TaylorMade 19 FlexTech Golf Bag Review

IMG_3030.jpgIMG_3031.jpgIMG_3032.jpg

I had time for more pictures this evening.
Things I really like so far with this bag.
1. It's light...really light. Only 4.5 pounds.
2. The ring pulls on the zippers. I really like these.
3. Pockets, pockets, pockets....11 of them.
4. The full length dividers so the clubs don't bind up so much.
5. The styling...this thing just looks good !

Looking forward to getting the clubs moved into this little beauty this weekend.
Now if we could just get rid of the snow and let me get out on the course with it !

Ok then, now for some closer photos to show the tweed color a bit better. There are bits of blue as well you can see when you get closer.

Some other initial thoughts.
* as others state the pull rings are nice and make it much easier to open.
* white interior pockets......while easier to find items, will get pretty dirty quickly
* plenty of pockets, some feel a bit tight. They are fairly deep, but some will only fit thin items otherwise be bulky.
* The 79’ logo, I believe it’s the year they started their first metal wood ?
* the back pads are very thick compared to others I’ve tried.
* The dividers are only horizontal, so each dual section is only separated by the top divider piece a few inches, then it’s all open.
* the pass though for the cart is great so I have easy access to the pockets on that side.
* drink pocket is nice and deep.
* on the inside of the full length side pocket, there is an internal mesh pouch as well that holds the rain shield, which is a handy feature.

FB1EC7FD-5F92-4FBF-B117-9BF07AFE7FED.jpeg1EA2D324-12C1-4B2E-8B8A-92C11A71484D.jpeg6FF5A7A4-1683-4AE2-967C-647621C6E686.jpeg1D1DA712-AF35-423E-9421-D5BF54E5E6ED.jpeg514D3FB0-7C4B-4A57-B4B0-2D74ED5871B0.jpeg97152562-AB56-4E75-B589-BF0AF8DDDA46.jpegB369AC2D-F8E8-4B92-B059-24C8442D8D82.jpeg1BACF9ED-A396-4576-97DA-F5B517513063.jpegFCD681BC-BC0B-4A3B-B7D5-FCF1504AAB97.jpeg65C24169-8D25-4148-B155-2AC4DB436452.jpeg

Liking the looks of the different models received so far. Some great pics and initial thoughts so far.

14 way in the house!

Pics soon with the new camera!

Loaded up and straight to the course today.

As I said, HQ pics this weekend, but in the meantime here are a couple iPhone pics of the Lifestyle Crossover I’ll be working with.

4560b84f939ec9a51c19580541eb3398.jpg

3c2f71bf03099003b750dbfd8b362818.jpg

fc46cbe6381ee0992d02145cb287a02b.jpg

1c5ff2d3f9e4147997c788b07d2a8dbd.jpg

Will get some better shots this weekend for you all. But mine arrived last night in the Lifestyle Tweed color. Excited to check it out a bit more and shift my clubs over from my Sun mountain to this one.

36227931bfbee5cb606cdbc919425e22.jpg

db0ff6721562974e28f9ecfec5fd2308.jpg

65862b984b6b5e3bdf5877f4b4f66130.jpg

9b5550ebb4707e847288e90e9243a4d6.jpg

@ddec wait until you start finding all the pockets, holy hell.

Loaded up and straight to the course today.

As I said, HQ pics this weekend, but in the meantime here are a couple iPhone pics of the Lifestyle Crossover I’ll be working with.

4560b84f939ec9a51c19580541eb3398.jpg

3c2f71bf03099003b750dbfd8b362818.jpg

fc46cbe6381ee0992d02145cb287a02b.jpg

1c5ff2d3f9e4147997c788b07d2a8dbd.jpg

How do you choose where everything goes?

How do you choose where everything goes?

Same as every other stand bag for me. Wedges on bottom, work up from there.

Putter is in the middle of the top row. I'll snap a pic today.

@ddec wait until you start finding all the pockets, holy hell.

Yea from what I saw in store for the crossover there was a ridiculous amount of pockets. Which is great.

