2019 Pro V1 vs Pro V1x

Appreciate the reads, everyone.

AWESOME REVIEW JAMES!

Love seeing data being used to "do the talking" about what the balls do (and dont do). It sounds like based on your information provided that Titleist has indeed accomplished what they set out to do when it comes to these offerings.

I was initially surprised the X spun less with driver and 7I (I naively thought the X would have more spin across the board) but then I read your next paragraph about making sure not to jeopardize distance and then it all made sense.

While Im too cheap to splurge on these as my gamers, I'm hoping to find lots of them on the golf course this year to put in play (specifically the X as I am a low spin player as well).

Also 800 more RPM (between the 2 new balls) on little 55 yard wedge shots is huge!

Solid review Jman! I'm going to be giving the ProV1 a shot this weekend so I'm interested to see how it performs.

Now that I have gone back and read the review again, I can say that there is not a better of this type of review found anywhere. It truly is impressive. The comparisons are so good and could really help a lot of people understand which ball might be better for them. Thanks again.

Awesome review JMan! I was waiting for a review to come up, it was just a matter of time. This is great comparison of the two balls to help us average 'hackers' decide which to game. I can't wait to try the ProV1 in the upcoming season with the TS2. More ball speed with the ball & the driver .... what an awesome combination!

Nicely done, Jman! Glad to see the comparisons clearly represented with data and thoughtful analysis.

Excellent writeup! I enjoyed the table comparisons too, highly thorough and well presented. It's not the easiest thing to put together a solid group of shots for comparison across four clubs and two balls. Thanks for putting in the work.

Great write up, like all the data, while i don't play these balls much i do pick up a sleeve every once in awhile to use on the course and have enjoyed the Pro V1X

Great review.

I really want to try a sleeve of the yellow prov1x. The fact that it exists finally wonders how many people will switch to it.

Really glad you all enjoyed the format and the content. Makes me smile.

Really glad you all enjoyed the format and the content. Makes me smile.

Yeah you crushed this one, dude. Really informative and helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great review, interesting the 2019 ProV1X was the lower spinning long ball and the higher spinning short ball.

James I really liked that you were able to throw these up against the previous version. You and I talked during the Cortex review and I mentioned that I changed balls to a ProV1 during a session and saw a jump in BS and Spin, both welcome to my drives. So looking back and seeing how that ball compares to the previous version in the data, is pretty damn cool to someone like me. Having gone through a similar process with the Z-star line, for me, I would likely end up choosing the ball that felt better because I thought for the most part, the numbers were close enough. The exception for me was short game spin on that pitch shot where the XV spun much more, which I didn't anticipate. Funny enough, your data shows something similar where the X was the spin champ on that long pitch shot. I am actually kind of glad to see your numbers laid out like this because I think it helps paint a picture that is a bit easier to see. Also, some of your thoughts are very similar to my experiences, who knew?!

Excuse me if you answered this already, so with the numbers on the driver seprating themselves by 1 degree of launch, with spin and speed remaining somewhat constant, what was the difference in carry?

Oh and you are right, people hear thinner cover and tend to freak out. Glad to see the one mishap was not repeated during testing.

James I really liked that you were able to throw these up against the previous version. You and I talked during the Cortex review and I mentioned that I changed balls to a ProV1 during a session and saw a jump in BS and Spin, both welcome to my drives. So looking back and seeing how that ball compares to the previous version in the data, is pretty damn cool to someone like me. Having gone through a similar process with the Z-star line, for me, I would likely end up choosing the ball that felt better because I thought for the most part, the numbers were close enough. The exception for me was short game spin on that pitch shot where the XV spun much more, which I didn't anticipate. Funny enough, your data shows something similar where the X was the spin champ on that long pitch shot. I am actually kind of glad to see your numbers laid out like this because I think it helps paint a picture that is a bit easier to see. Also, some of your thoughts are very similar to my experiences, who knew?!

Excuse me if you answered this already, so with the numbers on the driver seprating themselves by 1 degree of launch, with spin and speed remaining somewhat constant, what was the difference in carry?

Oh and you are right, people hear thinner cover and tend to freak out. Glad to see the one mishap was not repeated during testing.

Thank Deano. I appreciate it!

I can’t even recall to be honest, the data was across like 9 sessions that I had to go back and do all the math on because I was a fool who didn’t just use the same session over the days. Since then I’ve cleared it all off because my OCD was whooping my arse. Looking at it though we are probably looking at 3-5 yards?

It’s funny, when I’m working on the LM the carry is always inconsequential to me, I’m always so focused on the launch and flight parameters.

Little bumpy bumpy for those who might be curious about the new golf balls.

Has Titleist announced the official release date for the yellow versions of these?

Just saw that today is the day for Yellow! Should excite some people for sure.

Just saw that today is the day for Yellow! Should excite some people for sure.

And now I can order. :blob:

My local golf shop says, March 17th– buy 3 get 1 free deal happening!

I can get either these or the tp5/tp5x with a 4 for 3 deal. Can anyone elaborate on the prov1 vs tp5?

I can get either these or the tp5/tp5x with a 4 for 3 deal. Can anyone elaborate on the prov1 vs tp5?

Last years models played very, very similar. With the changes made to both balls, I doubt there’ll be much difference between them again.

Back