TaylorMade 19 FlexTech Golf Bag Review

All good. Saw the list and was about to to text Kevin to see what’s up with the review.

Haha.. Brian sent me a text asking about it. Stand up dude looking out for the community.

And for the record, I still have, and still use on occasion my '18 Flextech bag I reviewed last year. One of the more versatile stand bags I've used.

Testers on the '19 bags... the only real problem with last year's model was the occasional club snag due to using larger than regular size grips. Is the '19 bag better in this department?

Last edited:
I have a 18 FlexTech....I do like it.

One thing I like....and really havnt noticed on other bags....not sure if they do it or not...its the padding on the side when you pull it over your shoulders it pads between bag and back.

Changed all my grips over to midsize + and I had to do some major rearranging to get everything settled. Moved putter to the top along with driver,3w, hybrid. 4-9 in the middle pockets and 4 wedges in the bottom rung. Hopefully, will get this setup on the cart in the next week or so for some more thoughts.

One thing I like....and really havnt noticed on other bags....not sure if they do it or not...its the padding on the side when you pull it over your shoulders it pads between bag and back.
Short answer is yes, these bags have some nice padding between bag and back as you describe. I'll try to grab a quick pic or two and post later.

I've been sick for coming up on a week, so haven't been able to do much I apologize. Should be back at it here in the next day or two.

I was able to get out and play some carrying my Taylormade 19 FlexTech Lifestyle bag. Since I have never carried before, I went to a local 9 hole par 3 course and played it twice to gauge how I'd do carrying. I was pleased with how comfortable the bag felt when using both straps. It felt decently balanced, though not perfect, and comfortable on my shoulders, and back. I learned today I am not ready to carry for a normal 18. While the bag was comfortable, I'm not in good enough shape to handle carrying for a full 18 (which is pathetic, but that's a different story).

I had one time I struggled to get a club back into the bag. I have been really happy with how little trouble I have with that coming from a 14 way divider. I did struggle a little putting clubs back in the right place, which at one point led me to be scared I'd left a club on a hole. I have just found it easy to think I've put a club in one slot, and have actually put it in a different one. Not a huge deal, but something I'll have to be better about paying more attention about, just for the sake of not stressing myself out. I'm happy with the how little I've struggled with adjusting from having a 14 way divider.

The overall lightness of the bag continues to be something that impresses me. I fully expected to have the weight give me troubles much sooner than it did. I was pleasantly surprised.

I still struggle with getting the straps back on. Getting my left arm into the strap after I have the right one just sometimes proves awkward to me still which is a bit frustrating. Several times for shorter distances between holes, I just through the right strap on and carried it against my side. Carrying it like this isn't as comfortable, but still not horrible. It works well enough for shorter distances, but I couldn't do it for very long.

I'm finding I don't use the pockets much through a round, other than the big pocket for the balls, more just at the beginning and end of the round for like my phone and keys. With that, I'm finding how I put things in the pockets doesn't matter as much to me as I expected. That said the storage in the pockets is plentiful and I'm still not using all the pockets and have everything I'm needing in the bag.

So far, for me, the legs have just functioned as expected and I don't really have much to say about them except they seem to work well and I don't notice them when carrying. I suppose that is a good thing. All in all, I continue to be impressed by the bag. Through use so far it has proven functional an well made. It feels like it will prove to be durable, but I want to give it more time.

If there are any questions about the bag or anything you'd like to know more about, please ask. Thank you!

@checkered I'm the same way with the left arm strap. Sometimes it's there and it's easy/normal, but other times I'm like WTF is going on here? I carried two rounds the last few days and will throw up some more thoughts.

I think I've said it in here are few times, but I only have a few minor issues with this bag.

1)Like Checkered was just saying, sometimes that left strap seems like it has gone MIA when I need it. Not a huge deal, but an annoyance at time.
2)Still dislike that they removed two of my favorite pockets from the previous version, although the pockets that are here are pretty well thought out and work just fine.
3)The feet need to be a bit wider and offer more grip. Also there are times it feels like the legs are loose from the bag, but when I check, they are not. Perhaps I just need more weight in the bag. Side note, I wish there was a strap at the bottom to secure them at times they are not in use.

Now outside of those, I really like this bag, and honestly, those things aren't enough to make me rush back to my normal Sun Mountain Three5. Even if I do go that way, it's out of familiarity and comfort as opposed to anything wrong with this setup. I have no real club tangling issues and it works really well as a hybrid style bag. Cart performance is stellar for a stand bag, and carrying it for rounds is no big deal. Also, the lifestyle patterns are just freaking cool.

Just like before, if there are any questions, feel free to fire away!

Another round with this is in the books...

