TaylorMade 19 FlexTech Golf Bag Review

under 28 lbs is pretty good for all that stuff IMO. No water bottle pocket though?

under 28 lbs is pretty good for all that stuff IMO. No water bottle pocket though?

Maybe that's where I had the laser in that pic? There were two zipperless spots there?

EDIT - just checked, that camelbak bottle slides right in there. Good catch Dean.

Last edited:
Very cool to see these coming in. Looking forward to seeing what I get. Am looking forward to this. Nice initial pics/thoughts Daddio.

Bejesus you carry so much "stuff". With the 5 top I go looking down at it
bottom left: putter (mallet style)
bottom right: 60, 56, 52
Middle left: PW, 9, 8
Middle right: 7, 6, 5
Big bucket: 4h, 3h, 3wood & driver

Love the colour scheme on that bag Daddio.
Already thinking of picking one up so looking forward to heading more on it.

Good job getting this thread going boys!

Excited to see what the stand bag roulette delivers to me today or tomorrow!

Bejesus you carry so much "stuff". With the 5 top I go looking down at it
bottom left: putter (mallet style)
bottom right: 60, 56, 52
Middle left: PW, 9, 8
Middle right: 7, 6, 5
Big bucket: 4h, 3h, 3wood & driver
Yup way too much for now. I knew there were several in here with the SYNC bag so I was trying to do a storage comparison. If I was someone who carried frequently (ever) I'd really need to cut down on what I was lugging around. As it is I'm going to offload some of that stuff while I review the bag. I took it to the range yesterday and struggled to get gear I used back into the pockets without first emptying stuff from adjoining pockets.
Love the colour scheme on that bag Daddio.
Already thinking of picking one up so looking forward to heading more on it.
Thanks, I think the colors pop too. I'll try to get you some outdoor pics as there's a chance the sun might actually peak out today. Been way too long.

Of the choices of 4, 5, or 14 way I’m going 5 way all the time. The clubs sit more naturally in the bag.

I'm not James but I'm going answer as well. My current bag is a 4 way top, so I'd say out of your options, the 5 way. I've used 14 dividers in two cart bags and loved them, but not for a carry bag.

I've never actually had a carry bag - And if I did I would be using it as a bag on my clicgear, so not sure what I'd want. I like the idea of a bag that I can take off the cart & use on the range with the legs. Thanks for the input here.

A couple days ago I took the FlexTech Lite out to the course I hoped might be starting to dry out better than most around here. Really hoped the sun would peak out too so I could get some nicer pics. No luck either way, the course was saturated and still needed some sleet/slush to melt in shady spots, and I've yet to see the silver/blood orange combo in actual sun light. I did grab a few pics on how it fit on my pull cart and a riding cart but loaded my old bag onto the push cart to go play. Didn't want to mud up the FlexTech before I even got any sunny pics.

The bag sits securely on my Caddytek push cart. The top bag holder is designed with a notch to accommodate stand bags and it works well.
pWcXbVB.jpg

Light and nimble. Nothing wobbles. I am worried the clamping system and bungees might discolor or wear the light colored fabric on my FlexTech though> Also, I have to get used to my clubs being 'backwards' versus my cart bag. Used to my wedges and putters being 'out' versus the metal woods.
LM110jr.jpg

3achAEG.jpg

The FlexTech Lite does not fit all that great on a driving cart IMO. Very loose, it would slide and bounce around too much even though I cinched it as tightly as I dared for fear of possibly damaging the retractable stand system. For that reason it won't be my normal gamer bag because I still have to ride about half my rounds. I just play too many courses and some will not even allow walkers.
6w8GBlE.jpg

vqFGbQg.jpg

I feel very guilty this isn't being reviewed by someone who'll eventually game it so I'll be passing this one forward when I'm finished reviewing it. But honestly when I applied for the opportunity to review this one I believed it to be a different FlexTech model. One designed to also ride with riding strap pass throughs and other features I require in a bag.

Good feedback Daddio.

Welcome to the world of reviews haha, sometimes something doesn’t fit or mesh with what you want, but it’s the realization you can still give some really quality feedback like you have thus far that makes it fun.

The bag sits securely on my Caddytek push cart. The top bag holder is designed with a notch to accommodate stand bags and it works well.
Light and nimble. Nothing wobbles. I am worried the clamping system and bungees might discolor or wear the light colored fabric on my FlexTech though
The FlexTech Lite does not fit all that great on a driving cart IMO. Very loose, it would slide and bounce around too much even though I cinched it as tightly as I dared for fear of possibly damaging the retractable stand system.
Like you, I also have a Caddytek push cart. I'm now quite interested to see which version of the bag I'll receive so I can compare to your experience here. I'm also very interested in how it goes on a driving cart as there are times when it's just too hot or too hilly here in Tucson to walk.
Guess I'm just going to have to wait as nothing has arrived here yet...

