PING G410 Hybrid - THP Review

This one is off for editing and I cannot wait for those who take the time, to read it.

I say it verbatim in the review, I came in expecting little, and I left with a lot to digest.

While my review will likely go up this week, I want to say some things.

The 410 is better than the 400. It might be a touch bigger, but after hitting them side by side I think it’s better in all areas but some aesthetics, but that’s personal preference.

Flat setting could be a game changer for players who avoid hybrid because of the fear of the hook. I could still turn it over, but the data will show, I hit it better in flat position and I think it’s because I wasn’t worried about a hook and swung free.

The sound is good. It’s not loud, it’s not persimmon-y. It’s a safe tweener.

It’s the best combination of launch, spin, and ball speed I’ve seen in a hybo, maybe ever. I easily hit the 12.5 launch average (which is pretty ideal in a 22 degree hybo at my swing speed) and more importantly spin stayed in the 4200-4400 average range based on settings. With those, a peak over 30y, a damn good descent angle, and then ball speeds approaching some of my 19* hybrids, this thing is borderline silly.

I know it won’t get the looks others will here, but honestly, I think it should.

I bought a 19 last night if it tells you anything at all.

Going from not expecting it to fit your needs to being in the bag speaks volumes.

It also could spell trouble for me as I have the G400's. Good thing it is spring break this week.

Looking forward to the final report.

Ah why not, little preview of Foresight GC2 data to maybe spark some convo...

f4ad5fbd083b31e870c90b80c2154c08.jpg

c32c7bf0dd01dd4f1dcabea921796289.jpg

Am I reading those stats right that the Flat setting cut your draw by 50 yards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oops, 12 yards, still nice.

Am I reading those stats right that the Flat setting cut your draw by 50 yards?

Oops, 12 yards, still nice.

Yeah, definitely not 50, lol

But, I left that damn hook in the blue in the data for full disclosure, I am but a man, not a robot. Haha

Three in the 140’s today with the same spin.....

These are eye opening.

Three in the 140’s today with the same spin.....

These are eye opening.

You and I have talked at nauseum about what we look for in a hybrid. Does this work on that level?

You and I have talked at nauseum about what we look for in a hybrid. Does this work on that level?

Man, I think they do.

I’m getting some serious ball speed, but, I’m keeping the launch and the spin is still in a range I’ve got no hesitation firing it into a green. Last hybo in this loft that was that way for me was OG Apex.

I’m not huge on the size, but, that is what it is.

I already ordered a 19 if that tells you anything.

Man, I think they do.

I’m getting some serious ball speed, but, I’m keeping the launch and the spin is still in a range I’ve got no hesitation firing it into a green. Last hybo in this loft that was that way for me was OG Apex.

I’m not huge on the size, but, that is what it is.

I already ordered a 19 if that tells you anything.

Could have saved time and just typed that last part haha

Seriously though, that is awesome. Yes the speed is there, but so much more.

I can't wait for my 410 3 hybrid to arrive. If what I'm seeing here that the F setting helps take out that always lurking hook, it's going to be nice.

Could have saved time and just typed that last part haha

Seriously though, that is awesome. Yes the speed is there, but so much more.

About the biggest testament I can give for sure!

I’m out of superlatives for what I’ve seen on the course with this the last two days.

Today was absurd, and even my #1 bag on the HS team made mention of it.

Maybe it’s my comfort with a 4hy coming back, but the sound, flight, spin, and filthy ball speed are pretty exciting too.

I can't wait for my 410 3 hybrid to arrive. If what I'm seeing here that the F setting helps take out that always lurking hook, it's going to be nice.

You know, for most I don’t think it’ll eliminate that miss because it’s typically a swing thing there, but visually it changes the way the club sits and for me definitely gives more confidence that I’m not going to lose it left unless I just yank the snot out of it.

I’m out of superlatives for what I’ve seen on the course with this the last two days.

Today was absurd, and even my #1 bag on the HS team made mention of it.

Maybe it’s my comfort with a 4hy coming back, but the sound, flight, spin, and filthy ball speed are pretty exciting too.

Nice find to make the bag. Stock shaft also. If a re-shaft improves it for you, "oh my!"

Nice find to make the bag. Stock shaft also. If a re-shaft improves it for you, "oh my!"

I’ll be real. No plans to reshaft.

Even ordered the 19 in the same shaft and flex.

This is as good as it gets for me.

As I have previously stated it lands soft with little roll out, the confidence I have sending shots to the green with this club is ridiculous.

Tee shot from a 175m par 3 with the 22* hybrid.

i59g6w.jpg
i59g6w.jpg
i59g6w.jpg

Attachments

• hybrid.jpg
    hybrid.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I won’t lie, I had to do the conversion on that one @Dave66, haha

Great shot!

Anyone else give these a go yet?

they are on my hit list during a demo event this weekend.

I need you to go hit them to confirm what I saw in my time writing the article.

Need.

I need you to go hit them to confirm what I saw in my time writing the article.

Need.

just consider me your fact checker haha

I would've definitely gave these a go had the CLKs not found my bag 1st. This 2 hybrid can't reach 14 either which is what I put my CLK to replace 3 wood.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

Anyone else give these a go yet?

I'm playing a 22* with the Tensei CK Pro Blue in TX flex. I may have gone with the wrong shaft. I am hitting the ball VERY high. I played a couple of days ago in some gusting wind and the wind was eating it up... so spin seemed too high as well - like 150' peaks with the ball coming back towards me when it lands. The head feels great and the ball is coming off fast, I just need to get the spin under control, which is mainly me and my AoA.

I would've definitely gave these a go had the CLKs not found my bag 1st. This 2 hybrid can't reach 14 either which is what I put my CLK to replace 3 wood.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

These have better ball speed than the CLK fwiw, I speak from experience, so you might not need one to hit 14.

Back