Callaway Chrome Soft X with Triple Track Technology

It is pretty crazy how it feels easier to get it rolling end over end more with TT than just a single hand drawn line. It’s 100% mental, but I can’t explain how or why it’s easier.

That's interesting. The lines have some science behind it, but interesting on the end over end. I will have to look for that next time out.

That's interesting. The lines have some science behind it, but interesting on the end over end. I will have to look for that next time out.

I thought it was just kind of a fluke thing, but I’m just wondering if the extra lines help someone set up a little more square to the ball, or helps the person hit where they’re aiming and thus starting it on the intended line?

I thought it was just kind of a fluke thing, but I’m just wondering if the extra lines help someone set up a little more square to the ball, or helps the person hit where they’re aiming and thus starting it on the intended line?

They might. It’s interesting.

It is pretty crazy how it feels easier to get it rolling end over end more with TT than just a single hand drawn line. It’s 100% mental, but I can’t explain how or why it’s easier.

For me it is easier to align, and then also trust that line when I am standing over the ball. I think the combo of the lines being longer than standard alignment as well as there being 3 helps to line it up and then have it still feel right at address.

With standard alignment aids it happens a lot where I line it up and then when I get over the ball it feels totally off.

Looks like my CSX are lost in the mail. I was hoping to put them through the paces tomorrow, but it will have to wait a little bit longer.

I wanted another dozen to have on hand and since they have free personalization right now I pulled the trigger. This is the 2019 gamer for sure.

I hope to sneak a round in tomorrow with a sleeve of these courtesy of Parrot. If not, Saturday morning for sure.

For me it is easier to align, and then also trust that line when I am standing over the ball. I think the combo of the lines being longer than standard alignment as well as there being 3 helps to line it up and then have it still feel right at address.

With standard alignment aids it happens a lot where I line it up and then when I get over the ball it feels totally off.

It's so much easier to make sure the putter is lined up square to the 3 lines than one. That was my struggle when I tried one line in the past, I never trusted that I was complete squared up. I feel more confident with this top setup vs the bottom.

e236422c59293b31fb2f1569c9cda3b9.jpg

For some reason Triple Track seems easier to get lined up on my line also.

I'm in the "really need to try these" camp but the glut of CS I have makes it feel silly to buy more balls. LOL

I'm in the "really need to try these" camp but the glut of CS I have makes it feel silly to buy more balls. LOL

I’m sure you could find a sleeve for cheap to just try

That's non sense. Let the inner club ho loose!

want a sleeve? happy to send one to you.

Appreciate the offer, I think I’ll take you up on it. I believe you have the addy

My thoughts as well, but need to try it

Gave this ball a run today on my back 9. I had been putting like crap for the first 10 holes, including 4 three putts. Over the last 8 holes, I had 14 putts, much improved. I feel the triple track definitely helped me hit my lines better.
8619a5504b04b1e7ce5b4ba275cd2402.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

i can’t believe how long i am hitting the driver with this ball. maybe it’s just my driver swing coming into form, but i love how far it’s going and how well it holds its line.

great spin around greens. i love the feel off all clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1st couple rounds with these and I am a real big fan. Glad I got a dozen pesonallized as I think all 12 of us were playing (might have been a couple ERC users) this weekend). Ball does everything I would expect a tour caliber ball to do, but the 3 alignment lines are wonderful. I used it on the tee and and the greens.

Also, I found this to be a pretty durable ball, better than some other tour balls I have had out recently. Played 1 ball for 17 holes on Sunday (and I think the last 3 or holes Saturday) and it had 1 scuff where I smartly hit it directly at a tree with my driver.

So has anyone notice a difference between this X version and 2018 X version as there was some discussion about this one being different.

So has anyone notice a difference between this X version and 2018 X version as there was some discussion about this one being different.

It seems like it goes further but it's really too early to tell for me. It also appears to act the same way around the green for me which is awesome to see. All I know is that Triple Track is something I could have used for years now.

I know comparing the two, the new version with graphene feels much better and a bit softer to me than the previous version. I did not get along well at all with previous version. Played the new one yesterday and liked it a lot. I just have two many of the regular CS to switch at this point.

My dozen made their way here. Have a charity scramble Wednesday and these will be in play. Also plan on comparing with my gamer ball next week at my home course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know comparing the two, the new version with graphene feels much better and a bit softer to me than the previous version. I did not get along well at all with previous version. Played the new one yesterday and liked it a lot. I just have two many of the regular CS to switch at this point.

i agree with this. recently i tried a regular cs and csx (not with triple track) and didn’t love the csx. but this csxtt is something i’m enjoying quite a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Callaway Chrome Soft X with Triple Track Technology

The new CSX + pm grind make me think I could compete for county am. The rest of my swing says say home and take up drinking. The CSX is great and really helped my putting come along way lately.

Last edited:
The new CSX diamond + pm grind make me think I could compete for county am. The rest of my swing says say home and take up drinking. The CSX Diamond is great and really helped my putting come along way lately.

As Alex says this is a new configuration of chrome soft X diamond. Until it was released with triple track it was Tour only. Very good ball.

Back