2019 Titleist Ultimate Metal Woods and Golf Ball Testing

Let’s get after it PutterButter! Welcome to the 2019 Titleist Ultimate Testing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had someone not able to take their spot, so welcome PutterButter to the Titleist Ultimate Club Testing THP Event.

Congrats PutterButter!!!

Congrats fellas!! This is an awesome event and Titleist and THP are going to blow you guys away. Pumped to follow along!!

Congratulations everyone, looks to be a great event.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Congrats everyone looking forward to following all the fun!

Congrats everyone. Going to be an amazing event and the titleist crew are a blast!

WOW I gotta say again WOW I'm still in shock! Quite a roller coaster for the Ol Putterbutter!!! I thought I missed out and then was chosen as an Alternate, everyone here is so awesome. Thanks to THP!!!!
I cant wait to be part of this great experience with the rest of the guys!

I have just been able to take a better look at The Club at Savannah Harbor and WOW!

Seems like the participants are in for a real treat with a great OEM in Titlelist and a first class event put on by THP!

And the waitlist provides yet again. Congrats @Putterbutter

We all have our accommodations booked and are waiting for further details.

I have already received a minimum of 500 texts on our group text and can’t wait to hear what everyone goes with for their clubs

AWESOME.
PMs coming tomorrow for next details.

AWESOME.
PMs coming tomorrow for next details.

Great. My fitting is scheduled for Monday. Can’t wait to test these awesome clubs.

Awesome PM from @JB this am filling us in on details, order timeline and options! This event is going to be ULTIMATE!

IMG_4053.JPG

Really hoping this one proves the best numbers wise when I do my fitting...

So I had my fitting for my driver and fairway wood today and these are the results:

I chose the TS2 for both the driver and 3 wood. I also chose the Hzrds Smoke shaft in both. I did try the TS3 and evenflow shaft in both. Why did I make this decision?

The TS2 driver had very similar total yards, swing speed and spin to my current gamer the Flash also with the Smoke shaft. But I did gain an extra 5 yards in carry based on my fitter from Titleist, who was awesome, when I went to the C3 setting. It was not as consistent to the Flash but I attribute that to familiarity. I’ve had the Flash for about a month. The TS2 did gain me swing speed on some swings but minimal ( less than .5 mph). But the carry was worth noting. I have a high spin rate with both and the results again were best with Smoke shaft. Still not optimized but that’s bc of my swing in general.

TS3 was NOT for me. It is a quality club and my usual playing partner uses it. But to me it felt heavier (fitter told me it is not but he has same feel when playing it) and has a very firm feel when hitting it no matter the shaft used. The difference between both heads were very pronounced for me. TS2 is the clear winner for me. Numbers were with me on this. Took a few shots just to get comparable numbers. Dispersion with TS2 was great. Not so much for me with TS3.

The TS2 3 wood was SO GREAT. If you haven’t hit this club, you need to. My gamer is the Rogue with the Hzrds Yellow shaft. My usual total yards is 230. The TS2 dramatically increased this to 240 with a much better ball flight. These numbers are off the deck. I don’t usually hit a 3 wood off the tee but I’m going to try more in the future. I was dialed in with this club and the fitter was loving it.....he could see I was happy and so was he.

The Titleist lineup of woods is the real deal and if you are looking at new woods you NEED to hit these. The Titleist fitter was great and encouraged me to keep tweaking the clubs to optimum. He would consistently shout out the numbers to me after every stroke. I’m happy to answer any questions but I don’t have my specific numbers on hand.

71dcb6a87367f28ed4f24bffa08697c9.jpg
cb6ba30e3cebb6f1ef6e211936e364a1.jpg
014e1812616573bc8c0ae4e30461e5cc.jpg

Well folks, I had my fitting with my local Titleist rep over the weekend. I walked away pleasantly surprised and very happy considering I hadn't swung a club since late October.
Fitting was done inside, on Trackman, using the 2019 Pro V1. Unfortunately I don't have the numbers so here's a little detail without boring you with everything.

I went in open to both the TS2 & TS3 models. And like the other guys, was going to let the numbers speak for themselves.

I was fit for the TS3 9.5° driver and the TS2 15° Fairway, both with the Hazardous Smoke Stiff shaft. I was borderline X,
but since i'm not getting any younger, opted for the stiff. My dispersion wasn't an issue with either shaft.

I hit both drivers pretty well. I currently game a 440cc head and I favored the look and feel of the TS3 and honestly hit it better. Sounds great off the face.
The ball speed off the face is fast and once I got my spin numbers dialed in, my carry and totals were up across the board by about 5-8 yds in the 285-290
range.

Both the TS2 & TS3 3W (15°) were awesome. I went with the TS2 since it was easier to get in the air. Again, these woods are top of the line. I was
hitting the TS2 3W distances I have never seen off the deck with very little dispersion. My total carry was near 250 rolling out upwards of 265. Found it
easy to control as well.

I HAVE tempered expectations since this was inside and not out in the elements.

My thoughts after it was all said and done is that the TS line of woods are just as good as any others on the market. Definitely the best line Titleist has made.
Truthfully, I think they are overlooked. I have to admit, I may have walked right by them as well if I hadn't been chosen for this event. Thanks again THP!!!
I know every player is different and what fits me may not fit anyone else. But I would give these a try for sure. You just might be surprised as I was.

I'm anxious to hear what the other guys have to say after their experiences with these clubs.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info @Wildcat and @KY! So awesome that you guys are loving what you have been fit into.

Going to be an ULTIMATE event in about a month and a half!

Great info guys. Good choices and way to go in there with an open mind. Some people get stuck on certain clubs when selecting equipment. By the way, this course looks unreal. Its gonna be nice on 4 and 7 with those new drivers and fw. I will be following for sure.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Great info guys. Good choices and way to go in there with an open mind. Some people get stuck on certain clubs when selecting equipment. By the way, this course looks unreal. Its gonna be nice on 4 and 7 with those new drivers and fw. I will be following for sure.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thanks...can’t wait to follow along later this month with you as well.

Thanks...can’t wait to follow along later this month with you as well.

@j_sizzle9
Please check your PMs.

Done. Very sorry. Tax season and newborn got me struggling to keep my head above water.

Just replied.

Thanks for reaching out @JB

Scheduled my fitting for next Wednesday during my lunch break. Only time I can fit it in this time of year!

Really looking forward to tax season ending and this event at the end April.

Starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Sorry I’ve been a bit behind on posts with some family vacation and then catching up at work. Seems like it’s been dark and cold here forever! I got to hit a few balls after work outside in the sun today, the season is almost here guys! That said I have my fitting this Saturday afternoon. I have hit the TS2 for a bit at the store and the HZRDUS Smoke felt great, gonna go in open minded. I’ll post full update later this weekend.

Back