TaylorMade 19 FlexTech Golf Bag Review

Well, my home course opened the driving range on Saturday, so I got a chance to put the bag on the cart and take it to the range.
I do like the arrangement I have the clubs in the bag. The bag stayed on securely with the strap going through the handle.
No issues with the legs on the cart as I have had with past bags. So far, I think this bag is a winner!

Yes, the driving range is a lake. Yes, it is still frozen over. If you look closely(I know it's tough), you will see approximately 12,000 balls on the ice.
My pro told me that when they run through their total of 25,000 balls, they will close the range till the ice melts and they can pick up all of those floating balls with the boat.
I hate floating balls, but that's what we have.

Come on Summer !!

IMG_3059.jpg IMG_3060.jpg

Well, my home course opened the driving range on Saturday, so I got a chance to put the bag on the cart and take it to the range.
I do like the arrangement I have the clubs in the bag. The bag stayed on securely with the strap going through the handle.
No issues with the legs on the cart as I have had with past bags. So far, I think this bag is a winner!

Yes, the driving range is a lake. Yes, it is still frozen over. If you look closely(I know it's tough), you will see approximately 12,000 balls on the ice.
My pro told me that when they run through their total of 25,000 balls, they will close the range till the ice melts and they can pick up all of those floating balls with the boat.
I hate floating balls, but that's what we have.

Come on Summer !!

View attachment 38386 View attachment 38387

Floating golf balls? Seriously what's the point? They don't go nearly as far do they? Not sure I've ever seen that before

Awesome on the reviews guys.....clean bags for sure.

Dug out my older 5 top version of this bag and much prefer it to my callaway lightweight 4 top.

I know its an older version but the layout is very similar up top

Floating golf balls? Seriously what's the point? They don't go nearly as far do they? Not sure I've ever seen that before

No, they don't fly quite as far. I'm not sure of the full reasoning behind a driving range lake. I do know they use it partly for irrigation purposes, but I really should ask why they did it that way...maybe land constraints?

I continue to try to get comfortable and familiar with the Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle bag. I am being able to pick it up better, but still feel awkward with picking it up with my right hand first. I am impressed how little trouble I have with the clubs catching on each other. I remember with my first bag fighting both getting clubs out and putting them back in far more than I do with this bag. More often than not I have no trouble either way with this one, which has honestly been surprising to me. I feel like I could put several more clubs in without trouble, which is kind of nice (though really unnecessary).

I've been playing with the pockets and trying to sort how I want to store things. I'm still not convinced I have things in the pockets the will ultimately end up in. I have to say the zippers feel smooth and well sewn in. I've pulled quite hard on the zippers and they open smoothly and feel really sturdy. The extra cord loops on the zippers is really a nice feature to me. I hope they hold up. I have not seen any looseness with the legs, and the mechanism to move them in and out seems sturdy for me so far.

I feel like the big main pocket and the pocket right above it with the circlular zipper (shown below) are too close to each other.
Pockets.jpg

It feels awkward to me to open the smaller pocket. In fact, the smaller pocket is just really awkward overall to me. I'm not sure what it's intended to be used for, and I can't figure anything very functional to use it for as it's awkward to get into and get anything out of. For now, I've just put my wrench in there. What is it intended for???

So, overall still pretty impressed with the bag so far, though I'm still very much in the honeymoon phase with it.

I can see people using that pocket for tees etc. but the zip is an odd shape. Do you think it would work better if it just went straight across rather than a U??

Played Sunday. Same experiences as reported by myself previously, as well as similar to other testers. Very light, very comfortable, which I love. But do experience what I'd call an "average" amount of club tangling. If you can live with some club tangling during your round, then you'd love this bag. That's really the only consistent issue I see with it.

I have some thoughts on this bag after using it last weekend, including carrying it to and from the course a couple of times and carrying down 18 once(silly cart path only). Need to just get them in some sort of order and will throw them out.

OK some thoughts....

Just like when traveling with the previous version, I kind of had to turn this one sideways in my travel bag. The top of the bag buldges a bit in the my travel case, so to potentially relieve pressure on that spot, I flip it sideways. No big deal, I did that with the previous version too.

I had 16-17 clubs in the bag on this trip, and didn't really have any serious tangeling issues. It wasn't always smooth, but that's because the bag was jam-packed.

Carrying it a few times, the one leg did not always hug the side of the bag tightly. That was a little curious to me, as the previous bag that was not an issue. I'm not going to say it caused any problems, but it was a noticeable.

