Snell MTB-X Golf Balls

Probably once these are in stock I'll order a pack, but wow after buying a dozen each of the tp5x and prov1x the price of these seem much, much better.

I'm in the minority that liked the red, minus the shiny cover. What's interesting is that this release won't be a 4 piece ball like the red, but a 3 piece like the black. On one hand I want to try it, on the other there are so many other good balls that it probably won't be a priority.

Very excited for these to come out and see some comparisons to how they stack up against balls I've played in the recent past. They seem (with the reduction in driver spin) like they'd be right up my alley - very tempted to just pull the trigger on the 5 dozen to get the best price. Anyone know if Snell runs any promos around the beginning of the season or maybe a big tournament (the Players or the Masters)?

Man, I forgot about these already.

Definitely want to get hands on them though, hoping they're everything I wanted the Red to be.

I actually stopped by the shop yesterday and they will not be in house until the 1st 2nd week in April.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Im still really enjoying the MTB Black but will definitely grab a box of these to try on the next re-up

I played a round yesterday using the MTB Black with my new Mizuno ST 190 HL driver and CLK hybrids. For whatever reason, the Mizunos seemed to like the MTB. My distance off the tee was better (surely it can't be because I might be swinging better), and the balls were holding the greens better. I've ordered a test pack and can't wait to try the new MTB-X with the Mizunos.

Really excited for these to get out there and to see some results versus more models then just the Pro V1 test that MyGolfSpy did.

Really excited for these to get out there and to see some results versus more models then just the Pro V1 test that MyGolfSpy did.

I would love to see them tested vs. the TP5.

I ordered a test pack of the Black and X about a month ago. I got an email yesterday saying they have shipped and will be here tomorrow, 4/4. I will post some pictures once they arrive.

Anyone else expecting some of the MTB-X's soon?

I ordered a test pack of the Black and X about a month ago. I got an email yesterday saying they have shipped and will be here tomorrow, 4/4. I will post some pictures once they arrive.

Anyone else expecting some of the MTB-X's soon?

Yes. I got the same message. I ordered the test pack with the MTB Black and the MTB-X, both in yellow.

I have a test dozen of these coming on Monday. Anyone receive theirs yet? Any initial impressions?

I have a test dozen of these coming on Monday. Anyone receive theirs yet? Any initial impressions?

I received mine yesterday, but won't be able to hit them until Monday, if then.

I got mine yesterday, but haven't been able to play them yet. They look very good out of the box, and I cant wait to get them on the course.

I just ordered a few dozen of these. They don't ship til mid April in Canada but I'm excited to get them on the course and test them against the MTB black.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Excited to read THPers thoughts on the MTB-X!

My Test Pack was delivered yesterday. At this point all I've been able to do is un-box and take a look, but at first sight the balls seem pretty much like every other premium ball. Excited to get them on the course see how they compare this weekend.

I got my test pack on Monday...I will try them out this weekend. I also ordered a glove that looks to be of very good quality too.

I am a big fan of the black; the red didn't do much for me. I do appreciate Mr. Snell thanking me by name for ordering them. He writes right on the invoice; classy move.

I got my test pack on Monday...I will try them out this weekend. I also ordered a glove that looks to be of very good quality too.

I am a big fan of the black; the red didn't do much for me. I do appreciate Mr. Snell thanking me by name for ordering them. He writes right on the invoice; classy move.

I thought the same thing about Mr. Snell thanking me by name. Today, I got a chance to to hit the MTB-X from my test pack. I wasn't striking the ball particularly well, but even so, I don't think the X is well-suited to my swing. I'm better off playing the Black.

Agreed. I received my dozen of the MTB Black to test out. It was pretty nice to get a hand written thank you from him.

I thought the same thing about Mr. Snell thanking me by name. Today, I got a chance to to hit the MTB-X from my test pack. I wasn't striking the ball particularly well, but even so, I don't think the X is well-suited to my swing. I'm better off playing the Black.

What's you're "normal" swing/"normal" miss? What were you seeing as the major differences results-wise between the Black and the X in your early testing?

What's you're "normal" swing/"normal" miss? What were you seeing as the major differences results-wise between the Black and the X in your early testing?

My "normal" swing is a deliberate swing that generates a relatively straight, mid-level height shot. My "normal" miss is a push. It's a little early in my testing, but I seem to lose a bit a distance with the X and tend to push it more often, if not fade it, especially with my irons (not so much with my woods and hybrids). The Black rolls out a bit better for me, and that is likely better suited to my game. As I said though, it's a little early in the testing to say for sure which is better for me.

I have really enjoyed the MTB black but online ordering being the only way to get the ball will keep a big demographic from getting thier hands on the ball. Maybe the limited market share is ok for his needs but he is leaving alot of customers out of the loop.
Personally I really dont like having to order them when I'm getting low. I enjoy being in a golf shop and buying balls over the counter. Balls that are readily available.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have really enjoyed the MTB black but online ordering being the only way to get the ball will keep a big demographic from getting thier hands on the ball. Maybe the limited market share is ok for his needs but he is leaving alot of customers out of the loop.
Personally I really dont like having to order them when I'm getting low. I enjoy being in a golf shop and buying balls over the counter. Balls that are readily available.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Just to play devil's advocate here... If not having them in stores really does save them money (and ostensibly it does) and therefore allow them to sell at a lower price point, does that outweigh the "inconvenience" of having to order online? This may just be me, but I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've bought golf balls at a brick and mortar store in the last two seasons. The free two-day shipping has gotta help that too, no?

I am not saying this as a Snell fanboy (in fact, my first shot with one of their balls will come this weekend), but it seems like we buy more and more online, so I honestly don't see this as any different.

Back