Truvis Immortal with Budget Golf: 2019 THP Championship

MattyDMPLS;n8887302 said:
#17 240-260 par 4s are fun! I bet we see 5-6 shot variance on that one.

I feel like I need to hunt down a 7 wood just for that hole.

baylrballa;n8887479 said:
I feel like I need to hunt down a 7 wood just for that hole.

....I was thinking the same thing...

I need something I can hit straight. 17 looks tight.

#18 is enticing!

MattyDMPLS;n8887302 said:
#17 240-260 par 4s are fun! I bet we see 5-6 shot variance on that one.

It’s nice to see some dog legs that go left.

OldeDude;n8885291 said:
JasonFinleyCG ready to find that Triple Track after the tee shot on #14?

First, very doubtful I will hit it in the water, second, if it does happen, I am pretty good on ball supply and would consider it ball seeding if it does go in the water and spend as much time looking for the ball as I will any Iron Covers.

Do iron covers float?
And if nobody knows, I believe Jason’s test is strictly for science.

JB;n8887838 said:
Do iron covers float?

I guess I will need to keep my distance from Mr. Finley. Don't need my iron covers at the bottom of Lake Coeur d'alene.

MagicSpell;n8881268 said:
So, just wondering... is anyone planning on gaming a ball OTHER than Truvis?
I mean, the event has the product name in it, we are getting a dozen for free, the guy responsible for Callaway balls is playing in the event and Callaway is providing a pretty big prize package to the winners...might maybe be a nice thing for everyone to give the Truvis a try for the weekend.

checkered I am pretty sure Callaway is having wedges made for our team! This is beautiful!

Attachments

• photo36337.jpg
    photo36337.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 0
JasonFinleyCG;n8887826 said:
First, very doubtful I will hit it in the water, second, if it does happen, I am pretty good on ball supply and would consider it ball seeding if it does go in the water and spend as much time looking for the ball as I will any Iron Covers.

Okay, so if JasonFinleyCG does hit it in the water on #14 does he win these ......
callaway-premium-golf-iron-head-covers-x-9-fits-all-callaway-iron-models.gif

MattyDMPLS;n8888079 said:
checkered I am pretty sure Callaway is having wedges made for our team! This is beautiful!

Dude I saw that and thought the same thing. So sweet looking wedges. One can dream right?

JB;n8887838 said:
Do iron covers float?

I can bring some extras if he happens to lose his.

tequila4kapp ;n8888074 said:
the guy responsible for Callaway balls is playing in the event

...and playing Triple Track. Never tried TT, but I know it would be more beneficial to me, the way I use my own lines, than Truvis. This seems like a good time to try the ERC Soft. If they ever put TT on Supersofts, I may never buy another kind of ball again.

tequila4kapp;n8888074 said:
I mean, the event has the product name in it, we are getting a dozen for free, the guy responsible for Callaway balls is playing in the event and Callaway is providing a pretty big prize package to the winners...might maybe be a nice thing for everyone to give the Truvis a try for the weekend.
I might give them a whirl if indeed they are the dozen we get; it doesn’t actually say that we get a dozen Truvis, but I agree that it is likely considering the name of the event.

Mr. Finley says he is bringing some Chromesoft X with Triple Track to play and I don’t think he will be offended if I do as well. In fact, if I go out and buy some Truvis just to please Mr. Finley, that might put me in the lead for the Greyhound ticket home.

I bought a dozen CSXTT from Budget Golf last week for the event. Honestly, if the Precept Laddie was my favorite ball, I would probably bring a dozen of those to hit.

Last edited:
oumagic;n8888270 said:
I bought a dozen CSXTT from Budget Golf last week for the event. Honestly, if the Precept Laddie was my favorite ball, I would probably bring a dozen of those to hit.

Yeah, this is fair. I bought some Truvis Stars & Stripes for the event because well... I freaking love playing the CS Truvis. I wouldn't begrudge another player for putting his preferred ball in play considering this is a competition, after all.

KingVeo;n8888347 said:
Yeah, this is fair. I bought some Truvis Stars & Stripes for the event because well... I freaking love playing the CS Truvis. I wouldn't begrudge another player for putting his preferred ball in play considering this is a competition, after all.

This is a Budget Golf event. If its available on Budget Golf, it is fair game of course. Callaway being present is a bonus for THPers, because of the amazing access to great people at a wonderful company and the ridiculous prize on the line. I also have a feeling post event, more people will be trying out the Chrome Soft lineup.

Now if I was playing with Budget Golf wearing a Kirkland glove and balls, I might second guess myself...Or pay for dinner Friday night.

Duffer Waldorf;n8888212 said:
...and playing Triple Track. Never tried TT, but I know it would be more beneficial to me, the way I use my own lines, than Truvis. This seems like a good time to try the ERC Soft. If they ever put TT on Supersofts, I may never buy another kind of ball again.

I will bring some ERC if you want to try them. I have been bouncing between the yellow ERC and white CSXTT and like them both. If CSXTT was available in yellow, I would buy multiple dozens.

I grabbed a Bridgestone e12 Soft out of my bag for a provisional the other day. I hit the ball fine and like that ball a lot. But when I got to the green, I felt lost without TT. That is the only reason I hesitate to play Truvis in the event; I think I will need some time adjusting to life without TT if I ever move to another ball. I have been playing with a line for 10 years; I don’t know why that seems woefully insufficient to me after TT, but it does. Obviously, like any equipment, it is not for everyone. But I LOVE it.

pretty convinced if I can get on the course I will play CDA Friday morning. Might just prebook it to be sure, anyone else interested?

reserved 9:20 tee time, there is plenty of room it appears as I am the only one at that time so far.

Had the pleasure of teeing it up w the illusionists today. oumagic and MagicSpell. MagicSpell was able to make the ball disappear in the hole on a fantastic pitch. Too bad no one saw it. Shot of the day.

jim54;n8889414 said:
reserved 9:20 tee time, there is plenty of room it appears as I am the only one at that time so far.

Wish I could join you, but I don't get into town until much later in the day.

Too bad, it looks like a pre round massage is included!! I figure I will never travel to Idaho again to play golf so why not get the full monty.

If anyone has played there before, what does a forecaddie cost tip wise? it is also included, but having never used one before I have no idea what to tip. Is it a percentage of the green fee normally? I don't want to cheap the guy, but also not overdue it.

Back