Callaway Chrome Soft X with Triple Track Technology

So, I think a box of this will be my next golf purchase. I like the erc soft, still not entirely sure about the Triple Track, but at the very least need to see how I like new X ball (only played the original).

I do like the feel of the erc soft, but I generally prefer a firmer feeling ball. I also, would like my greenside shots to have some more spin.

I bought a dozen of these this morning, planning to test them out later today. I think my plan is to try and use the line around 10 feet and in and then with longer putts use the blank side.

Honestly considering putting them in the bag of a couple of my HS kids for regionals because of it.

I know you know this but for others, in competition, the TTT is considered an "Alignment Aid" and can't be swapped out for a white, yellow or Truvis ball mid round if you need to replace a ball.

I know you know this but for others, in competition, the TTT is considered an "Alignment Aid" and can't be swapped out for a white, yellow or Truvis ball mid round if you need to replace a ball.

In HS, that’s not likely to be enforced, fwiw.

Most of the kids out there are lucky to have any golf balls, let alone worry about what they put in play as a replacement.

Mine came in today. I'm going to try and squeeze in 9 this evening. I'll at least hit some pitches and chips with them and roll some putts.

Callaway Chrome Soft X with Triple Track Technology

Love the feel with the 2019 exo microhinge insert and this ball. Great feel and sound at impact.

3c9395cea60f6f8bc5566c3133d23965.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just one round in but it looks like the new gamer. Granted I already play CSX so not much of a change there.

I like putting with the 3 lines. Much more than a single line on the ball. I had a really good putting day today. Feels like it is easy to line up and then trust when you are over the ball. A couple of times I under read the break and it was obvious from watching the ball but it started on the line I was trying for.

I didn't love lining it up off the tee. When I tried it felt like I was aiming left at address. Didn't have the same feeling with the putter as I was over the ball.

I've been playing the Truvis for a while and have liked those but if my putting gets better I won't hesitate to switch.

Just one round in but it looks like the new gamer. Granted I already play CSX so not much of a change there.

Interesting you say that it's not much of a change. The website that put out the huge ball study earlier this week has intimated that the composition of the ball with the Triple Track is different from the composition of the standard Chrome Soft X, and most likely the Triple Track version has a firmer compression. Has anyone else put those 2 balls side-by-side to compare performance?

Interesting you say that it's not much of a change. The website that put out the huge ball study earlier this week has intimated that the composition of the ball with the Triple Track is different from the composition of the standard Chrome Soft X, and most likely the Triple Track version has a firmer compression. Has anyone else put those 2 balls side-by-side to compare performance?

I have a dozen incoming and will be doing just that early next week.

I have, and have played both. I don't have a large enough sample size to really compare though.

I played the triple track in 48* and rain last Thursday. I'll have them in play again tomorrow and Saturday, and the conditions are supposed to be a bit better.

Off the putter, I'd have a hard time saying they're much different.

just got a sleeve of these. weather permitting these will be put to the test tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a dozen in the way thanks to my friend JimBetts. This is the just excited I've been about a ball in quite some time and can't wait to see how the Triple Track has an impact on my short putt results.

I can’t say I noticed it feeling firmer, but I only have a single round sample size. I was mostly paying attention to putting. I doubt I could tell the difference. I will test though to see if I can.

I am all in on this ball now. 2 15 footers back to back sold me on it for the putter, that and am just putting better. Not any weak points with this ball for my game. Now just to figure out what to do with all those golf balls in the basement I stocked up on because I would rather play this.

first round with the csx with tt, and it was fantastic. i hit some noticeably long drives by my standards. all aspects performance were spot on. i didn’t notice the firmness at all compared to the erc soft i’ve been playing for a couple rounds. maybe it was just the greens, but my speed control was excellent compared to my short time with erc. i also felt the cover of the csxtt was more durable than the erctt.

Team CSXTT. The more I play the ball, the more I putt with it, the more convinced I become. I just wish that it was available in yellow.

I got my first round in with these and I came away super impressed. Here are a few broken down thoughts:

Pros
- Triple Track: obviously this feature is what immediately stands out. I've been super excited to get this on a Chrome Soft ball because I loved this feature on the ERC but the ball didn't necessarily fit my game. Today as long as I got the correct read and lined it up correctly on that line I was automatic. I think I used the lines 6 times today on putts ranging 4-8 feet and made 4 of them. The two I missed were simply because I lined it up incorrectly. It's so nice looking down and not having to worry about alignment, just line the putter up with the lines and focus on speed.

