Callaway Chrome Soft X with Triple Track Technology

Picked up a sleeve yesterday, but had a NCGA qualifier so didn't put them in play (won the qualifier :banana: ) I did putt with them afterwards and they feel good off the putter, way better than the ERC. Hoping to sneak out for 9 one night this week to hit them against my Oncore Elixir and Bridgestone Tour BRx.

Only carpet putting so far, but this is at worst top 3 best feeling balls off the putter I’ve tried. I enjoy a firmer, but not clicky feel, and the CSX TT paired with the Oworks insert delivers exactly what I’m looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put these in play today in a scramble. In comparison to the V1X I noticed similar feel off the driver but a more piercing ball flight. I hit a few drives that by my standards were very long, and I think it’s safe to say on average it is at worst as long for me as the Titleist. It also reacted nicely on misshits, usually a fade that stayed in play and in the generous fairways.

My iron game was atrocious. I’ll get a little range time next week and make a comparison there on my home course. In limited time with the CF16 I’ve thought the V1X really complimented the irons and seemed to provide a powerful flight combined with good stopping power. That’s what I want to see out of the csx tt now.

Off wedges and partial shots, this reacted exactly how I’d expect from a tour ball. Imagine a somewhat firmer V1 (not X), flighted and hop n stop was the norm. It being a scramble and playing with a long hitter we had many partial shots in the 50-70y range and saw this consistently. Also stopped nicely off pitches.

The TT - honestly don’t know if it made a huge difference. I’d like to think the 3 lines gave a clearer indication of where the ball was targeting but can’t say after one scramble. One benefit was pointed out by the low handi-cap in the group who was paired with a friend. A couple of times he used the markings to double check the quality of the roll off his putter.

It’s been said a bunch of times, but just in case, this is a different beast from the standard CS. It plays very differently imo.

These have performed phenomenally for me since putting them in play. I hide the triple track on the ball when putting and doing anything, which hasn’t been hard to do. But it’s a nice way to easily pick which one is mine when other people aren’t playing it.

I've liked the triple track so far. Great greenside spin for me, and the three lines have helped me align the ball better before I putt. It has given me confidence to trust the line I've picked. It has helped me most on closer range putts where I am trying to aim to just inside the edge of the hole.

Yep, these will do.
8f65f657ca8e7bd4fa4cded0ff259253.jpg

ooh, I like that. How do you get that option?

They had free customization on their website and I think there were 3 different design options.

i heart this ball so much. some really big drives by my standards. excellent greenside control. and the feel off the putter is perfect. i will be buying more. #gamer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i heart this ball so much. some really big drives by my standards. excellent greenside control. and the feel off the putter is perfect. i will be buying more. #gamer

I’m really excited to get that sleeve bud, thanks again!

I’m really excited to get that sleeve bud, thanks again!

you should have them tomorrow.

I played this ball again today for 9 holes and am quite impressed. Not heavy winds today, but it handled them quite well. Plenty of spin on approach shots to get the ball to stop very close to the ball mark. On chips I was able to play for it to hit and stop or some roll out if needed.
The thing I do like is this ball seems very durable, hit a cart path twice today and no more than a minor scuff, but ball was still playable.

This ball has really changed things for me on the green. 9 holes tonight, no 3 putts, and some mid range putts that saved big pars, or kept double off the scorecard. The three lines on the ball line up perfectly with the alignment aid on the O Works Marxman putter, and that is really giving me more confidence in my putting. It is crazy that something so simple could be so effective, but in my small sample size, it certainly has been!

Tried one of these today and it just seems like a different ball to the older CSx. I liked the CSx, but I freaking love this version of it.

Tried one of these today and it just seems like a different ball to the older CSx. I liked the CSx, but I freaking love this version of it.

totally agree. other csx was ok, nothing stood out to me when testing against other balls. something about the csxtt is just so awesome.

totally agree. other csx was ok, nothing stood out to me when testing against other balls. something about the csxtt is just so awesome.

I loved the flight off driver. Just bored through the wind.

It is a different ball as confirmed by Mr Toulon

All I need now is some yellow CSXtt!

If it has been commented on I’ve missed it, but how is this ball for slower swing speeds? I’ve played the regular CSX with no issues but wonder what I might see with this version.

If it has been commented on I’ve missed it, but how is this ball for slower swing speeds? I’ve played the regular CSX with no issues but wonder what I might see with this version.

My SS is low/mid 90's and have no issues with this ball. I can tell the difference when I am playing the regular CS, but not so noticeable that I'm like "Oh I can't play this ball" Plenty of distance, plenty of spin and it works for me.

It’s the new version of the ball. Sean said the the new ball w/o TTT is hitting the market soon, if it hasn’t already.

I played this ball today for 27 holes. Durability seems excellent!!! I like the feel off the putter, however I can't seem to use the lines. Just messed with me, it could be that I have a Rx in my sunglasses and it is not letting me focus properly.

It’s the new version of the ball. Sean said the the new ball w/o TTT is hitting the market soon, if it hasn’t already.

I’m glad to hear this. I have really liked this ball, but I may be the only person in America that is struggling with using the TTT. I think I am overthinking trying to line it up on longer putts and getting in my own head when putting. But the ball itself is really fantastic.

That's awesome.

I'm realizing that the lines are helpful on some putts but not all putts. It's great for those knee knockers too mid length putts, but at a certain point the lines get in my head. It's like too much alignment gets wonky.

I’m glad to hear this. I have really liked this ball, but I may be the only person in America that is struggling with using the TTT. I think I am overthinking trying to line it up on longer putts and getting in my own head when putting. But the ball itself is really fantastic.

I don’t use the alignment at all. I can’t stand it, but it’s easy enough to flip it over to be blank again.

Back