Pockets. Man I wish they didn't kill off two of my favorite pockets, but they did. It just forced me to re-organize my stuff.

The cart strap slot I feel is a touch too high when riding on the passenger side. The strap goes in at a good spot, but almost feels like it has to ride up insead of staying level. Regaurdless it does it's job of keep the bag from sliding all over the damn place, and frankly I thought it worked a bit better when being on the driver side.

Weight wise, even when overloaded with balls and clubs, it was a comfortable carry. I like the extra padding on the hip area.

I've been playing with the pockets and trying to sort how I want to store things. I'm still not convinced I have things in the pockets the will ultimately end up in.
You are expressing exactly what I've been feeling with my own bag. Trying to figure out/decide what goes where and wondering if there is a better organizational strategy than what I have come up with.
I feel like the big main pocket and the pocket right above it with the circlular zipper (photo in original post) are too close to each other. It feels awkward to me to open the smaller pocket. In fact, the smaller pocket is just really awkward overall to me. I'm not sure what it's intended to be used for, and I can't figure anything very functional to use it for as it's awkward to get into and get anything out of. For now, I've just put my wrench in there. What is it intended for???
For now I'm using the smaller pocket (with the circular zipper) to hold loose/used balls. I keep new balls in the larger pocket below. If I want to change balls or need to reload I prefer to make a quick change without having to go through a whole slew of packaging or what not. I only keep a few balls in the smaller pocket intended for use that round.
If I didn't use it in that way I like your idea of putting my driver wrench in there as I don't use it much at all. I found a smaller pocket on the left side of the bag for my wrench at the moment...

I can see people using that pocket for tees etc. but the zip is an odd shape. Do you think it would work better if it just went straight across rather than a U??

Honestly the shape more just makes it odd for me on how to use it. Seems too deep for tees or balls to be easily pulled out of, but not big enough for a whole lot. The zippers just being so close is awkward to me when unzipping either pocket.

I’m using the round pocket for loose golf balls also. Full packs below in the larger pouch.

I know we sent out a bunch of these. Would love to see some feedback from people.
Thanks.

I got my first round in with the bag yesterday. Was a new course so i rode, and didnt get to test some things i had hoped to. That said, i do have some thoughts from the round.

I would rearrange my clubs when i ride to swap my wedges and putter with my woods and hybrid. I got by with it but it was awkward with it putting the woods closer to me. Minor annoyance, and easily changed knowing what i know.

The lower side pockets were a little hard to reach in the cart. They just sit far enough down it was a little awkward. Otherwise, i was pretty happy with the pockets and how i ended up with things laid out in them.

The strap slot is nice, but very easy to miss that it exists.

I really appreciated how light the bag is at the end of the round loading up. After a long round, it was kind of nice how easy it was to get off the cart and loaded back in the car with as light as it is. Was very cool.

I had a bit more tangling with the clubs sitting fully upright in the cart than i have had carrying and using it as the stand bag it is. Somewhat expected, and only one time did it frustrate me much as i put my driver back in. I adjusted the other clubs and got it back in fairly easily.

I wish it had one more ring to hang things from. I would like to separate my towel from my rangefinder, just so the towel isnt in the way when i try to grab the rangefinder. Nitpicky, but something i felt.

Overall, it has taken a little adjustment, but it works out well for me. I think carrying or on my push cart, i wouldnt have as much concern. Time will tell though.

2 more rounds in the books with the bag and results are overall still pretty good. A few minor issues continue to pop up but are more personal than deal breakers. While the pockets overall are great and that little curved top pocket is useful, it’s hard to tell whether or not it’s zipped. The flap closes so tight I’ve forgotten to go zip it a few times. It will probably break in as the season goes on.

The legs definitely aren’t as sturdy as my sun mountain is when engaged. I’ve had one or both legs get bumped out a couple times where I’ve had to catch the bag when not on a grass surface. The look of the bag is definitely top notch and have gotten a few compliments from others.

As stated before I just don’t see myself getting along with the 5 way top as my full time bag, I’m already the slow guy in my group and searching for a club or tangles aren’t going to speed me up. This will probably be passed on to my dad once the review is complete, since his current bag is probably 20+ years old and I’m sure he’ll be thrilled with it.

