Callaway Chrome Soft X with Triple Track Technology

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score

After using triple track in SC and the last few days here, I really do think I might make the move to the CSx as the only thing I don’t like with the ERC is into greens.

Smart move Callaway. Smart move. Strike while the iron is hot.

Fantastic decision by Callaway! I'm absolutely going to try these, and if the CS also come with the Triple Track they'd go in play also.

Unrelated, is it too early for a Reese's? I bet Callaway would sell tons of ChromeSoft Variety packs. Fun read JB.

• Admin
Fantastic decision by Callaway! I'm absolutely going to try these, and if the CS also come with the Triple Track they'd go in play also.

Unrelated, is it too early for a Reese's? I bet Callaway would sell tons of ChromeSoft Variety packs. Fun read JB.

Haha, someone read the article. I had some fun with this one. Between that gif, the reese's thoughts and the Friends Trifle Episode all into one feature?
Its never too early obedt.

Haha, someone read the article. I had some fun with this one. Between that gif, the reese's thoughts and the Friends Trifle Episode all into one feature?
Its never too early obedt.

The trifle episode still makes me gag.

Custard, good. Jam, good. Beef GOOD!

I'm pumped to see them expand to the CSX. I've got a few dozen Chrome Soft sitting around yet I still might pick up a dozen with TT because of how good it lines up short putts. Well done Callaway!

Last edited:
I really like the ERC, but it doesn't quite have the performance around the green as the Chrome Soft (not that it is bad around the green though). If they put the Triple Track on Chrome Soft then that would be amazing!!

Looking forward to giving these a try. I have heard great things about the triple track technology, and I love the CS line.

I’m just getting into my season and the ERC is at the top to play and go from there. The previous X model didn’t quite fit me and I hope this gets to the regulars CS ball.

I have to say I am kinda surprised at this release. I expected the triple track was absolutely going to be launched in the Chrome Soft after it was stated the Truvis machines making Chrome Soft had triple track technology built in. However, I really thought Callaway would want to wait till 2020 or at least late 2019. This way the ERC could have a longer time in an exclusive market to build a clientele.

Each ball seems to be set for different markets, but the reason I thought Callaway had priced the ERC on the high side of the distance ball arena was due to the triple track. This still set the ERC apart from other distance balls. That and it’s a hybrid type ball. Now, the Chrome Soft will have the triple track and only be at a $5 dollar price point higher. Plus, this adds more skus to the already crowded ball market in stores.

Callaway sure knows what they are doing and I expect the Chrome Softs with triple track to be a HUGE seller. Just wondering how this release affects sales of the ERC with so little time for golfers to test the ball. The ERC has lost a bit of its’ charm to me now. I used the Chrome Soft last year and loved that ball. Was interested in using the ERC most of this year due to the triple track and being a hybrid distance ball. I wonder if I just default back to Chrome Soft now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll definitely be giving it a shot as I have thoroughly enjoyed the ERC.

But I will pass on the meat and jam dish!!

I will definitely try this out. Still need to try the erc as well.

I really like the idea of the triple track.

God knows I’m gonna be buying a dozen here shortly once they’re on the market. Great move by Callaway and I’m excited to try the triple track on course.

Looks like I found my new gamer. I just wish they were out in time for the buy 3 get 1 deals.

Looks like I found my new gamer. I just wish they were out in time for the buy 3 get 1 deals.

Huh.. almost like it was timed!?!
I would think this new offering, there might be a shift from ERC to CSx with better golfers.

And while I know nothing - CS with TTT is coming, how can it not be? Just a question of when.
(If I was a guessing man, I'd say May when Golfers above the Mason Dixon Line start to get interested in Golf again for good as the weather warms)

This should be huge.

I actually like the ERC but the Chrome Soft is my ball of choice. Love the triple line concept, it has really helped my alignment. Can't wait until it moves to the Chrome soft!!

loved the article. that friends episode is one of my favorites.

in a couple weeks i'll be able to start playing golf, and will be testing callaway balls to see which i like the best. triple track makes loads of sense. as my putting devolves, i'm finding my alignment is really suffering. anything that can help me get back on track (see what i did there?), i am willing to try!

Well I guess I won’t be using the shamrock truvis after all. Definitely going to be gaming these when they get released.

Happy to hear this news, makes me feel like CS with TTT is next in line. Big fan of the TTT and feel like it's helping me with alignment off the tee and on greens! I am also hungry for Reese's now too, definitely not a bad thing!!

Great Reese’s reference. Never really got into Friends, but another great writeup. I am curious why Callaway doesn’t simply release triple track in both versions of ChromeSoft. I am sure there is a sound marketing reason behind it, but it isn’t apparent to me.

loved the article. that friends episode is one of my favorites.

in a couple weeks i'll be able to start playing golf, and will be testing callaway balls to see which i like the best. triple track makes loads of sense. as my putting devolves, i'm finding my alignment is really suffering. anything that can help me get back on track (see what i did there?), i am willing to try!

Thank you. Fun to write and have some fun with golf equipment every now and then.
I know some will just see the headline and look at the pics, but that gif and content was a blast to put together.

Great Reese’s reference. Never really got into Friends, but another great writeup. I am curious why Callaway doesn’t simply release triple track in both versions of ChromeSoft. I am sure there is a sound marketing reason behind it, but it isn’t apparent to me.

I cant answer that with any facts right now, but if I had to guess, it would be this.
There are only so many machines that can make Truvis and Triple Track. With the balls selling extremely well, release the ball that Phil was using, as it was asked for by golfers and then as expansion comes out, it can grow further.
@JasonFinleyCG can tell me how close my guess is.

I cant answer that with any facts right now, but if I had to guess, it would be this.
There are only so many machines that can make Truvis and Triple Track. With the balls selling extremely well, release the ball that Phil was using, as it was asked for by golfers and then as expansion comes out, it can grow further.
@JasonFinleyCG can tell me how close my guess is.

Your logic sounds spot on, as usual.

Back