- Distance: this ball was LONG for me today. I hit two absolute bombs off the tee, one was 328 and another was right around 300. Obviously my swing and the driver I was using play in to it but I haven't hit a ball close to 300 yards in years. A slight breeze may have played a factor in 300 yard one but the longer one was a cross wind. The course was very soft and there was almost no roll out with either.

- Spin: green side spin is what has impressed me the most about the other Chrome Soft offerings and this one doesn't disappoint. I find myself chipping the ball closer to the hole to account for the check up.

Cons
- I have one negative from today and it doesn't have to do with performance. I feel like lining the ball up did add a little extra time to the round. I've never really used a line in the past, it was a struggle any time I've tried. I felt like I had to wait for my turn to line up my ball every time so I wasn't a distraction to my playing partner. It wasn't a significant amount of time, probably 20 seconds at most but I am one that hates slow play and felt a little guilty taking that extra time.

With that said I only plan on using it for putts from 3-8 feet so it shouldn't add up to a ton of time during a round. Regardless it is added time.

Overall it was a great first outing and has me really excited for the next few rounds.

I got my first round in with these and I came away super impressed. Here are a few broken down thoughts:

Pros
- Triple Track: obviously this feature is what immediately stands out. I've been super excited to get this on a Chrome Soft ball because I loved this feature on the ERC but the ball didn't necessarily fit my game. Today as long as I got the correct read and lined it up correctly on that line I was automatic. I think I used the lines 6 times today on putts ranging 4-8 feet and made 4 of them. The two I missed were simply because I lined it up incorrectly. It's so nice looking down and not having to worry about alignment, just line the putter up with the lines and focus on speed.

- Distance: this ball was LONG for me today. I hit two absolute bombs off the tee, one was 328 and another was right around 300. Obviously my swing and the driver I was using play in to it but I haven't hit a ball close to 300 yards in years. A slight breeze may have played a factor in 300 yard one but the longer one was a cross wind. The course was very soft and there was almost no roll out with either.

- Spin: green side spin is what has impressed me the most about the other Chrome Soft offerings and this one doesn't disappoint. I find myself chipping the ball closer to the hole to account for the check up.

Cons
- I have one negative from today and it doesn't have to do with performance. I feel like lining the ball up did add a little extra time to the round. I've never really used a line in the past, it was a struggle any time I've tried. I felt like I had to wait for my turn to line up my ball every time so I wasn't a distraction to my playing partner. It wasn't a significant amount of time, probably 20 seconds at most but I am one that hates slow play and felt a little guilty taking that extra time.

With that said I only plan on using it for putts from 3-8 feet so it shouldn't add up to a ton of time during a round. Regardless it is added time.

Overall it was a great first outing and has me really excited for the next few rounds.

Good thoughts.
Did the ball feel any firmer to you? Rumors out there that the TT CSx has a higher compression than the regular CSx.

Good thoughts.
Did the ball feel any firmer to you? Rumors out there that the TT CSx has a higher compression than the regular CSx.

You know I forgot to throw one of the regular CSx in my bag to compare to buy going by memory it almost does feel a little more firm off the driver and irons but that could totally be a placebo effect. It felt pretty similar off my Stroke Lab. It's a really "solid" feeling ball for lack of a better term.

A dozen of these are inbound. Haven't played the csx since 2017. Excited to try these out.

Triple track still has me intrigued.

@Kev I think that is the one con I see too. I feel a little self conscious lining it up on the green, I want to make sure I’m not slow.

Doesn’t feel as bad though when the putts are going in.

Cons

Fewer putts, faster play.

Good thoughts.

not kev but personally i think the ball feels perfect. having played some other brands recently, the erc and cs are so much softer. the csxtt was a great balance of a little more firmness but not the clickiness of some other “x” balls.

not kev but personally i think the ball feels perfect. having played some other brands recently, the erc and cs are so much softer. the csxtt was a great balance of a little more firmness but not the clickiness of some other “x” balls.

I agree on lack of clickiness. That's always my concern with a firmer ball and I didn't get that sensation at all. Granted I was playing an insert putter though.

Just saw this. Apologies if this is commonly known

Back