brings so much to us, the viewers.

Thanks Jimmy

Thanks to everybody that tuned in. For all of the talk about the show not being as important, we think this shines a different light on it, from a CEO of one company, to the man responsible for creating the biggest booth there. If you haven't watched it, check it out.

Asked to bump this one so here it is.

Back