TaylorMade 19 FlexTech Golf Bag Review

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
This thread will serve as the host to the forum review for the new 2019 TaylorMade FlexTech golf bags.

I’ll add pics to this post when the bags arrive!

TaylorMade 19 FlexTech Golf Bag
TaylorMade's 2019 Flextech Crossover stand golf bag is designed to fit the needs of every golfer quickly and easily. The self-adjusting strap system is designed for comfort, stable carrying while easily detaching when you want to use a cart. The revolutionary Flextech Stand System is included for easier organization that helps eliminate club crowding and sticking along with full length dividers for maximum organization. It is fully loaded with 10 pockets for storage and transitions easily from a carry bag to the cart when you don't feel like walking the course.

• Staff
Testers who will be posting updates in here, for those curious, will be the following:

THE TESTERS:
Jman
ddec
AUWU11
drumdog
checkered
clarkgriswold
MagicSpell
daddio

As always though, feel free to join in on the fun!

Looking forward to hearing more on the club crowding elimination. That’s always something that has bugged me - lucky testers!

Congrats testers! Looking forward to seeing the reviews.

I'm ready to get started! Was looking online to get an idea of what to expect but will really have to wait until the bag arrives. I'm quite interested in both the carry aspects of the bag as well as how well it fits on a cart (I'll be testing it on a CaddyTek push cart as well as local muni riding carts).

If there are any questions anyone has just fire away and I'll do everything I can to get an answer!

As someone who used last years version on and off throughout the season, I am certainly looking forward to this one. There are some tweaks I would have made, and I am curious if anything like that happened to the newer version.

I can't wait to get the bag and try it out. Very curious as to the color I will be getting. :banana:

TaylorMade 19 FlexTech Golf Bag Review

I saw a few of the combos in person. I don’t think there is a bad combo in the bunch. The silver/grey blood orange was

• Staff
As someone who used last years version on and off throughout the season, I am certainly looking forward to this one. There are some tweaks I would have made, and I am curious if anything like that happened to the newer version.

What changes are you really hoping to see here Dean?

What changes are you really hoping to see here Dean?

I'm hoping they found a way to make the main side pocket a bit roomier. That seems to be the challenge in stand bags, but I love the extra space I have in my Three5 bag, and this one just was a bit tigher in that area. Also I don't want to say their were snagging issues with clubs, but it was a bit congested in some areas. Overall though I thought it was a really solid bag, one which I used on carts, push carts, and carried regularly.

With my older version I found that the straps sat very close to my side when carrying on both shoulders, and that the straps themself were quite stiff

I'm hoping they found a way to make the main side pocket a bit roomier. That seems to be the challenge in stand bags, but I love the extra space I have in my Three5 bag, and this one just was a bit tigher in that area. Also I don't want to say their were snagging issues with clubs, but it was a bit congested in some areas. Overall though I thought it was a really solid bag, one which I used on carts, push carts, and carried regularly.

That is a great point/focus. I know I'm always impressed at how much I can cram into my PING Hoofer so that is something I need to pay attention to here for sure.

I'm pretty curious to see how the organization and full length dividers do for us with as much as we usually have in a golf bag club wise.

With my older version I found that the straps sat very close to my side when carrying on both shoulders, and that the straps themself were quite stiff

Ugh. As a walker, this is something I will keep a keen eye on as well!

That is a great point/focus. I know I'm always impressed at how much I can cram into my PING Hoofer so that is something I need to pay attention to here for sure.

I'm pretty curious to see how the organization and full length dividers do for us with as much as we usually have in a golf bag club wise.

when they built the bag last year, they really tried to model it after the hoofer. So you having that as your gamer could be pretty valuable to this testing.

when they built the bag last year, they really tried to model it after the hoofer. So you having that as your gamer could be pretty valuable to this testing.

That, I did not know, and is a pretty smart move TBH. Its still the best carry bag design of all time IMO.

That, I did not know, and is a pretty smart move TBH. Its still the best carry bag design of all time IMO.

yup, it was actually kind of funny in some of the stuff I was listening to last year and that was the point. The hoofer has been regarded as one of the best designs out there. They mention it in their promo video from last year, they look at the Hoofer and try to make it better.

yup, it was actually kind of funny in some of the stuff I was listening to last year and that was the point. The hoofer has been regarded as one of the best designs out there. They mention it in their promo video from last year, they look at the Hoofer and try to make it better.

I can't believe I missed that. Ugh, where was I in 2018?

Oh. Twin World. LOL

OK, how good looking are these?

M71454_zoom_D.jpg

N65479_zoom_D.jpg

N65478_zoom_D.jpg

Also inside the big main pocket, is there any extra smaller pockets in there to put keys, wallet etc. as I find this a handy feature on my callaway bag

Also inside the big main pocket, is there any extra smaller pockets in there to put keys, wallet etc. as I find this a handy feature on my callaway bag

LOVE the key hooks in bags!

Super smart, love the second one of the two, also having that second zippered pocket there, sort of answers my question

LOVE the logo on the bottom two. I think the middle one is my fav.

Mine too. Classic logo, super clean look.

I bought the silver / blood orange flextech crossover last week, as I’d been in the market for a new bag with a 14-way divider for a while, and this seemed to fit the bill.

I’d probably say I’m “satisfied” with the bag, but certainly not over the moon...

I really like the color and the overall look of the bag. There’s also a decent number of pockets, although a lot of these are a bit tighter than they needed to be.

The main issues for me are regarding the straps. Now being two completely independent straps with a plastic slider keeping them crossed makes it almost impossible to adjust these easily and get the bag hanging how I like. I took it out on the course and literally found myself adjusting the straps after every single shot. I’m still not happy with them now, even after having a friend adjust them whilst it was on my back. It’s getting to the point where I might replace the straps entirely...

I’m also disappointed with the “full” length dividers, as this is only true horizontally. Clubs entering the bag on the same “level” still suffer from crowding, which leads to the inevitable waggling of the clubs to try and get them in and out of the bag.

A bit disappointed in all honesty :/

Back