TaylorMade 19 FlexTech Golf Bag Review

The PGA covers look SO good in the bag, cooler for me is the JR PGA league motif inside as a youth coach!

I use the Lectronic Caddy when i play and walk. thinking about how good the Staff Bag to match those head covers would look on it.....

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 5
Was finally able to walk 18 with my new flex lite 3.0 I received at the taylormade event. Previously played the Sun Mountain 3.5 and 2.5. This bag is COMFORTABLE! It is so easy to carry even with the temps in the low 90's. The 3.0 is tiny looking but has plenty storage for what I need. The 4 way top is plenty big enough even with a large putter grip. No problems getting clubs in and out. Casey with TM said they treat each bag before it is assembled with a water repellent coating. We got plenty of rain at the event and everything in my bag stayed dry, even after constant exposure.

The only negative I have is that I wish they would put some type of water bottle pocket where the pencil holder is. I use my cell phone to keep score and yardages so I put it in the current slot on the side.
f613a301d1941fe20a2b2716ea9c5c84.jpg
c1b8ca8051b389cc1f0031f60862a2e5.jpg
bb0243dbcc72a08254fe96f2515a566a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I use the Lectronic Caddy when i play and walk. thinking about how good the Staff Bag to match those head covers would look on it.....

That’d be too much US Open for one guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’d be too much US Open for one guy.

Lol, I am a generation ahead, lol. We like stuff to match

Going to drop some more thoughts in here soon about this setup I rocked today for 18:

24047728777b55a7012fdcb1e5f0f1f9.jpg

Alright then, update time!

I put 144 holes on the FlexTech bag this week, and still have 18 more tomorrow in a scramble tournament. Most rounds were in a cart, but four were using the ClicGear pictured above.

For general thoughts, the strap pass through on a bag this weight/size remains a rockstar and should be on EVERY SINGLE STAND BAG EVER, as far as I am concerned. The base shape really is pretty spectacular when riding in a cart, combined with that pass through it sits as square throughout a round (or three) that I have seen out of a stand bag, my Hoofer Mascot inevitably ends up twisting, so its nice to see a carry bag with the versatility to ride well.

The storage is pretty nuts. I found things I had in the bag from the Injected Speed event yesterday, meaning I flat out forgot there were pockets in that portion of the bag. Legitimately, there is a ton of pockets here. While the 5-way version I have here doesn't have the nifty DEEP insulated pocket section, it does have the insulated drink pocket which is really all I need. Broken record, pockets on pockets on pockets.

For the ClicGear rounds, my buddy @ddec has talked about that in here a good bit, so I was excited to see how it worked out myself, plus I'm on a kick of starting to walk and carry more, at LEAST my first round of the day is my rule going forward this summer. Anywho, the fact that the bag doesnt have the old-style kickstand leg mechanism makes it sit great on the ClicGear. I actually use the pass through here as well and it locks the bag down tight. Only issue, it rides a little low on the ClicGear and at times (up hills mostly) I would get some rubbing. Not an issue though as I have the ClicGear Booster clip here at the house and will report back on Monday after putting it into action!

Broad thoughts, love the color combo, my HS kids have noticed me not using our HS bag and freaked out a little thinking I might be leaving them after all haha, but after an explanation, they all really like the color combo. I'm curious to see how the legs stand up after a summer of my crazy 7+ rounds a week, so that is something I'm eyeing. Also haven't had tangle issues, its operated like a typical 5-way for me, which is what I'm accustomed to.

Still impressed, for sure.

Played some cart path only golf the past few days. That lead to rounds that were a mix of cart and also carrying when it made sense to just lug the bag when away from the path.

Cart strap pass through - i sound like a broken record but it’s just a home run.

Plenty of storage. Since these were rounds spent out of town, I had the bag more loaded up than usual - rain gear, maybe 18 balls, and a change of clothes as were were going from course to dinner and I didn’t want to bring another bag. The bag carried comfortably even all loaded up. I did struggle a few times finding the left shoulder strap after putting the bag on the right shoulder. I guess it just rests differently from where the Hoofer strap rests. I ultimately got the hang of it but it is one aspect where I prefer the Hoofer.

Access to clubs was easy and I really prefer the 5 way top on the FlexTech to that of the Hoofer.

It’s a great bag - It deserves to be on the radar for those looking for a sturdy stand bag that performs on the cart and is comfortable to carry.

If I don't get out for a round soon I'm going to strap the bag on & take the dog for a walk. That might b the only way to get a review in! It's also raining out so I could test the water resistance again even though it has already been proved to work really well in Alabama

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If I don't get out for a round soon I'm going to strap the bag on & take the dog for a walk. That might b the only way to get a review in! It's also raining out so I could test the water resistance again even that already proved to work really well in Alabama

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I approve of this.

With video.

I took advantage of TaylorMade’s offer for free bag panel customization. It was more for review purposes in case others are interested. Until I break par, I think I will leave my name off the bag. In any event...for those interested -

It’s an easy on line request form. You have a choice of script or block lettering. I believe it was limited to 2 lines of text. After submitting the on-line request, I received a message that it would take up to 8 weeks, and I would also need to submit proof of purchase by email. Since I received the bag at the TM Injected Speed event, I didn’t have PoP. I explained as much in the email and wondered if it would work.

It took much less than 8 weeks - maybe 3 or 4. It arrived today.

The script is neat, and it doesn’t seem too obnoxious. It’s actually more subtle than I was expecting. Zipping off the old panel was easy. Putting the new one on took me a few minutes to figure out. I don’t know if there were instructions in the packaging (wife threw out the package), but if I can figure it out, anyone can. Now that I know how to do it, it will take just a few seconds to swap the old panel back on.

So here it is - it looks good. I am just a little self conscious so will remove it before it leaves the house. For those that want personalization, it’s FREE and it’s EASY. What more could you want!
791f4f46bfefff7ae582566efc79fc70.jpg

Nice Bri! I dig it!

This bag has remained in play all season and will be making it's 2nd trip of the year this weekend. Who else still has theirs in play, either from the original testers or the TM Event?

This bag has remained in play all season and will be making it's 2nd trip of the year this weekend. Who else still has theirs in play, either from the original testers or the TM Event?

Still in play from the TM event. I don’t see swapping this out for say 2-3 years, my normal bag lifespan. It serves all of my needs for a bag, so no reason to ponder anything else.

I have switched to this bag full time. The only complaint I have is the legs bend easily. Other than that, the quality seems to be comparable to a Ping Hoofer. I expects to use this through next season at a minimum.

My original tester bag has stayed in play all year. I see no reason to go back to the heavy TMAG cart bag. The FlexTech is a great bag overall !

I ended up using this bag for the entire season and came away pretty impressed. No real durability issues from my end. It might not have been 100% perfect on the clicgear at times, but it wasn't all bad on it either. Anyone looking for a bag to add to their holiday list should consider it.

Still holding up well for everyone? Not waterproof but any issues with water getting in?

The top good for 14 clubs? And tangles? Full length dividers work as advertised?

Straps seem real good.

Thanks for all the thorough reviews. Based on other reviews, I had already decided on this bag and really liked the ‘19 navy Crossover version. With the red/white accents I think it looks awesome. I was able to find one at my local Dick’s, but it was missing the removable panel. The manager gave me a great deal and I’m still hoping I can find someone who got the customization done and kept the old blank panel.

Anyone out there with a Navy panel they want to get rid of? :rolleyes:

Thanks to all the reviews, I’ve learned even more about the bag.

Thanks!

Back