A Tour of the THP Club Lab

That's an awesome setup for sure. A lot of great tools there. Now I know who to send my clubs to for frequency analyzing. HA! :act-up:

That grip removing tool looks impressive.

That thing is super cool! Also can someone explain to me what hard stepped means please and what is the hot melt used for? Maybe i am asking too early as there will be videos coming out!

This is awesome. I always tell myself I'd love to be able to do that stuff, but I don't even know how to regrip a club.

We have full videos for that.

That’s a great setup, and one which I know how to use 0.0% of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I definitely have garage envy. And I still want the grip thingy.

Great video, really like the layout of everything.I could see myself spending an entire day in a garage if I had that set up!

Man, I so much want to learn club building and have a workshop like this. My dad is about to retire so maybe I need to plant a seed with him. LOL

For those that missed our Behind the Scenes video of Range Days with @Canadan and myself, talking about club data, tech and more, we wanted to share a quick tour of the THP Club Lab. Its still a bit of a work in progress as far as design, but most of the machines and benches have been installed and are in use. When the final product is complete, we will do a full video walk through with each machine as well as drawers, signage and a whole lot more.

Screen%20Shot%202019-02-11%20at%202.02.15%20PM-L.png

Torque Analyzer for Shafts
Torque-L.jpg

Mitchell Bench Grinder and Ferrule Turner
Cutter-L.jpg

Putter and Metal Woods Precision Gauge
Gauge-L.jpg

Digital Loft and Lie and Bend Machine
Bend-L.jpg

Digital Swing Weight Scale
SW-L.jpg

Reverse Thrust Shaft Puller
Thurst-L.jpg

Hot Melt
Hot%20Melt-L.jpg

Shaft Frequency Analyzer
Frequency-L.jpg

Regripping Station
Grip-L.jpg

Ferrules, Swing Weights, Shaft Adapters and Tools
Supplies-L.jpg

Grips and Other Supplies
Supplies1-L.jpg

That is a sweet looking setup. Definately jelly on these pictures.

As someone who just regripped using the standard box cutter like I had to perform surgery (that actually performs like a 4yr old playing "operation") I want to know what the heck that was.
The first time I saw it on your video I thought the grip was pre-cut... Something like that could take "shucking corn" to the professional level.

Lol, getting the grips and old tape off usually takes up most of my labor time.

Great setup JB! Should be lots of cool stuff coming out from this.

Also, I want the grip ripper...and the re-gripping station.

Such a sick setup.

Really wish I had one of those grip removers back in the day. Far too many late nights removing 10+ year old grips piece by piece.

I need all that in my life lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quality setup and so, so clean. Everything with a place and purpose. Perfect set up.

Loft / lie machine is very cool, it would be great to have in the setup I have which is a Vise, cheap golfworks puller, cheap GW SW scale, a Dremel and a hook knife.

But how often would it get used is the issue, once your clubs are set maybe check them once or twice a year?

But I do manage to do all my own shaft work and grips with my very basic gear.

The THP setup is top notch and some great info will come forth no doubt.

This is such a sweet setup. I’d probably end up screwing up my clubs trying to tinker too much if I had access to this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomorrow we will be checking some shafts out and definitely give you all of the feedback.

It will be real cool to see some shafts get checked and see how consistent they are in a set or one to one.

I have seen some huge differences on my friends CPM machine from very popular Major brands. Shafts from the same shipment that were all labeled the same as in Stiff or Regular, etc.

Great looking setup JB. Looking forward to seeing the analysis data.

I just wanna come visit it, set up a chair and breathe in there.

That thing is super cool! Also can someone explain to me what hard stepped means please and what is the hot melt used for? Maybe i am asking too early as there will be videos coming out!

hard stepping means using a shaft designed for a heavier head weight with a lighter club head i.e. 5 iron shaft in a 4 iron head is a 1x hard step which will result in approximately 1/3 flex stiffer feel

hot melt is used for adding head weight in hollow heads (driver etc) and will dampen sound a bit

hard stepping means using a shaft designed for a heavier head weight with a lighter club head i.e. 5 iron shaft in a 4 iron head is a 1x hard step which will result in approximately 1/3 flex stiffer feel

hot melt is used for adding head weight in hollow heads (driver etc) and will dampen sound a bit

Thank you i appreciate the explanation!

So much fun in the works!

God I’m glad I’m not a self tinkerer.....cause that place would be dangerous

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back