Truvis Immortal with Budget Golf: 2019 THP Championship

JDax;n8876033 said:
Hey guys... How is everyone�s prep coming?

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com\/20190813\/67d176ed79275afee934a9156269082c.gif"}[/IMG2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I lost a stroke in putting and am feeling much more confident on the greens. The only thing holding me back now is that I am still a horrible golfer.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

9a2bc4bd098718a50358613ac7fdf864.jpg

JDax;n8876033 said:
Hey guys... How is everyone’s prep coming?

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com\/20190813\/67d176ed79275afee934a9156269082c.gif"}[/IMG2]

I'm confident I can hit draws and fades precisely when I don't need to

JDax;n8876033 said:

67d176ed79275afee934a9156269082c.gif

At my lesson today my instructor asked if maybe I had thought about taking up bowling. So great?

JDax;n8876033 said:

Well I saw a post on IG from Duffer Waldorf horseback riding so #DerbyDuffers should at least make the field of 20 in the 2020 Kentucky Derby.

Oh you meant Golf!!! Well we are in that field of 20 also.

I'm not doing my handicap any favors. Just shot an 87. It's getting artificially low

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

millsan1;n8877064 said:
I'm not doing my handicap any favors. Just shot an 87. It's getting artificially low
Great job! Unless you didn’t actually shoot an 87, your cap isn’t artificially low, you are just getting better ;)

I am 11.3 and shot a 77 (9.1 diff) on August 4th and an 86 (15.9 diff) on August 11th. One day I will look like a sandbagger and another day I look like I have a vanity cap. It is just golf.

oumagic;n8877108 said:
Great job! Unless you didn’t actually shoot an 87, your cap isn’t artificially low, you are just getting better ;)

I am 11.3 and shot a 77 (9.1 diff) on August 4th and an 86 (15.9 diff) on August 11th. One day I will look like a sandbagger and another day I look like I have a vanity cap. It is just golf.

hell yeah, truth be told 3/4 of us are above a 10 handicap and there is a lot of variability with that. I've been told whiskey on the course is the great equalizer so shots on the first hole!

baylrballa;n8877129 said:
hell yeah, truth be told 3/4 of us are above a 10 handicap and there is a lot of variability with that. I've been told whiskey on the course is the great equalizer so shots on the first hole!
Yeah, last 4 rounds, all within 7 days of each other:

Why?

Because golf.

I am really just looking forward to playing with you guys and enjoying the event.

If I shoot well, awesome. If I don't, still fine.

I will do the best I can on the days we play. Let the chips fall where they may.

But I will **** talk. Can't help that. Best part of the game sometimes.

My prep has mostly just been hitting into the net in the backyard when I can, putting, and exercising some. None have been done as much as I like, life's been hectic. I should get another round in this weekend I think, just have to figure out where. I feel good about a lot of things with how I played the last round. Hoping I can bring that to CDA.

I'm so looking forward to this though. It's going to be a great time and so much fun!

92 today, but had a 43 front. Gave away 10 strokes in 3 holes. Gross. 40 away on a par 5 and took a snowman. Impressive.

millsan1;n8878032 said:
92 today, but had a 43 front. Gave away 10 strokes in 3 holes. Gross. 40 away on a par 5 and took a snowman. Impressive.

Sunday on par 5’s: missed a two foot birdie putt on first one. On second one, I was just short of the green side bunker in two, chunked it into bunker and ended up with a double. Those are character building holes is what I like to believe. Good job on the 43!!

Last edited:
[IMG2=JSON]{"alt":"Logo","data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Powered by vBulletin","src":"https:\/\/www.thehackersparadise.com\/forum\/filedata\/fetch?filedataid=35635"}[/IMG2]​
I had a good stretch going late June through mid-July, three rounds in the 80s and two in the low 90s. The five rounds since then have been a disaster, three high 90s and two well into the 100s .......

5cf0a238880cf93e6eea80adb9ac07e3.gif

I’m still having a hard time grasping that the winners will get to design and sell their own Truvis balls. Like what is this madness!?

zbeekner4;n8878138 said:
I’m still having a hard time grasping that the winners will get to design and sell their own Truvis balls. Like what is this madness!?

I can't believe I will have to purchase a dozen balls designed by a team that whipped my butt.

is what everyone else will be saying, right @MoparMan?

Boom goes the dynamite.

zbeekner4;n8878138 said:

It doesn'’t seem real and no one I tell at the course really believes me. If I weren'’t going and had not followed some of the live events here, I probably wouldn’'t believe it either. Budget and Callaway teaming up on this event and it being held where it is: WOW! I am glad my wife agreed that it was a golden opportunity and isn’'t upset that I will be gone on our 21st anniversary.

Last edited:
oumagic;n8878150 said:
It doesn’t seem real and no one I tell at the course really believes me. If I weren’t going and had not followed some of the live events here, I probably wouldn’t believe it either. Budget and Callaway teaming up on this event and it being held where it is: WOW! I am glad my wife agreed that it was a golden opportunity and isn’t upset that I will be gone on our 21st anniversary.

Guys - this event, like all THP Events, will be infreakingcredible! Please breathe deeply, hydrate, drink until you need more hydration, and SOAK UP EVERY-EVER-LOVIN-MOMENT as if God is watching. That's all!

Attachments

• photo35883.jpg
    photo35883.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo35884.jpg
    photo35884.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 0
Seeing all these holes I am excited to think about how many Sandie opportunities there will be, LOL.

NullNomad;n8878339 said:
Whats the over/under for people playing from the other fairway on 15 after a nasty tee shot...

What do we have, 6 foursomes? I would like to say the O/U should be set at about 4-5, but this is a (relatively) short par-5 with a tailwind that follows the island green. There are going to be a few of us out there trying to get a stroke back so I'm going to say 9.

The short length of the par 5 will lead me to attempt a massive bomb with driver off the tee, even though the smart play is probably a hybrid. You can find me in the trees on the right. Send help.

NullNomad;n8878339 said:
Whats the over/under for people playing from the other fairway on 15 after a nasty tee shot...

I like the over/under for the longest putt on #15. 160ft opportunity.

ArmyGolf;n8878445 said:
The short length of the par 5 will lead me to attempt a massive bomb with driver off the tee, even though the smart play is probably a hybrid. You can find me in the trees on the right. Send help.

I always find a way to double those easy looking, short par 5s

baylrballa;n8878520 said:
I always find a way to double those easy looking, short par 5s
Amen brother

Back