TaylorMade 19 FlexTech Golf Bag Review

I'm eager to get this one in hand, mainly because looking at clubs and things are all I can do right now haha

I wanna see the top of the bag when you guys get them. That is always my deciding factor when buying a bag. I had a TM bag a few years back (still have it as it stores my clubs in the corner of the Nut Cave) My only issue with it was that the construction of the zippers was lacking. And a hole developed in the corner of one of the pockets .... balls would go flying all over the parking lot. HA! :act-up: I'm sure they addressed this issue and the construction is better now, as my bag is a number of years old.

LOVE the logo on the bottom two.

All agreed there - makes more of a difference than I would have thought. :good:

I wanna see the top of the bag when you guys get them. That is always my deciding factor when buying a bag. I had a TM bag a few years back (still have it as it stores my clubs in the corner of the Nut Cave) My only issue with it was that the construction of the zippers was lacking. And a hole developed in the corner of one of the pockets .... balls would go flying all over the parking lot. HA! :act-up: I'm sure they addressed this issue and the construction is better now, as my bag is a number of years old.

Your better believe there will be pics with @ddec and I involved. We are your resident staff picture addicts haha

These should be arriving to the testers very very soon. Looking forward to getting this thread rocking and rolling.

Took my older version of this bag out on sunday in super windy conditions, stood up well and didn't fall over once.
Did think the legs were a little too long so when on softer ground they didn't kick out as much as I'd like. Hopefully this is an improvement as well

As someone who used last years version on and off throughout the season, I am certainly looking forward to this one. There are some tweaks I would have made, and I am curious if anything like that happened to the newer version.

Agreed. I still use mine, and like it immensely. Looking forward to see if they tweaked it to make it even better.

Do we have an idea of when these will be in the hands of THPers? Looking forward to seeing these....

Do we have an idea of when these will be in the hands of THPers? Looking forward to seeing these....

They shipped directly from TMaG, so I’d bet very soon.

James, do you know how much the bag weighs?

James, do you know how much the bag weighs?

According to TM 4.5 lbs. But we will certainly have some accurate numbers once they arrive

According to TM 4.5 lbs. But we will certainly have some accurate numbers once they arrive

Thats a little heavy for me for a carry bag....I have yet to find something I like better the my SM Three 5

Thats a little heavy for me for a carry bag....I have yet to find something I like better the my SM Three 5

That's my go to. Mine is the 2016 version(i think) will make sure to weigh that one too.

I’ve never had a TM bad before but some of those design and unique logos are pretty good looking. I’m excited for the impending photo blast of the various bags.

That's my go to. Mine is the 2016 version(i think) will make sure to weigh that one too.

Interestingly, its right between the Hoofer (5lbs) and Hoofer Lite (4lbs), pretty solid spot to be in.

Unpatiently waiting for mine to show up at the door. I just know all this snow we have been getting all across the country is going to delay the delivery... :angry:

These really do look great !

OK, how good looking are these?

M71454_zoom_D.jpg

N65479_zoom_D.jpg

N65478_zoom_D.jpg

Interestingly, its right between the Hoofer (5lbs) and Hoofer Lite (4lbs), pretty solid spot to be in.

You also know what I'm about to say, weight is only one part of the equation. I've had light bags that carry poorly, and heavier bags that feel way more balanced so that the extra 1lb is not noticeable.

You also know what I'm about to say, weight is only one part of the equation. I've had light bags that carry poorly, and heavier bags that feel way more balanced so that the extra 1lb is not noticeable.

For sure. I have had some REALLY light bags that carried horribly.

Is it a 5 split? So one big bucket at the top and 4 squares underneath that?

Here you go:

M71458_zoom_D2.jpg

I think these are 14 way? Should know for sure soon.

Not if we are getting the standard FlexTech, that would be the FlexTech Crossover. There is also the LightTech 3.0 and FlexTech Lite.

this bag looks amasing, if the reviews are good, I'll get this colorway
N65483_zoom_D.jpg

Not if we are getting the standard FlexTech, that would be the FlexTech Crossover. There is also the LightTech 3.0 and FlexTech Lite.

Thanks Jman. I guess I assumed we were getting the Crossover because it was the one described in the sign up thread. But Crossover not referenced in the title so maybe not?

Thanks Jman. I guess I assumed we were getting the Crossover because it was the one described in the sign up thread. But Crossover not referenced in the title so maybe not?

Well, I made the thread so maybe that was my boo-boo, haha

Does indeed say Crossover in the sign-up thread, so when they come in I'll edit the title as needed!

GOOD EYE!

Just a quick update that bags should be shipping towards the end of this month.

Back