TaylorMade 19 FlexTech Golf Bag Review

Just a quick update that bags should be shipping towards the end of this month.

Ah! Thank you for the update!

towards the end of the month sounds lovely.....considering its snowing right now haha

Ah. ok I thought it was the crossover 14-way also. So testers just might be a random choice from the whole series to cover all the various models? Either way looking forwards to putting it through its paces.

Ah. ok I thought it was the crossover 14-way also. So testers just might be a random choice from the whole series to cover all the various models? Either way looking forwards to putting it through its paces.

Mentioned it above. That was a boo boo on my part, missed the Crossover part in my haste to get the new thread set up.

Been 5 years since I’ve used a 14 way, could get weird in here with as many clubs as I usually carry for testing.

Look what just showed up! First of all, thank you THP and TaylorMade for the opportunity to review this beautiful golf bag.

I received the FlexTech Lite Model in Siver/Blood Orange.

A few pics to start, just to bump this thread to the top page and then I'll start looking deeper into what the bag offers. I'll be going pocket by pocket seeing how well the gear in my larger cart bag fits, but ask away if you have questions.
elu85r9.jpg

rGW4xpl.jpg

rJYZCJ6.jpg

cf4djLG.jpg

KLoNhrq.jpg

Cool, starting to trickle in!

Oooooh! The Lite!

Eager to see if we end up with a mix of bag designs or they’re all the Lite!

Interesting that you got the lite model. I dig the colors.

Good looking bag there daddio! Look forward to hearing about it.

Nice! Oh man if we’re eligible for the free name panel too, will have some fun with that.

Mentioned it above. That was a boo boo on my part, missed the Crossover part in my haste to get the new thread set up.

Been 5 years since I’ve used a 14 way, could get weird in here with as many clubs as I usually carry for testing.

James - putting aside being able to carry a bunch of extra clubs to test - if you had to pick one style of top, would you go with a 5-way like you showed or a full length 14 dividers? Or do you have a preference?

Nice! Oh man if we’re eligible for the free name panel too, will have some fun with that.
If it's like the last model, you need to provide a receipt. I didn't feel comfortable using that service when I reviewed the last model for THP, after getting the bag for free, so I paid someone to do it for me.

I'm liking the early photos folks. Looks like another great bag. Still love mine, even after approx two years of use.

James - putting aside being able to carry a bunch of extra clubs to test - if you had to pick one style of top, would you go with a 5-way like you showed or a full length 14 dividers? Or do you have a preference?

Of the choices of 4, 5, or 14 way I’m going 5 way all the time. The clubs sit more naturally in the bag.

I'm not James but I'm going answer as well. My current bag is a 4 way top, so I'd say out of your options, the 5 way. I've used 14 dividers in two cart bags and loved them, but not for a carry bag.

I wonder how this would compare in terms of weight with the Ping 4series, all clubs loaded. Looking for a slightly lighter bag (yes even though I know the 4series is supposed to be really light....maybe I should just grab a push cart?)

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I wonder how this would compare in terms of weight with the Ping 4series, all clubs loaded. Looking for a slightly lighter bag (yes even though I know the 4series is supposed to be really light....maybe I should just grab a push cart?)
The previous iteration of this bag works perfectly as a carry and push cart bag.

Following this thread as i've had a ton of issues with my SM 4.5. I did go check out the 2019 flextech crossover (i love 14 way dividers, it soothes my ocd) and although it has a 14 way top it does not have 14 full length dividers. There are dividers along the rows but not the columns (like most other 14 way tops), so 3 full length dividers. The same setup in the supreme cart bag as well. I love how sturdy it is sitting straight up as well as the smooth release system and collapsible base system, seemed real nice.

Looks very light!!!
4.1 lbs, the big box it came in almost felt empty when the FedEx driver handed it to me. I'm about to post some pics of all the stuff I loaded into it and I'll weigh it again full.

Not James but jealous of all those clubs he has on any given day. 14 way has always been my preference.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Unsure what the PING weighs, the FlexTech Lite is 4.1 pounds.

The previous iteration of this bag works perfectly as a carry and push cart bag.
Good to hear. Going to post a pic or two of the bag on my push cart later.

TaylorMade's Description:
---
TaylorMade’s FlexTech bags feature a patented smooth release system and collapsible base system to improve ease of use and prevent club crowding. The FlexTech Lite Stand Bag also includes a new self-adjusting strap, allowing for a stable and comfortable carry.

4-way organizational top
New no-zip rangefinder capsule
Micro-suede lined valuables pocket
Anti-split stand system
Full-length dividers to eliminate club crowding
8 Pockets
4.1 lbs.
---
Bag Tag:
EMBAbOj.jpg

I'm impressed with the quality of this bag. The fabric and stitching seem durable and should be easy to clean. I packed some of the pockets pretty full when seeing what might fit last night and the zippers still worked smoothly. The bag does exactly what it's designed to do. It's easy and comfortable to carry even with all the stuff I loaded it with last night (just shy of 24 extra pounds). The storage and functionality seems well though out.

