Truvis Immortal with Budget Golf: 2019 THP Championship

Enriched Nun Musk....while it doesn’t match our names, the more I picture a Nun and their associated musk, I can’t help but laugh

Here's a look at myself doing some prep work last week:
e7fd03f666e02aeb2cf069bc40f65396.jpg

I commend you for trecking in that to even attempt to try and find your ball.

I commend you for trecking in that to even attempt to try and find your ball.

Found it, took 3 swings to move it 2 inches, carded a 9 and moved on. I normally wouldn't even look but pace was super slow that day so nowhere to go.

Found it, took 3 swings to move it 2 inches, carded a 9 and moved on. I normally wouldn't even look but pace was super slow that day so nowhere to go.

hell I would have carded 9 and celebrated

Today on Flyover Friday .........

I just couldn't wait this week, so will post the 11th and 12th for us all to preview:

https://player.vimeo.com/video/144185295

hole_by_hole_11.png

Reminiscent of the famed 13th hole at Augusta National, this beautifully sculpted par 5
winds to the left following Fernan Creek, a revitalized trout stream that flows in both
directions depending on the season. Big hitters have a chance to go for the green in two
—but the risks are numerous. Towering pine trees guard the right side of the fairway,
demanding accuracy as the fairway slopes towards the lateral water hazard down the left.

The approach shot is all carry as the creek cuts in front, around the right side and behind
this dramatic, three-tiered green, accessible by three bridges. A small bunker protects the
green on the back side.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

https://player.vimeo.com/video/144556587

hole_by_hole_12.png

This long, mildly downhill par 3 features a well-fortified, tiered green. With the mouth of
Fernan Creek winding down the left, behind and back around to the right side of the green,
forgiveness is not a luxury on this hole. A bunker on the front left and a grass basin on the
front right add to the abounding danger looming around the green.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I just couldn't wait this week, so will post the 11th and 12th for us all to preview:

https://player.vimeo.com/video/144185295

hole_by_hole_11.png

Reminiscent of the famed 13th hole at Augusta National, this beautifully sculpted par 5
winds to the left following Fernan Creek, a revitalized trout stream that flows in both
directions depending on the season. Big hitters have a chance to go for the green in two
—but the risks are numerous. Towering pine trees guard the right side of the fairway,
demanding accuracy as the fairway slopes towards the lateral water hazard down the left.

The approach shot is all carry as the creek cuts in front, around the right side and behind
this dramatic, three-tiered green, accessible by three bridges. A small bunker protects the
green on the back side.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/144556587

hole_by_hole_12.png

This long, mildly downhill par 3 features a well-fortified, tiered green. With the mouth of
Fernan Creek winding down the left, behind and back around to the right side of the green,
forgiveness is not a luxury on this hole. A bunker on the front left and a grass basin on the
front right add to the abounding danger looming around the green.

I know 13 and 14 are going to be the favorites for most people, but how awesome are these 2 that start the stretch of water holes at CD'A? I'd wager that number 11 is going to have the highest average score over the course of the weekend.

Looking at just those two holes I'm starting to wonder how many balls I'll need to bring to play this course (twice)! I might need a separate carry on just for my extra balls, sigh...

I know 13 and 14 are going to be the favorites for most people, but how awesome are these 2 that start the stretch of water holes at CD'A? I'd wager that number 11 is going to have the highest average score over the course of the weekend.

Looking at just those two holes I'm starting to wonder how many balls I'll need to bring to play this course (twice)! I might need a separate carry on just for my extra balls, sigh...

Question for @JB:
0JIYg8P.gif

Last edited:

my left-right ball flight cringes at those holes.

A long downhill par-3 with water behind the green? Sure, why not!

This is the best collection of par 3s I've ever seen.

A long downhill par-3 with water behind the green? Sure, why not!

This is the best collection of par 3s I've ever seen.

Yeah, it's not even close. Prior to the event all I knew about CD'A is the 14th but now I'm thinking of this place as 'the home of the par 3!'

It looks so great. I hope the fairways are wider than the 10 yards that they appear in the videos.

Got my first lesson in about 25 years coming up this afternoon. Should be interesting.

Is it just me, or are you guys tired about hearing "for the big hitters.....". How about "for you schmucks who shank it......". Lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I’m gonna bring about 3 dozen but I saw that there’s a dicks sporting goods in Spokane... just in case LOL

I’m gonna bring about 3 dozen but I saw that there’s a dicks sporting goods in Spokane... just in case LOL

Part of the swag list is one dozen Callaway balls. I will probably also bring a dozen ERC and dozen CSXTT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my first lesson in about 25 years coming up this afternoon. Should be interesting.

Let us know how it goes. I have been thinking about taking some lessons.

I thought he said they creating new tees 40 yards behind the tips just for us!

Hahah.
We swear the live update threads from other events don't bite, and almost all of them talk about yardage : )

Picked up a dozen Green CS truvis, getting into the spirit of things.

Let us know how it goes. I have been thinking about taking some lessons.

It was good, simplified a lot of the adjustments I was tweaking back and forth trying to figure out things on my own. Swing path wasnt really an issue like I thought it was rather I was leaving the face open trying to force an inside out swing. Now got a month to lock it down again.

Back