Callaway Chrome Soft X with Triple Track Technology

I know I've said this before but it deserves to be repeated; Triple Track is one of my favorite things ever. It makes life so much less stressful on those shorter putts. It's amazing how much easier it is for me to line it up compared to a single line on a ball.

I know I've said this before but it deserves to be repeated; Triple Track is one of my favorite things ever. It makes life so much less stressful on those shorter putts. It's amazing how much easier it is for me to line it up compared to a single line on a ball.

Try it with a Marxman

This is so true! I remember sitting through the brief about the ERC with TT and I thought to myself what in the world and thought I wouldn't like it, but I absolutely love it and honestly don't like putting without it!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Decided to give one of these a go on Monday at a course I haven't played for a long time, so I couldn't really judge if there was any difference in distance off the driver, but on the whole it performed well (just the operator that had issues)

Played the same ball again yesterday and it is looking a little beat up already, but I am guessing that could well be down to the fact that I have pretty much a new bag of clubs, so the short irons and especially wedges are likely to be chewing up the cover more than I would expect

Not sure yet on the Triple Track lines for putting (I don't use a line on any ball when putting) although I did try it on a few short putts

I was trying a few different balls today - Tour B RXS, TP5 and Z Star. They performed decently but I had a devil of a time getting the balls lined up on putts. I was a little off here and there. The last 3 holes, I switched back to CSX TT and boom, there it was - 3 1 putts in a row. I could see the line so much better. Shortest putt was 7-8 feet and the longest was 12ish. I couldn’t believe how reliant I had become to the TT tech. There is some wizardry in it.

The TT is huge going back to the 8802 style putter I really struggled with the Truvis and alignment it’s night and day I still suck at putting though

i was really digging this ball for awhile, and then switched to erc soft to just try out a different offering. erc soft was working really well for me. i was seeing a decrease off the driver vs csxtt, but an increase off irons. around the greens csxtt was better, though. but my scores with erc soft were better, so i kept it in play.

this past weekend i put the csxtt back in play, but after the 4th hole i put the erc soft in. i was hitting the ball well, and seeing almost a full club decrease in distance off my irons. it was causing me some confusion, so the erc soft went back in the bag. my first iron shot with it promptly flew the green lol

needless to say, the csxtt is no longer my ball of choice. i do love the way it feels off every club, but i was just giving up too much distance off the irons to be happy with it.

McLovin;n8903796 said:
i was really digging this ball for awhile, and then switched to erc soft to just try out a different offering. erc soft was working really well for me. i was seeing a decrease off the driver vs csxtt, but an increase off irons. around the greens csxtt was better, though. but my scores with erc soft were better, so i kept it in play.

this past weekend i put the csxtt back in play, but after the 4th hole i put the erc soft in. i was hitting the ball well, and seeing almost a full club decrease in distance off my irons. it was causing me some confusion, so the erc soft went back in the bag. my first iron shot with it promptly flew the green lol

needless to say, the csxtt is no longer my ball of choice. i do love the way it feels off every club, but i was just giving up too much distance off the irons to be happy with it.

What irons/driver?

I have been off and on with the CSXTT for a little bit now. Trust be told, I just can't seem to get the lines working with my putting to a level where I am confident that it is helping. however, I have seen a HUGE improvement with this ball on my tee shots, which for me was unexpected. I line the TT lines to be aimed where I want the ball to go, and they have really helped me focus on hitting through the ball. I may keep these in play as my primary ball just because of this alone.

I played this ball on Sunday. BigDill I agree. I don't use the line either but the ball is great to putt with, great check up around the greens and durable. They still don't float though :banghead:
Distance wise it is in like with other balls I have played.

OITW;n8903798 said:
What irons/driver?

ping g400 max - increased distance off driver is great. i attribute it to increased carry, but i don't have any numbers to back that up.

apex 19 - decrease in distance is very real. as soon as i put the erc soft back in play, distance was back.

So I found one of these on the course over the weekend and immediately put in play as my putting ball only. I was playing a scramble and I only had one so I didn't want to lose it. This is my first experience with TT and it was a good one. I found it very easy to line up and suprisingly easy to look at while standing over it. Also nice that the color doesn't come off like a sharpie does during a round.

The pro shop finally got some of these in so I bought a sleeve to try out. My ball since #TheGrandaddy has primarily been the ERC so that is what I'll make the comparison two. The CS-X with TT is definitely a firmer feeling ball with a lower launch and lower ball flight. It also spins more and I have hit several iron shots where the ball is in its ball mark or even backed up some, not something I typically see. It also checks much more on chips and pitches even though that one-hop-and-stop shot is not one I try to play. Distance-wise, with my swing speed at my age, I don't think I gain anything but I don't lose all that much either. However, given that I have no issues with stopping the ERC on the greens due to its high ball flight I think I am going to stick with it as my everyday gamer. I may keep a few of these around for drives into heavy winds due to the lower launch, however.

