Callaway Chrome Soft X with Triple Track Technology

Your logic sounds spot on, as usual.

I could be way off, but that is what my head told me : )
Although its pretty crazy up there most of the time.

I could be way off, but that is what my head told me : )
Although its pretty crazy up there most of the time.

I wonder how much overlap there would be with the ERC and Chromesoft. I know the ERC isn't a urethane ball, but it is a soft ball with medium spin and the chromesoft is the lower spinning ball between the chromesoft and x.

I know they are different categories, but I think there maybe some confusion for the low info consumer.

I'm all in on triple track. No lie it's been a huge help to me with the driver. Helps with the putter as well but I'm hitting the driver better than ever the last 3 rounds and I think the triple track is a major reason why.

I am all in on this, as I already play CSX and always put a line on the ball to help with my alignment. I'm just wondering if I can take the 2 dozen CSX I have in my closet now and trade them in for the new version with Triple Track.

I cant answer that with any facts right now, but if I had to guess, it would be this.
There are only so many machines that can make Truvis and Triple Track. With the balls selling extremely well, release the ball that Phil was using, as it was asked for by golfers and then as expansion comes out, it can grow further.
@JasonFinleyCG can tell me how close my guess is.

This is part of it for sure and close. Bottom line, based on early feedback on TT from Tour and Phil, CSX made sense as the starting point. Capacity also plays a role as we wanted to get something in market for the heart of the season and CS is bigger so would have been more of a challenge to do that and execute it well.

In summary, anyone who is an "X player" should certainly give this ball a shot.

I have a dozen of the ERC to try out against my chrome softs. If I end up liking chrome soft better, but like the Triple track, I could see myself switching from Truvis (maybe) to go chrome soft and triple track when (if) it comes out.

Lined up the triple track in the house yesterday, and if results transfer from family room floor to putting green, this triple track might be a big boost in helping me line up putts...

Glad they are expanding to the x...

Me personally haven't really seen any true improvement for me in my putting with the ERC due to TT. If anything, it gives me just another thing to think about haha. Not saying it isn't good. I know that's a big issue for the majority, proper alignment and what not, but I like to just be a little more free thinking and visualize. PLus I love truvis haha.

happy for those wanting it in the csx though. should help many

Mashing up a great ball with a great feature is an awesome move for them, bringing the best of 2 worlds and they'll surely capture a lot of consumers

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This certainly makes it way more likely for me to try a couple. I love the chrome soft X.

I’m absolutely going to give these a try.

This may be the perfect golf ball. Can't wait to some used ones get out there, so I can get some.

I need to give these a try for sure. Love the iteration of triple track on the ERC but the Chrome Soft would be my gamer for sure. My putting blows, so unless someone is allowed to hit it for me at somepoint.....I might as well get all the additional help i can haha

I will 100% buy these when they come out in the regular CS. I got in a little short game work on Saturday with the ERCs and my Truvis balls. I do like the TTT but the ERCs just don't have the same greenside feel and performance I get from the CS Truvis balls.

Callaway is great at taking advantage of something that is hot right now. Phil having this on his ball was a huge boost to the TTT. Personally I'm more of a single line guy myself.

Im happy to see the triple track going into other lines. The X isnt the ball for me so I’ll wait for it to be added to the CS, then purchase some once I’m through my big supply of ERCs

Smart move here bringing it to the CS family

Seems like the logical move. I'm still torn on the triple track for my game personally, but I'm in the "testing" phase of it.

I'm a big fan of the CS. I tried the ERC Soft for the first time last Friday. I liked the ball well enough on full shots. I really liked the TTT on the green but it was a bit of an odd look in the fairway when the lines were askew. That'll take some getting used to because I think the lines are that much of a benefit to me on the green. As soon as I can get my hands on a sleeve of the CSx with TTT, I'll give it a go.

Custard, good. Jam, good. Beef GOOD!

I'm pumped to see them expand to the CSX. I've got a few dozen Chrome Soft sitting around yet I still might pick up a dozen with TT because of how good it lines up short putts. Well done Callaway!

PM me you address and I'll send you a dozen after their release on the 19th...

PM me you address and I'll send you a dozen after their release on the 19th...

Sounds good! I'll be honest, I forgot about that whole thing. I'm glad you brought it up :act-up:

I love it! Glad to see this one coming to market, now I’m really hoping they add this to the regular CS.
I'm hoping for the same! The TTT really does help!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I've gone through 2 sleeves of ERC, my handicap dropped a stroke. If they put TTT on the CS, I'd go back to them. They will have to drop the ERC price $5-$10 if they issue the CS with TTT.

This will make my decision easier as far as ball rotation goes!

I spent some time on the putting green over lunch with the ERC practicing with the Triple Track and it got me even more excited about this announcement. You wouldn't think 3 little lines could make that big of a difference but man it seems to make putts 6 feet and under so much easier. This could be huge for my game this year.

Back