Good Feedback, Although you may not be loving the bag as you ride and trolley more than I do, it gives me a great idea of how it would be for me from a carrying perspective. :)
Pictures are good too!!

Great feed back. Such a clean looking bag. Look forward to seeing more of this from the other testers

@daddio that had some really solid feedback. Seems like it sits on that push cart just fine. I like how you mentioned the backwards part, as someone who has gone through their share of bags in the last 5-6 years, I had two bags that sat on my cart just fine, and then when I switched back to a stand bag, I had to go with the same thought process, it was backwards. I did get over it though because I love a bag that I can carry or push with little fuss.

Good feedback Daddio.

Welcome to the world of reviews haha, sometimes something doesn’t fit or mesh with what you want, but it’s the realization you can still give some really quality feedback like you have thus far that makes it fun.

lol aint that the truth? It's not always about how the product fits you, but whether or not it does what it is aimed to do.

How is the club tangle with this bag, anywhere near as bad as the Hoofer?

Got mine this evening! I got the all black. It is BAD TO THE BONE. See pics below. Initial thoughts right out of the gate after handling it for a few:

LIGHT WEIGHT - you can read that something is light weight. But until you feel it, it doesn't quite compute. This puppy is LIGHT.

DURABLE - It seems suprisingly durable, especially to be so light weight. The entire bag, especially the stand and legs, feels very sturdy.

SLEEK - the bag looks cool overall regardless of color scheme. But this all black is sharp and sleek.

Attachments

• 20190225_182104_resized.jpg
    20190225_182104_resized.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20190225_182111_resized.jpg
    20190225_182111_resized.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20190225_182129_resized.jpg
    20190225_182129_resized.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 7
  • 20190225_182141_resized.jpg
    20190225_182141_resized.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 7
Nice dude!

I’m loving the assortment going on in here!

Very nice. Love the all black, looks awesome.

Very cool to see these coming in. Looking forward to seeing what I get. Am looking forward to this. Nice initial pics/thoughts Daddio.

This showed up on my doorstep tonight and I love it!
Only have time tonight for the one photo, but more will follow in the coming days.

Notice there are 2 boxes in the photo? That's because the TMAG shipping dept. put 2 labels on one of the boxes. One label had my name and address on it and Fedex decided I needed 2 bags to try out.
The second label along with the corresponding packing slip inside, says it was supposed to go to J. Juker in Lake Stevens.
That's you right Checkered ? I'll get in touch with JB and figure out how to handle this and get your bag to you.

Golf bag1.jpg

This showed up on my doorstep tonight and I love it!
Only have time tonight for the one photo, but more will follow in the coming days.

Notice there are 2 boxes in the photo? That's because the TMAG shipping dept. put 2 labels on one of the boxes. One label had my name and address on it and Fedex decided I needed 2 bags to try out.
The second label along with the corresponding packing slip inside, says it was supposed to go to J. Juker in Lake Stevens.
That's you right Checkered ? I'll get in touch with JB and figure out how to handle this and get your bag to you.

View attachment 37834

Haha DOH! Yup, that's me. So close, yet so far. LOL

I opened the box to see what the packing slip said, and it had your name on it.
Wanna know what color of bag was inside, or do you want to wait?

Mine just showed up. They sent me the FlexTech Lifestyle Bag in Tweed color. It’s a 5 way top and according to the tag it has 11 pockets and is 4.5 lbs. Will most likely get it into play on Friday to start the review. I’ll be curious to see if I can make the switch to 5 way from my usual 14 way top. Also big thanks to FedEx for apparently allowing a grizzly bear to load the box on the truck.

https://www.taylormadegolf.com/Flex...cgid=taylormade-accessories-golfBags#start=2&

Any pics yet Clark? Bet she’s a beaut, eh?

I opened the box to see what the packing slip said, and it had your name on it.
Wanna know what color of bag was inside, or do you want to wait?

gah, I am anxious to know, but I want it to be a surprise when I open it up. Only bummed you get to know before i do hahaha.

Any pics yet Clark? Bet she’s a beaut, eh?
Here’s a few initial photos, Really like the old school logo. I’ll have to get some real close ups, you can’t really make out the tweed color in these.

8F74C90E-99E4-44DB-B0A4-1E849378C2E3.jpegEDE9AF6E-7409-4A48-BA25-6B25CACF1C6F.jpeg8A04ABCD-9BB8-4539-9BCF-2C2D06F10198.jpegAEEC2E7C-E3EA-4D4A-896A-B057FB179BFB.jpeg

No box showed up for me yet. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas to finally arrive, lol. Hopefully something soon.

Back