22a362ba7e0f3edbbba8850cf9ccbbd0.jpg

We will be giving one of these bags away on Instagram today for those that follow @THPGolf

We will be giving one of these bags away on Instagram today for those that follow @THPGolf

Contest is up.

Got out again today with the Taylormade Flextech Lifestyle bag. I'm really stoked on it and have really found it hard to find much I don't like about it. It really looks sharp, too. As my previous times out, I am experiencing minimal binding of the clubs as I get clubs in and out of the bag. I'm still easing in to carrying for very long, but am feeling less strain from carrying with it than I expected. So far, it's holding up great to my use and abuse. Only minor annoyance this time out was with the towel hanging over the valuables pocket giving me a little trouble getting into it. I've been keeping my rangefinder in there since the clip I have for it broke, and getting in and out under the towel was a bit annoying. Super nit-picky but just trying to be honest with my feedback.

Overall, this is being a great bag to me and I'm super happy to have it.

IMG_2014.JPG

I carried for 18 on Saturday and ended up tightening up the left strap a bit. It made it much easier to find when walking and the fit was a bit tighter. Other than that, it was a great carry, I'm pretty happy with this one.

course I was at the other day had some construction going on and the cart strap passthrough might have saved my bag after going over a pretty good ledge. Anyone else still using their bag?

Over the weekend I was able to get out for 18 carrying my Taylormade 19 Flextech Lifestyle stand bag. This was the first time I have ever carried for a full round, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I honestly didn't think I would be able to make it and just figured I could do 9 then pay to ride the back 9. I'm rather happy that I made it through the full 18 and better off than I had anticipated.

I have to thank @ddec for the tip about tightening the left strap. This did help a good bit with my struggles of finding the strap when putting the bag back on. I still had random times I could not for the life of me figure out where it was, but it was much less than previously. I did struggle a bit with the left strap getting twisted on me and feeling odd. I owe this to me rushing things trying not to be too slow. Overall though, through 18 I was very happy how the straps distributed the weight of the clubs and I feel this, and the lightness of the bag itself, was why I was able to get through the round.

Around hole 16 I noticed the handle digging into my right side a bit. It wasn't painful, just noticeable. I think I must have subconsciously tightened the right strap at some point as well as the left, or I just don't know how the bag is supposed to sit and had it wrong.. I loosened the right strap a little and it seemed to help and while I was more aware of the handle being there after that, it didn't really bother me.

I added another club and an extra shaft to the top section and an umbrella in with my putter. I really only struggled with binding of the putter and umbrella. I pretty well either get the club in/out the first time no problemr just move one of the clubs in the same section a little then am able to get the club I'm after back in or out easily enough. This I thought was going to be my biggest hurdle with the bag, but it has honestly been one of the easiest things to deal with, so I'm pretty happy with it.

I have had no issues with the legs feeling loose at all. This goes for setting it down/picking it up, or while carrying it. So far, that has been solid and not much more I can really say about them. Zippers all still move smoothly and I haven't lost any of the pull loops so far. With the pattern of my bag, I did find a couple times I didn't realize I had left a zipper open. Totally my fault, but the pattern just made it harder to notice at a glance. Wasn't a big deal during the round, though.

All in all, this is proving to be quite functional and comfortable bag. I've also gotten many comments on how sharp it looks. I feel I really lucked out with the bag I got, as I think it's the best looking of the lineup (granted none are bad looking).

As always, any questions or anything you'd like to see or know more about, feel free to ask. Thank you!

I gave my demo unit one last run this weekend and for me it’s just never going to work out with the 5 way top. I tried many different configurations and since switching to the less taper midsize TS1 grips it didn’t help. I liked almost everything about this bag though. I could see myself getting along nicely with the 14 way version though. I can say after a significant testing period that I would definitely recommend the bag l, just be certain on which top configuration you prefer and you should be pretty happy. All the other little quirks can be seen in my earlier posts, but overall a solid bag with some slick design/color options.

Oh and also the cart strap pass through should be standard issue for all manufacturers.

I love the looks of this bag, there are colors that i like better than others and i am more of a Cart Bag kinda guy since i use a remote control bag cart when i walk the course.I still have a 10 YO tailor-made Cart bag i use. #:taylormade: #injectedspeed

Oh and also the cart strap pass through should be standard issue for all manufacturers.

Great feature - couldn’t agree more.

At this weekends TM event, Casey, the Product Manager in charge of the bags is here. I asked if they could put that pass through on both sides, rather than just on the right side. If you are a passenger on a cart, sometime getting the strap through on the right side is tough or not possible. He did not think it was feasible unfortunately.

I will say that we have been through our share of rain this weekend and the bags have taken their share of sideways rain and downpours, my truck keys, wallet, electronics have all come back the the room dry every time . That in of itself is an important feature. Thank you Taylormade- well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back