Ben Hogan PTx Pro Forged Irons

That is very valid justification! I already have this exact setup in PTx and chrome Equalizer wedges but I don't have the PTx Pro heads or black Equalizer 54 and 58 degree wedges and I absolutely NEED them! haha

It’s a NEED it’s not a want! I hear you man, place that order. I was gonna try and hold out to see what kind of combo iron set they were gonna put out later in the year. We’ll see. Those ptx pro’s are all class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is very valid justification! I already have this exact setup in PTx and chrome Equalizer wedges but I don't have the PTx Pro heads or black Equalizer 54 and 58 degree wedges and I absolutely NEED them! haha

I heart THP Events
I know you tried for this one Sox_fan. I was rooting for you.
Still more Shaft Up chances and those events come with Hogan gear and are 100% free.

I heart THP Events
I know you tried for this one Sox_fan. I was rooting for you.
Still more Shaft Up chances and those events come with Hogan gear and are 100% free.

Thanks! I will always try to get into Hogan events because of my long-time affection for the brand and THP events and really like what they are currently doing. As I have seen you state many, many times on the forum, play what makes you happy and Ben Hogan equipment does that for me.

It’s a NEED it’s not a want! I hear you man, place that order. I was gonna try and hold out to see what kind of combo iron set they were gonna put out later in the year. We’ll see. Those ptx pro’s are all class.

If it helps push you over the edge at all, the past generation of Hogan irons (Ft. Worth, PTx, and Edge) seem to all be fetching some pretty great resale prices on ebay...

Tomorrow for sure. Weather should be cleared up by then

Be sure and give us some feedback on that combo once you get some range time in with them.

If it helps push you over the edge at all, the past generation of Hogan irons (Ft. Worth, PTx, and Edge) seem to all be fetching some pretty great resale prices on ebay...

Oh I’m gonna keep my edge no matter what I do. I have a set of ping g400’s that I can trade in and just about cover half the price so i got that going for me, which is nice.

Finally got to go out and hit the 6/9 irons with recoil smacwrap 780 F4. They were definitely lighter than what I am used to (Recoil 110) but they performed pretty well for me. I absolutely love the ptx pros though. These were so easy to hit and I saw immediate results on the course. Can't wait to get them out again and get some more swings on them.

Going to get a lot of work in with the new clubs this week. Playing 9 (or as many holes as possible with a 7pm tee time) tonight, range tomorrow, 9 holes of league on Thursday, and 18 on Saturday morning.

The 9 holes tonight might be a little rough as I'm going in pretty much blind with the entire set, but I'll at least have an excuse if my score starts to creep up there. Tomorrow will be fully dedicated to practice, hitting the new clubs next to my old G5s to get a good comparison.

Finally got to go out and hit the 6/9 irons with recoil smacwrap 780 F4. They were definitely lighter than what I am used to (Recoil 110) but they performed pretty well for me. I absolutely love the ptx pros though. These were so easy to hit and I saw immediate results on the course. Can't wait to get them out again and get some more swings on them.

What were your distances? Ball flight higher?

What were your distances? Ball flight higher?

Ball flight was a touch higher and probably about 5 yards shorter than what I'm currently playing. That was with about 15-20 shots on each club on the course. I'll get them out some more in the 2 weeks I have them and see if anything changes.

Ball flight was a touch higher and probably about 5 yards shorter than what I'm currently playing. That was with about 15-20 shots on each club on the course. I'll get them out some more in the 2 weeks I have them and see if anything changes.

That was my concern with the graphites. I’m 6’3 so I don’t need additional elevation. You think the yardage lossmay be the lofts?

Going to get a lot of work in with the new clubs this week. Playing 9 (or as many holes as possible with a 7pm tee time) tonight, range tomorrow, 9 holes of league on Thursday, and 18 on Saturday morning.

The 9 holes tonight might be a little rough as I'm going in pretty much blind with the entire set, but I'll at least have an excuse if my score starts to creep up there. Tomorrow will be fully dedicated to practice, hitting the new clubs next to my old G5s to get a good comparison.

Looking forward to your thoughts.
I have a feeling you are going to fall right in line with them.

That was my concern with the graphites. I’m 6’3 so I don’t need additional elevation. You think the yardage lossmay be the lofts?

The shafts I have now are graphite as well. Could be lofts, I can't remember what my Srixon's were bent to when they were built (I should have taken a picture of my specs back then).

The shafts I have now are graphite as well. Could be lofts, I can't remember what my Srixon's were bent to when they were built (I should have taken a picture of my specs back then).

They’re probably about a club weaker. They’re 2* weaker than my 765’s. That’s why I went 2* strong, so I wouldn’t have to adjust too much.

Just ordered the PTx Pro demo with the same tour V stiff that I have in my og set. Its not like I am going to buy them, right?

Just ordered the PTx Pro demo with the same tour V stiff that I have in my og set. Its not like I am going to buy them, right?

Maybe we will need to play when these arrive?!? :)

Maybe we will need to play when these arrive?!? :)

They will probably be here by this weekend. I am hoping the weather cooperates and we can play Sunday.

They will probably be here by this weekend. I am hoping the weather cooperates and we can play Sunday.

Whoever is doing the rain dance around Bastrop needs to cut it out!

Played 9 holes last night and hit the new clubs a total of 2 times. And it was my 5 iron both times, go figure. I currently have no confidence in my driver so I was hitting hybrid-hybrid-wedge or hybrid-wedge the entire night.

Both shots were out of the rough, just off the fairway. The first shot was well struck, but it was uphill and I needed an extra club. Ball flew nice and straight. Second shot was not well struck (high toe) but it still flew on target, just well short.

Tonight will be spent at the range.

Order just submitted for 4 - PW with UST Recoil 780 F4 shafts. 1 degree strong and 2 degrees flat across the board.

Order just submitted for 4 - PW with UST Recoil 780 F4 shafts. 1 degree strong and 2 degrees flat across the board.

Very interested to hear your comparison between the old and new PTx. Feeling tempted but not sure I would part way with my current ones even if I'd get the Pro.

Very interested to hear your comparison between the old and new PTx. Feeling tempted but not sure I would part way with my current ones even if I'd get the Pro.

My current PTx set is going nowhere! I am interested in the comparison also. All specs (loft, lie, length, shaft) will be exactly the same so will definitely be an apples to apple comparison.

Got a few more swings in today with the demo irons. Coming from Srixon 565s it's a very easy transition; these are very easy to hit. I am getting good height on each shot and pretty good accuracy so far. I'm getting really good results so far on the mishits as well.

I took the 6/9 demo set to the range Tuesday and was very impressed. The feel coming off the face is very smooth, but very different than I am used to. I was getting some solid distance/flight out of the well struck balls, especially for a demo that isn't my spec(too short, wrong size grip etc.) Hoping to get a little more time in this weekend before they go back next week.

Talk about a rollercoaster of emotions. PTx Pros arrived at long last today. Absolutely gorgeous clubs... Until I realized they had the wrong shafts in them. Sadly have to ship them back and wait for the correct set.

Back