Phil75070;n8906384 said:
The pro shop finally got some of these in so I bought a sleeve to try out. My ball since #TheGrandaddy has primarily been the ERC so that is what I'll make the comparison two. The CS-X with TT is definitely a firmer feeling ball with a lower launch and lower ball flight. It also spins more and I have hit several iron shots where the ball is in its ball mark or even backed up some, not something I typically see. It also checks much more on chips and pitches even though that one-hop-and-stop shot is not one I try to play. Distance-wise, with my swing speed at my age, I don't think I gain anything but I don't lose all that much either. However, given that I have no issues with stopping the ERC on the greens due to its high ball flight I think I am going to stick with it as my everyday gamer. I may keep a few of these around for drives into heavy winds due to the lower launch, however.
Both are great balls! Since using the CSX TT, I don't want to use any other ball. I have never felt this way about a ball before. Usually I can play a ball and even though I think it's good, I still want to test others. I have no desire to try any other balls right now. The CSX TT is just working hands down for my game!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Our greens are saturated and super soft right now, so I had some fun layin' the sauce down out there this morning with the Chrome Soft X TT. Every well struck short iron was coming back towards me like it was on a string. The joke was on me on #8 when I landed 3" from the hole only for it to spin back 10 ft - missed the putt.
I continue to enjoy this ball off of every club in the bag, but especially the irons.

So I’ve been on the fence on the triple track and whether to use it or not. Initially I felt it was distracting and made me “think too much” while putting instead of trusting my instincts.

on 18 I decided I didn’t want to product seed my 2020 Grandaddy Chome Soft balls anymore so I tee’d off with a CSX TT. Get on the green and mark my ball. I had a pretty lengthy putt (20+ feet) for par and it had a left to right break. I lined up the triple track for what I felt was the break and gave it a run. The putt caught a piece of the hole and lipped out for the tap in bogey. i turned and looked at @chefkritter and said “there must be something about triple track after all”.

we had a conversation early in the round discussing the putters and how we felt triple track could be distracting for some golfers. Needless to say that one putt made me a believer and the next time out i'm using the TT ball and see how it goes.

Last edited:
So I’ve been on the fence on the triple track and whether to use it or not. Initially I felt it was distracting and made me “think too much” while putting instead of trusting my instincts.

on 18 I decided I didn’t want to product seed my 2020 Grandaddy Chome Soft balls anymore so I tee’d off with a CSX TT. Get on the green and mark my ball. I had a pretty lengthy putt (20+ feet) for par and it had a left to right break. I lined up the triple track for what I felt was the break and gave it a run. The putt caught a piece of the hole and lipped out for the tap in bogey. i turned and looked at @chefkritter and said “there must be something about triple track after all”.

we had a conversation early in the round discussing the putters and how we felt triple track could be distracting for some golfers. Needless to say that one putt made me a believer and the next one out in using the TT ball and see how it goes.

You can’t argue with the results!

dont know if i would uses them seems like a lot going on for me.

dont know if i would uses them seems like a lot going on for me.

I thought the same, but after yesterday i think there is something there worth exploring. it doesn't take any longer to line up a putt with this one compared to a single line. Give it a try and I think you might be surprised.

I thought the same, but after yesterday i think there is something there worth exploring. it doesn't take any longer to line up a putt with this one compared to a single line. Give it a try and I think you might be surprised.

maybe still iffy after the off center core fiasco last year. Quality control on a 45 dollar a dozen ball has to be spot on in my option. If i'm going to use them

maybe still iffy after the off center core fiasco last year. Quality control on a 45 dollar a dozen ball has to be spot on in my option. If i'm going to use them

I get and it makes sense, but fiasco is not how I would describe it. We heard from Callaway how quality control issues were being addressed and not because of the click bait article that many think forced their hand.

If you are still on the fence, PM me your address and I will get a sleeve of the CSX TT out to you for testing. It will cost you nothing and give you a chance to see if it works.

I used this ball yesterday and it performed quite well. No really issues on approach shots, ball was within 2 foot of every ballmark with the irons. I hit a 4H into a green and the ball stopped within 4 feet. Plenty of spin off of the 50* wedge around the green.. I could really throw the ball towards the pin and get it to stop.
I had one nasty pull off of a tee with driver that blasted a tree and barely a mark on it. You could see where it hit, but no scuff mark on the ball.

Back