Callaway Chrome Soft X with Triple Track Technology

Though they're not playing the Triple Track version we have no at retail, that's the same ball (CSX diamond), which is why we released it as is.

So the CSXTT is a different ball than the CSX?

That's what Harry's tweets seem to indicate. There was another tweet he had that said the TT ball was the same diamond ball on tour.

On the USGA conforming list there is also the double diamond and star ball. Molinari is using the diamond ball according to one of his interviews. All of them have triple track and non triple track variants on the conforming list.

So the CSXTT is a different ball than the CSX?

If i am reading it correctly, that means the pros are playing C(diamond)SX TT but without the TT. So just a plan white C(diamond)SX

If i am reading it correctly, that means the pros are playing C(diamond)SX TT but without the TT. So just a plan white C(diamond)SX

I wonder if these are going to the masses next year

I was thinking on holding off till the CS triple track, but as soon as I see the CSX tt I’m grabbing a dozen. Curiosity was certainly piqued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just saw this. Apologies if this is commonly known

Did Phil stop using triple track? Harry's tweet seems to imply Phil is playing the plain CSX diamond without TT, but I could have sworn he was still playing the TT ball.

I was replaying my last round in my head and keep going back to the performance with this ball. The distance was ridiculous! I almost wish I had played a different model on one of the nines to see if it was just the ball of if it was more swing related because I haven't seen numbers like that in years.

And Triple Track is freaking awesome!

I was replaying my last round in my head and keep going back to the performance with this ball. The distance was ridiculous! I almost wish I had played a different model on one of the nines to see if it was just the ball of if it was more swing related because I haven't seen numbers like that in years.

And Triple Track is freaking awesome!

i actually felt the same way after my round with csxtt last week. i can think of several drives on the back 9 that were 15-20y ahead of my playing partner who is an accomplished golfer. on one hole he said i couldn’t carry the corner. so i played away from the corner, but still blocked it right at the corner... and carried it!

as a lower spin, lower launch player, higher spin golf balls seem to work really well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i actually felt the same way after my round with csxtt last week. i can think of several drives on the back 9 that were 15-20y ahead of my playing partner who is an accomplished golfer. on one hole he said i couldn’t carry the corner. so i played away from the corner, but still blocked it right at the corner... and carried it!

as a lower spin, lower launch player, higher spin golf balls seem to work really well for me.

Is that high spin carrying over to irons? Question wasn’t just directed at you, so @Kev and anyone else please feel free to comment.

Is that high spin carrying over to irons? Question wasn’t just directed at you, so @Kev and anyone else please feel free to comment.

Unfortunately my iron game was pretty rough that day (only hit 7 greens) so I can't speak a ton to the performance. Just for some info on my iron game I'm a very low spinner with irons and typically always see rollout regardless of the ball.

I would say this was very similar to the same amount of rollout compared to other balls I've played including the previous Snell MTB, Chrome Soft and the non-Triple Track Chrome Soft. For instance I hit a 120 AW and saw about 3 feet of rollout. That's pretty similar to what usually experience. I had a 165 yard 7 iron where I had about 5-7 feet of rollout which is what I normally expect.

This ball is quite a bit better spin wise than either of the TaylorMade balls for me though. The TP5x was one of the longest balls I've ever played but I couldn't get it to stop in an acceptable distance. This TT Chrome Soft X ball however showed as good or better distance on a couple of drives and very similar off the irons with better spin.

I usually play the regular CS but didn't care for the CSX, but admit I have not tried it since the move to Graphene and with the TT is should be quite good.

for me it did. i hit a lot of high quality (by my standards) iron shots in that round. i'm playing again this friday, and planning on using csxtt. might even swap in an erc soft on a few holes to see whether i can tell a difference in performance.

So, the CSXTT is based on the diamond CSX which was/is the prototype Molinari was/is playing? Has the regular CSX transistioned to the diamond proto or is it still the 2018 version?

So, the CSXTT is based on the diamond CSX which was/is the prototype Molinari was/is playing? Has the regular CSX transistioned to the diamond proto or is it still the 2018 version?
That's what I understand.

Other tour balls are the double diamond and star.

CSX TT is the chrome soft X. Unfortunately from what I’ve read, only available in CSX TT. No other ball model is currently available to the public with although, per Harry’s tweet, it appears an all white version of CSX is available to the tour.

Don’t know if it’s the TT or what, but man.. I’m getting a really nice roll on the ball. Getting a really tight end over end roll, and it seems to be easier to start the ball on the line I want cause I can see it better.

All this talk has me wanting to try these but usually the CSX is too much spin off the driver for me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Don’t know if it’s the TT or what, but man.. I’m getting a really nice roll on the ball. Getting a really tight end over end roll, and it seems to be easier to start the ball on the line I want cause I can see it better.

tt is one of those things you didn’t know you needed until you try it. now, i have to have it all the time.

tt is one of those things you didn’t know you needed until you try it. now, i have to have it all the time.

And what super sucks is, I can’t duplicate it with a line drawer tool. Not the one I have, anyway.

It's crazy isn't it? I've never been able to get close to that kind of roll when I've practiced with a line before.

It's crazy isn't it? I've never been able to get close to that kind of roll when I've practiced with a line before.

It’s kinda making me mad

I really want to try these balls, but man have I had a hard time finding them in store. I may have to break down and order a box.

I really need to pit this against the ERC Soft to see what I might be able to gain from this ball.
I LOVE the addition of Triple Track!

I really like putting with the triple track. I'm making more putts and now I don't want to play with any ball that doesn't have it.

I really like putting with the triple track. I'm making more putts and now I don't want to play with any ball that doesn't have it.

It is pretty crazy how it feels easier to get it rolling end over end more with TT than just a single hand drawn line. It’s 100% mental, but I can’t explain how or why it’s easier.

Back