Well, that's 7 of the 8 bags accounted for (even though checkered's bag went to the wrong location). Apparently I must be on TM's naughty list as I received a FedEx shipping notice this morning that said: "Ship date: Pending" with a scheduled delivery date of 3/6. Sigh...

Well, that's 7 of the 8 bags accounted for (even though checkered's bag went to the wrong location). Apparently I must be on TM's naughty list as I received a FedEx shipping notice this morning that said: "Ship date: Pending" with a scheduled delivery date of 3/6. Sigh...

Yours is scheduled for delivery today.

I love that retro TM logo. Every pic I see I like it more and more.

yeah I'm a fan of the retro look.

Same.

I will say, I notice the weight of the 14-way, but I'm going to get out and walk with it today to see for sure.

All loaded up in the new bag for league tonight. I found a few other surprises after dumping all the cardboard from the pockets.

In the long side pocket aside from the hood pouch, there is another slot pouch and hook on the upper interior. There is also a somewhat long internal zipper that turned out to be a pass through into the bag itself where you can access the clubs. Not sure what the intent of that is, maybe to reach a dropped ball inside the bag?

Not sure how I’ll get along with a 5 way, but I’ll have some more feedback later tonight.

Put it through its first paces last night and a few more thoughts.

First off it definitely feels quite light, and the straps were comfortable. However, coming from a 14-way the 5 way dividers only going horizontally were quite a bit of a pain while it was standing on its legs. Lots clubs of getting crossed up and spent more time searching for clubs than I’m used to, probably just muscle memory though. I can see how if you carry extra clubs for testing regularly this might be beneficial.

The flex bottom is nice, better than having the mechanism externally, so there is nothing to catch on, but once it was loaded up with clubs it would no longer stand vertically on its on, which is something I was hoping it would still do. I’ll have to add a bit more weight in the lower pockets and see if this resolves itself.

First off it definitely feels quite light, and the straps were comfortable. However, coming from a 14-way the 5 way dividers only going horizontally were quite a bit of a pain while it was standing on its legs. Lots clubs of getting crossed up and spent more time searching for clubs than I’m used to, probably just muscle memory though. I can see how if you carry extra clubs for testing regularly this might be beneficial.

The flex bottom is nice, better than having the mechanism externally, so there is nothing to catch on, but once it was loaded up with clubs it would no longer stand vertically on its on, which is something I was hoping it would still do. I’ll have to add a bit more weight in the lower pockets and see if this resolves itself.

Do you mean there was a lot of club tangling with this when you say crossed up?

Clark, when you carried did you by chance notice the legs being loose when it was on your back?

Yeah, at least that’s what I saw as well a bit yesterday.

Yes, because the 5 way is really a 3 way divider with a 5 section cap. So a club could have its head on one side and the grip could glide all the way to the other side, other clubs were getting in the way.

Clark, when you carried did you by chance notice the legs being loose when it was on your back?

I didn’t notice this, I think that is a function of storage position. If you store your bag in the stand out position rather than say, a club rack against the wall it wears out the hinge mechanism over time. My Sun mountain has this issue because I store it in the stand position. Luckily that has a bungee mechanism to at least hold them when not needed

Last edited:

Yeah, at least that’s what I saw as well a bit yesterday.

Carried to and around the range and short game area, not a full round. I didn't notice any problems with the legs when on its back. But I too had a bit of club tangling. Nothing any worse than I've experienced with other bags with 4 or 5 way dividers, but it was something of note. Personal note - I love the personal items pocket. As a guy that's lost not one but two sets of keys on the course before, I'm a fan of this.

Able to get outside and snap some photos this weekend. There are a couple of small things that I really like about this bag just by taking a quick tour around it. Will throw up some pics and follow up with those thoughts.

i-vBDsXk5-XL.jpg

i-Z9tMmGP-XL.jpg

i-njtQ8JM-XL.jpg

i-PpXpsLZ-XL.jpg

i-NCGRrNV-XL.jpg

i-ttLtDXk-XL.jpg

i-wPcXrtR-XL.jpg

i-swnBhzq-XL.jpg

i-7XkrQz3-XL.jpg

i-xBmmkFH-XL.jpg

Back