A Tour of the THP Club Lab

@JB are you going to add the lazer deal to put on the end of the shafts so you can flow them? The one I have seen in use looks just like that end weight but with a small lazer in it.

Might be another interesting experiment to valid or prove it is bollocks in a head to head shaft comparison.

No. We have done the test. Spoken about our findings. Had experts from companies speak about their findings. At this point, those that believe, that’s awesome.

This whole thing is costing me money, dammit.

@JB, which shafts did you test on the frequency machine, and what were the results?

Just the Black V2. Can really test anything though.
If you check out this thread, there are some measurements.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php/111761-Proforce-V2-Shaft-in-black!!!

Cool, thanks. That's pretty consistent. I really didn't pay much attention to the frequency of a shaft until I went through a driver fitting a couple years ago. From that, I remember a stock HZRDUS Black 65 6.0 came in at 265cpm. My THCE shaft came in at 284cpm.

How much of a benefit, if any, do you think there is in knowing the actual frequency of a specific shaft for us average golfers? Or, what frequency you should be playing for that matter. From what I've seen, most shaft companies don't actually show the cpm on their shaft spec sheets.

Cool, thanks. That's pretty consistent. I really didn't pay much attention to the frequency of a shaft until I went through a driver fitting a couple years ago. From that, I remember a stock HZRDUS Black 65 6.0 came in at 265cpm. My THCE shaft came in at 284cpm.

How much of a benefit, if any, do you think there is in knowing the actual frequency of a specific shaft for us average golfers? Or, what frequency you should be playing for that matter. From what I've seen, most shaft companies don't actually show the cpm on their shaft spec sheets.
That depends. The number, probably little. The consistency to make sure its coming in at the right spot, could be. Like anything there are tolerances and sometimes with any company in any product, things slip through.

Using this an example. Here is a Honma TW Mb iron known for its precision. Yet the loft came half a degree off and the lie angle even more.

9fa4e91639046f45922272e56c455dd4.jpg

Exact reason I take every set of irons I get in the get the lofts and lies checked and adjusted. I have yet to see a set used, or brand new in the box where the lofts and lies are all correct.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Using this an example. Here is a Honma TW Mb iron known for its precision. Yet the loft came half a degree off and the lie angle even more.

9fa4e91639046f45922272e56c455dd4.jpg

Woah is that supposed to be a 7i? That is crazy off especially lie

Exact reason I take every set of irons I get in the get the lofts and lies checked and adjusted. I have yet to see a set used, or brand new in the box where the lofts and lies are all correct.

Now take a look at the Majesty set. Less than a half on either and it’s the Same through the whole set.

4d73ecf27ec402a6539f3fb3aae23bcd.jpg

Could you check out a APEX 19 set for giggles please, also how did you calibrate your machine?

I have heard that different machines can be off .5 or so out of the box and between Manufactures even more.

Could you check out a APEX 19 set for giggles please, also how did you calibrate your machine?

I have heard that different machines can be off .5 or so out of the box and between Manufactures even more.

Bending machines by nature cannot be 1000000% precise. This is due to how they clamp the shafts.
This is why if you watch the video in the first post, we have a precision measurement gauge to back up the specs.

I truly love this stuff and will keep asking questions if that is all right, if it is just annoying you I will just wait and read what others post.
I did watch the video and did not make the connection to the precision measurement gauge as it relates to the bending machine, I guess I should have, but being fairly new to the actual application of what's what in club building I am still learning.

I truly love this stuff and will keep asking questions if that is all right, if it is just annoying you I will just wait and read what others post.
I did watch the video and did not make the connection to the precision measurement gauge as it relates to the bending machine, I guess I should have, but being fairly new to the actual application of what's what in club building I am still learning.
Yeah I do too. I've always been a hands on fix it kinda guy. This stuff intrigues me.

the number does not matter to us, unless we are comparing the same shaft to the same shaft. bend profile can make a 240cpm play stiffer than a 260cpm for example

the number does not matter to us, unless we are comparing the same shaft to the same shaft. bend profile can make a 240cpm play stiffer than a 260cpm for example
Then why even have the number? Why would they even use the frequency as a measurement point?

Dream setup here. Some day....crosses fingers....some day. LOL.

Looks good. Can't wait to see more info on each of these.

Then why even have the number? Why would they even use the frequency as a measurement point?

consistency to make sure a shaft is meeting tolerances. for example you have a hzrdus black 6.0 at 260cpm, and another hzrdus black 6.0 at 254cpm, that 254 is going to feel half a flex softer. this will also become an issue in iron shaft sets as significantly out-of-tolerance shafts can greatly affect performance as flex will be all over the place

What is the long term plan for the club lab?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the long term plan for the club lab?

Part of that was discussed during Range Days, in how content will be presented.
There are lots of items that we can't get into yet in regards to the future, but analyzation of equipment will be constant.

Awesome setup. Where is that corner workbench with the red base from?

Its two benches that our contractor built together and bolted, leveled and it works incredibly well.

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeally want a digital SW scale now.

I hate this thread a little bit.

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeally want a digital SW scale now.

I hate this thread a little bit.

Not going to lie...They are pretty awesome.

Back