Out for its first course carry test.

f753dfae23cd250b45da120048089e47.jpg

75ec271368aec5f0cceb2cdbccf1dfc3.jpg

OK first real on course carry test and I must say it went better than I expected. I had previously mentioned how I experienced a bit of a loose leg when carrying the bag around in SC, but that didn't really pop up(or out) today. The bag was loaded more with what I would consider a normal load, with the exception it didn't have too many balls in it, probably less than a dozen. It took be a bit to get this properly balanced, in fact, I spent the first 2 holes really trying to find that comfort spot. Once I did, it was pretty comfortable. I would say the straps are slightly above average for me, nothing great, but nothing to really detract from the bag. No clue why, but for some odd reason I had some issues of not being able to quickly find the left shoulder strap. Similar to the older style, the waterbottle pocket is absolutely fantastic. I know that seems like a very small detail, but as one who always carries a bottle, it's one I count on. In fact, it's one area of my SM Three5 that I think it lacks. On this bag, perfect location for me to slip the bottle in and out while in stride, and easily holds the RTIC bottle that is my current go-to choice.

There are some things I would change or tweak about this bag. One bing I want that little side pocket back that was PERFECT for my spray on sunscreen. The other, I wish the pocket above the ball pouch wasn't a zipper and was magnetic instead. Personal preference on that one. I'd also add a bit of a bitt rubber foot at the bottom of the legs.

anyone have any questions or concerns about these bags?

I have been dealing with sickness in the household so havent been out to play again. I have been carrying it around and playing with the pockets and zippers. I feel pretty comfortable where i have most things stored and feel like when carrying, it sets up nicely for access to the pockets nuch more so than riding.

I havent had to adjust the straps much to feel comfortable, but i do still struggly getting the left strap to get it on my left shoulder. I hope i get better with it.

The lightness of the bag still surprises me. I have never had a good lightweight bag before. This may be pretty normal for this type of bag, but coming from the c130 it is just really nice.

I fully expected far more club tangling than i experience. It continues to not be an issue for me most of the time, which i appreciate. It has made the transition from the 14 way divider less painful to me.

So I've had a chance to use this bag for a few weeks during league. I've been walking each week with the bag on my CaddyTek push cart. I must say the combination works really well as the bag is very lightweight and fits on the cart extremely well. As others have already mentioned I'm still getting used to the 5-way top and club organization. I think I've settled in with where I like the clubs in each section but still find an occasional binding when taking a club out or returning a club to the bag.

By accident I gave the whole setup a "bath test" yesterday. I was playing out of a green side bunker and started walking to the green after my shot. Winds were gusting and I had forgot to set the brake on my cart. Next thing I knew the cart was rolling straight for the pond next to the green! One of my playing partners was able to get to it just as it went into the water. Needless to say it was a gut wrenching experience to see my whole rig being pulled out of the water. Fortunately only thing lost were a few balls but now I'm learning the best way to dry the bag out. Hopefully no lingering effects, lol.

Before my round I happened to spot a "pocket" I hadn't seen previously. Anyone have a good use for this pocket?
20190410_110445.jpg

So I've had a chance to use this bag for a few weeks during league. I've been walking each week with the bag on my CaddyTek push cart. I must say the combination works really well as the bag is very lightweight and fits on the cart extremely well. As others have already mentioned I'm still getting used to the 5-way top and club organization. I think I've settled in with where I like the clubs in each section but still find an occasional binding when taking a club out or returning a club to the bag.

By accident I gave the whole setup a "bath test" yesterday. I was playing out of a green side bunker and started walking to the green after my shot. Winds were gusting and I had forgot to set the brake on my cart. Next thing I knew the cart was rolling straight for the pond next to the green! One of my playing partners was able to get to it just as it went into the water. Needless to say it was a gut wrenching experience to see my whole rig being pulled out of the water. Fortunately only thing lost were a few balls but now I'm learning the best way to dry the bag out. Hopefully no lingering effects, lol.

Before my round I happened to spot a "pocket" I hadn't seen previously. Anyone have a good use for this pocket?
View attachment 38685
Oh man that sucks it went in the water. Have had that happen before, the feeling sucks.

I use that pocket for a sharpie to mark my balls.

Any more updates on these? These look great

Last edited:
So there were 6 reviewers for these:

Kevin81002
emart2173
Go4it
deuce
JayB
TSauer

Any updates on these?

When did they get selected? I thought the reviewers were listed below?

d5e0b2fd840d8d5b903a2458ea58afea.jpg

Alez....mistaken

Back