The simple self adjusting straps look to be a major plus. I typically struggle to get comfortably into back packs and such, zero struggle with this bag. One of my wife's friends dropped by last night along with her teenage daughter. I believe she's a freshman on her school's team, might still be in middle school? She tried my bag and the straps that were fitting me slid automatically to fit her well too. I'm guessing she's 5 foot and and sub 100 lbs, tops. I'm 5'11" 215.

I found another feature that could come in handy. Zippered access to the inside bottom of the bag, something I wish I had on other bags just to clean that area, here it might also work if needing to adjust or unjam legs? (my key is pointing at the black zipper). Pic also shows where I plan to stick my wallet when I game this bag.
HxuuM5K.jpg

Great job on those internal pictures, also that zipper to get into the main cavity will save a lot of headcovers

Mine just showed up. They sent me the FlexTech Lifestyle Bag in Tweed color. It’s a 5 way top and according to the tag it has 11 pockets and is 4.5 lbs. Will most likely get it into play on Friday to start the review. I’ll be curious to see if I can make the switch to 5 way from my usual 14 way top. Also big thanks to FedEx for apparently allowing a grizzly bear to load the box on the truck.

https://www.taylormadegolf.com/Flex...cgid=taylormade-accessories-golfBags#start=2&

Mine just showed up. They sent me the FlexTech Lifestyle Bag in Tweed color. It’s a 5 way top and according to the tag it has 11 pockets and is 4.5 lbs. Will most likely get it into play on Friday to start the review. I’ll be curious to see if I can make the switch to 5 way from my usual 14 way top. Also big thanks to FedEx for apparently allowing a grizzly bear to load the box on the truck.

https://www.taylormadegolf.com/Flex...cgid=taylormade-accessories-golfBags#start=2&

OOH! Lifestyle! AWESOME!

So the assortment is real. That is very exciting IMO.

My Sun Mountain SYNC cart bag is actually a fairly large 15 way top, 14 + putter well, so going to the TayloMade FlexTech Lite 4 way I removed the extra shafts I'd been carrying. As expected my 14 clubs fit the 4 way system a bit tighter. There is some grip snagging and such that I'm not used to but to be fair I've always gamed 14 way bags. FWIW I use MCC+4 standard grips and my #7S putter has a Super Stroke Flatso 2.0 grip. I moved my PW and 7i after taking this pic and divided my clubs as such: Putter + 3 CBX wedges in large bottom section, PW, 9i, 8i in section two, 7i, 6i, 4i in section three, GAPR, Hybrid, 3W, Driver, alignment stick in top larger section.

wZoyMj0.jpg

yS01PwX.jpg

Due to fewer pockets I had to combine the contents of my SYNC ball and glove pockets into the ball pocket (the one available to customize) on the FlexTech. There is room for another 1/2 dozen or so balls in there if I chose to really fill it. The sharpie isn't in that pocket as there is a dedicated spot for it on the outside of the bag. Also I left the Cobra wrench out as I don't currently carry an adjustable Cobra offering.
6TwnnZK.jpg

sZaj2Kg.jpg

This is where I believe range finder is supposed to go, (or possibly the orange zipperless slot near it)? They advertise it as being easily accessible when carrying. Since I usually only pull my laser a few times a round, and I don't want it easily stolen, I zipped mine in the valuables pocket, up on the opposite side of the bag, instead.
Zh5Llqw.jpg

I carried all this in my 'data pocket' on my SYNC. An SC200 Launch Monitor, notebook, extra set of batteries, a block to help capture wedge shots, and a clamp to secure notebook to bag or push cart on windy days. I won't be carrying the clamp in the FlexTech and the notebook could only stow in the large zippered pocket (where keys wallet and stuff to follow is also stowed).
kAEv2Gt.jpg

The SC200, batteries etc... fit OK in this zippered pocket.
8nkz41D.jpg

Contents of my 'pharmacy pocket' along with snacks from my old insulated pocket that would've also held a gatorade and a water bottle in my SYNC. I had incorporate and reduce the contents to fit just the stuff shown into the pocket above the ball pocket.
gqfQXZk.jpg

Cold weather, extra towels etc... from the SYNC. I knew the rain gear wouldn't fit so I didn't even include it. When I tried to fit the stuff shown into the open side pocket shown, even that was too much so I axed the Callaway hat and one of the towels.
t7HQ8Nj.jpg

My SYNC cart bag wasn't packed full, never the less here is some of the stuff I left out of the FlexTech. Gotta keep in mind that they are different bags with different purposes though.
3LoYJDs.jpg

Ready to roll at 27.9lbs and still very comfortable to carry.
k11Dqfp.jpg

Back