Cobra KING MIM Wedges

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Those 2 have forgot more about golf than I'll ever know; great video teaching us about the mim process. The wedges look fantastic.

Great looking wegdes. Thanks JB

I saw them in person last week and they are pretty. Yags has them working so I know they perform too - I may need to acquire a set for testing purposes.

I really like what I'm reading about these. They are really sharp looking but the comment about being the softest feeling wedge the industry has seen really grabbed my attention, that sounds like it's right up my alley.

Did our Morgan Cuppers happen to get a chance to hit these?

And here is a shot of them from the PGA show.
876e2a340a5a38ebca3aabb71aa1cce0.jpg

I really like what I'm reading about these. They are really sharp looking but the comment about being the softest feeling wedge the industry has seen really grabbed my attention, that sounds like it's right up my alley.

Did our Morgan Cuppers happen to get a chance to hit these?

You know, it never dawned on me to ask Mike to use one on the range. I’m disappointed with myself on that one.

It’s easy to tell Vrska is genuinely excited about the new manufacturing process Cobra is using. Wonder if MIM will make its way into their future product lines.

Btw, liked the intro. Very sharp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will probably be looking for new wedges as my ATV are starting to finally go, and my love of Cobra gear makes these very intriguing

Great looking wedges, just not very excited that they are MIM. Thought they would cost less for being MIM? IDK

cobra's message is very interesting right now, but it's working. on one hand they're setting themselves apart for their process geared toward maximum consistency. that's an interesting message because it's like, "you never knew you needed this before, but trust us, you do!" but then they still have the cool, tech factor with f9 speedback. it seems like it's usually one - consistency - other the other - cool kid on the block - but not both, but i think they're really successful in their approach.

I am just getting acquainted with the versatile grind 60 degree Cobra Black wedge as part of my Morgan Cup gear. The wedge is performing fabulously. If I were in the market for a new wedge, this new MIM wedge would be right at the top of my list.

Great looking wedges, just not very excited that they are MIM. Thought they would cost less for being MIM? IDK

The trend within the industry is new technology equals a price bump. I feel it is fair to pay for all of the work that goes into developing an improved product.

Never played a Cobra wedge however this might change. Like the looks of the MIM, we'll see how it feels.

Love some Cobra wedges; have for years. These look really, really slick, the K-grind is legit, and I've been on the hunt for a new gap wedge for awhile. I'm interested to see how these stack up against the Pur wedges, which I really like.

I don't know much about Cobra wedges, but these look pretty cool. I'm surprised that this is the first golf company to do MIM. It's been done for gun parts for a while.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I don't know much about Cobra wedges, but these look pretty cool. I'm surprised that this is the first golf company to do MIM. It's been done for gun parts for a while.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

In wedges yes, but not in clubs, which Jose references in the video. Callaway used MIM tungsten starting in the EPIC irons.

Master Yags had these in the bag. Talking to him about the wedge was fabulous. These things feel awesome and are softer than you can imagine off the face. Probably one of the nicest feeling wedges I've ever used.

Really like the look and what I'm reading about these. I bought a set of RTX 3's last year that I'm kind of iffy about. Might be in the market later this year if things don't change

Interesting stuff. Ton of tech packed into these. I’d be curious about the forgiveness on these compared to my CBX wedges.

I see it listed on Cobra's site, but no OL variant. Is there info either way on whether it will come in OL or not?

In wedges yes, but not in clubs, which Jose references in the video. Callaway used MIM tungsten starting in the EPIC irons.

Thanks. I watched the video, but with a daughter out of school on Spring Break hanging on me.

I'm curious as to how these hold up. As someone else mentioned, MIM has been used in firearms for some time. However, it is generally NOT recommended for wear parts because the metal is not as strong as a solid forging (billet or otherwise).

Really cool story/tech behind these...impossible not to be intrigued.

I saw them in person last week and they are pretty. Yags has them working so I know they perform too - I may need to acquire a set for testing purposes.

Dang it, I missed Yags' wedges. I should have snagged them from his bag while he was passed out on the beach.

Back