Callaway Chrome Soft X with Triple Track Technology

I spent some time on the putting green over lunch with the ERC practicing with the Triple Track and it got me even more excited about this announcement. You wouldn't think 3 little lines could make that big of a difference but man it seems to make putts 6 feet and under so much easier. This could be huge for my game this year.

It’s so strange. I didn’t think I would like it, but so far really have.

Last time I was in PGA Superstore they had balls(E.R.C Soft) on the putting green with the triple track. I hadn't tried one so I lined up my putt and a salesman walking by made a snarky comment about slow play and how this was going to make it worse.

Still I want to try this on putts in the 3-8 feet range to see if there is an improvement.

It’s so strange. I didn’t think I would like it, but so far really have.

I thought it would be gimmicky but not at all. Its really surprising to me how much easier it is to line 3 lines up vs. the traditional 1 line.

I thought it would be gimmicky but not at all. Its really surprising to me how much easier it is to line 3 lines up vs. the traditional 1 line.

Me too. And I’m a person that used no lines only white ball previously. I have also been known to use it on the tee box as a reminder to swing out.

After using triple track in SC and the last few days here, I really do think I might make the move to the CSx as the only thing I don’t like with the ERC is into greens.

Smart move Callaway. Smart move. Strike while the iron is hot.

Doing the same thing, I think. Although so far I’ve had no issues with the ERC on our greens. They are still pretty soft so I will pick up a dozen just in case. I love the lines for putting and the ability rotate and not see them on tee shots!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was inevitable but I didn't think we'd see them so soon. Sounds like there is a ton of interest, though, so that's awesome for Callaway. I need to try using TTT on the greens (and tee) more.

So yesterday I attended the Ball Speed Blitz and someone asked an excellent question:
"If you play a Chrome Soft X and you need to replace your ball, Can you replace it with a Chrome Soft X with TTT?"
@JasonFinelyCG response "No. Because the CSx TTT is on the USGA conforming list has having an "Alignment Aid" where as the all White CSx does not so it would not be an equal ball replacement"

Interesting was that you could replace a White CSx with a White CSx Truvis because the USGA considers the Truvis pattern to be a "Logo"

I'm seriously contemplating gaming these this year. Which I never expected.

So, I’m still on this.

I think I could use Triple Track all season if in a ball like this.

April 19 I may need to grab a couple dozen.

So, I’m still on this.

I think I could use Triple Track all season if in a ball like this.

April 19 I may need to grab a couple dozen.

It's going to be my gamer for sure. I played the Chrome Soft X all day yesterday and missed having the Triple Track for some short putts. It's going to be such a great combination.

It's going to be my gamer for sure. I played the Chrome Soft X all day yesterday and missed having the Triple Track for some short putts. It's going to be such a great combination.

I’m surprised we haven’t seen someone release a stencil for the lines yet, I really am.

I'm seriously contemplating gaming these this year. Which I never expected.
Honestly, I'm surprised you aren't in the chromesoft x already. Seems like the kind of ball you would play.

I ended up using this to make my own Triple Tracks to see if I liked it or if it helped. $7 on Amazon. 20190407_184503.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I ended up using this to make my own Triple Tracks to see if I liked it or if it helped. $7 on Amazon. View attachment 38643

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I just saw these for sale in our pro shop yesterday. I never would have bought one in the past but after seeing Triple Track it complete makes sense.

I just saw these for sale in our pro shop yesterday. I never would have bought one in the past but after seeing Triple Track it complete makes sense.
Yeah, me either. This isn't exactly like the ERC; i think the ERC lines are a little closer together. I generally don't even put a line on balls anyway. But I've been missing a lot of short putts lately (40 year old eyesight maybe?).

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Really keen for release day to get here on these.

that makes two of us.

They're going to get a legit shake from me.

Though I'm still waiting for one of these small companies to cash in on a triple track like stencil.

They're going to get a legit shake from me.

Though I'm still waiting for one of these small companies to cash in on a triple track like stencil.

I’m going all in on the new CSX. At least two dozen will be purchased - 1 for the bag and 1 for practice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does Phil actually use the triple track for putting?

Felt like most of the putts today he wasnt

With how my new irons have been performing, I'm very curious about making the switch to this ball especially with Triple Trac - fully committed to improving my alignment, or perception of my alignment this year

Just ordered two dozen.

THP'ers forget these drop today?

Back