Truvis Immortal with Budget Golf: 2019 THP Championship

Wildcat4life;n8889438 said:
Had the pleasure of teeing it up w the illusionists today. oumagic and MagicSpell. MagicSpell was able to make the ball disappear in the hole on a fantastic pitch. Too bad no one saw it. Shot of the day.

Great playing with you guys today. I am even more excited to play in Idaho than I was before today and I didn’t think that was possible!

JB;n8888349 said:
Now if I was playing with Budget Golf wearing a Kirkland glove and balls, I might second guess myself...Or pay for dinner Friday night.
Dang, have you been watching my last couple of rounds?

ArmyGolf;n8889592 said:
My last few 9s have been: 35, 47, 54, 35, 44.
LOL I'm a disaster.

I resemble that remark: 41, 36, 41, 45, 43, 48.

I don’t know if this counts as insider trading, but Callaway stock might jump up a little tomorrow after I lost 8 today!

ArmyGolf;n8889592 said:
My last few 9s have been: 35, 47, 54, 35, 44.
LOL I'm a disaster.

Rounding right into form

oumagic;n8889637 said:
I resemble that remark: 41, 36, 41, 45, 43, 48.

I don�t know if this counts as insider trading, but Callaway stock might jump up a little tomorrow after I lost 8 today!
Finleys going to hate this, but I shot 101 yesterday with the same ball lol. That's just bad for business.

jim54;n8889456 said:
If anyone has played there before, what does a forecaddie cost tip wise? it is also included, but having never used one before I have no idea what to tip. Is it a percentage of the green fee normally? I don't want to cheap the guy, but also not overdue it.

I was wondering the same for the weekend. Maybe a call to the CDA course for some input. I know when I played Pebble Beach they gave a "suggested range" for tipping caddies when asked (basically saying "most people tip $XX or more").

jim54;n8889456 said:
If anyone has played there before, what does a forecaddie cost tip wise? it is also included, but having never used one before I have no idea what to tip. Is it a percentage of the green fee normally? I don't want to cheap the guy, but also not overdue it.

Not specific to CDA but rule of thumb for a forecaddie from what I've heard is typically about $20-25/pp for a foursome. The pro shop at Harbour Town GL recommended $25-30/pp for their required forecaddies when I asked about a year or two ago.

ArmyGolf;n8889643 said:
Finleys going to hate this, but I shot 101 yesterday with the same ball lol. That's just bad for business.

*COUGH* sandbagger *COUGH*

jim54;n8889456 said:

Never played there, but I have usually give $20 myself if the caddie is decent. If they are good I will give more than that, had one guy really bust his hump so I gave him $40.

mancest;n8890475 said:
*COUGH* sandbagger *COUGH*
I wish I could say I was bagging, but sadly it was a league round that torpedoed my season. Gross.

KingVeo;n8890412 said:
Not specific to CDA but rule of thumb for a forecaddie from what I've heard is typically about $20-25/pp for a foursome. The pro shop at Harbour Town GL recommended $25-30/pp for their required forecaddies when I asked about a year or two ago.

hmm, if no one else joins I will be alone. But my usual form is to be very early so maybe join up with another group, after the massage that is..

My club tournament was this weekend and I played really good for 30 of the 36 holes and lost by 1 with a lost ball in a tree and made a triple. Ahhhhh 149 +7. Hit a good putt from 40 feet that was tracking, the putt just slid by to join the playoff.

Any other club tournament results from the participants?

KingVeo;n8890412 said:

MagicSpell;n8890465 said:
This article is a few years old but it suggests anywhere from $50 - $100 total (split evenly amongst the players).
https://www.pga.com/news/news-feature/guide-tipping-golf-course

So you're saying us old guys probably shouldn't flip the guy a quarter and say "There you go young fella, don't spend it all in one place." :laughing:

I have played a few courses with big lakes on them or near it and all of the greens broke towards them, even if the the slope is going the opposite direction. It screws with your mind! Hopefully the forecaddies will have some insight into that!

We are at about 11 days out. Starting to get real. Went and had a couple of shafts refitted with new sleeves as I am still trying to get dialed in with a driver. Currently not carrying any fairway woods, so if it gets bad it will be hybrids off the tee. Sorry Veo, not trying to terrify you intentionally.

Trying to stop tinkering before this thing but the CPO drop of their new stuff got me. Going to give the new stroke lab and 60* some run this week, but early returns are promising.

Another day closer, even more excited. I am so pumped. I need this and am going to enjoy every minute of it.

baylrballa;n8890904 said:
Trying to stop tinkering before this thing but the CPO drop of their new stuff got me. Going to give the new stroke lab and 60* some run this week, but early returns are promising.

I just bought the TMade hi-toe and it is going in the bag immediately. What stroke lab did you buy?

MattyDMPLS;n8891047 said:
I just bought the TMade hi-toe and it is going in the bag immediately. What stroke lab did you buy?

One. I've been staring at them all year saying when they get to $150 I'm in, and they did.

time4tim;n8890898 said:
We are at about 11 days out. Starting to get real. Went and had a couple of shafts refitted with new sleeves as I am still trying to get dialed in with a driver. Currently not carrying any fairway woods, so if it gets bad it will be hybrids off the tee. Sorry Veo, not trying to terrify you intentionally.

Nothing will put you more at ease with your driving ability than seeing me hit mine. You got this!

With no fw's in the bag, what have you added? Extra hybrids or wedges?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This became more real, as I packaged up my sticks and dropped them off this morning to fed ex. I said to myself, see you in Idaho next week guys! Hope they make it LOL first time using shipsticks... Anyone else using ship sticks?

No changes in my bag going into this. I have enough variables with my game as it is. It will be nice not having to worry about how my clubs are handled on the way for a change. :D

KingVeo;n8891058 said:
Nothing will put you more at ease with your driving ability than seeing me hit mine. You got this!

With no fw's in the bag, what have you added? Extra hybrids or wedges?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Driver, 3/4/5 hybrids/ 6-AW/SW/LW/Putter. One spot open right now. Hoping to stop at Golf Galaxy this weekend, so things could change.

Back