Ben Hogan PTx Pro Forged Irons

They found a way to be classic and modern. Pretty cool.

yeah it's a rather nice blend. Truth be told, I wasn't really expecting that.

yeah it's a rather nice blend. Truth be told, I wasn't really expecting that.

Per the article and speaking with them the last few months it was very much on their minds during design.

Per the article and speaking with them the last few months it was very much on their minds during design.

You can really tell they took their time on these, it’s crazy well done.

You can really tell they took their time on these, it’s crazy well done.

One interesting note is that I am hearing early reports that these sold really really well on day 1. So using THP as a general gauge of interest continues haha.

They found a way to be classic and modern. Pretty cool.

That is what I like about these irons at first glance. They don't have crazy offset, and huge cavities. They have a thin top line and look like a players iron but have the technology to be forgiving.

One interesting note is that I am hearing early reports that these sold really really well on day 1. So using THP as a general gauge of interest continues haha.

We tend to be a pretty good tell, lol

At the price, I can totally see it.

Any idea how many sets they're producing? Rather, might be easier to ask if they're being inventory cognizant?

That is what I like about these irons at first glance. They don't have crazy offset, and huge cavities. They have a thin top line and look like a players iron but have the technology to be forgiving.

They really do, there is a lot I like going on here.

I emailed Tyler yesterday and he responded apologizing saying things were crazy and he would fully reply when he had time to catch his breath. So I believe that things were quite brisk at BHG HQ yesterday which makes me smile.

We tend to be a pretty good tell, lol

At the price, I can totally see it.

Any idea how many sets they're producing? Rather, might be easier to ask if they're being inventory cognizant?

I dont as I tend to shy away from raw number materials. I will say that they are monitoring inventory closely, and did well with the PTx in that regards, which this is replacing. There are not many of those PTx sets left, so they hit the mark there.

that's certainly promising for them.

I dont as I tend to shy away from raw number materials. I will say that they are monitoring inventory closely, and did well with the PTx in that regards, which this is replacing. There are not many of those PTx sets left, so they hit the mark there.

Yeah, the PTx I knew they kept a really keen eye on so I hoped we would see similar here.

Smart, smart, smart.

I really wish they had more shaft offerings on their site. My buddy has the PTX which I love the look of but they might be a tad small for my game right now. When I read that these were slightly bigger I got really excited. I think this is the perfect iron for my game right now, but the shaft options are so dang spare. I would want a C Taper 95 or a C Taper lite.

If anybody got on the website and looked at the specs, they are wrong. I noticed that the specs for the PTx and the PTX Pro were the same so I called. They said that they were overlooked and corrections will be made.

I REALLY like these. I just wish Ben Hogan offered Nippon shafts.

They missed an opportunity not to prerelease these to the well known reviewers to build buzz at launch. They launched the irons with a big splash and then....silence??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m in the minority. I like the looks of the PTx better. I’m not exactly sure what it is but the Pros are a miss for me.

They missed an opportunity not to prerelease these to the well known reviewers to build buzz at launch. They launched the irons with a big splash and then....silence??

You will see a lot coming from THP on this.
We have been at the forefront of early Hogan players' releases for a while and being in TX next week, I would expect some fun announcements coming.

You will see a lot coming from THP on this.
We have been at the forefront of early Hogan players' releases for a while and being in TX next week, I would expect some fun announcements coming.

Fantastic! As a life-long Hogan fan/nut, I am rooting for them to be successful.

I have some demo's coming in tomorrow. Forecasting for rain though. A few years ago it was nip and tuck for me between the PTx and the CF16. We'll see if anything changes.

I have some demo's coming in tomorrow. Forecasting for rain though. A few years ago it was nip and tuck for me between the PTx and the CF16. We'll see if anything changes.

Would love to see some comparison pics to your CF16's if you get a chance to take some.

Saw this on Ben Hogan Golf's Instagram. Thought I'd share it in case you guys didn't get a chance to see it.

9ef1ad9d8fb7b38ac0990b2476c88e41.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Saw this on Ben Hogan Golf's Instagram. Thought I'd share it in case you guys didn't get a chance to see it.

9ef1ad9d8fb7b38ac0990b2476c88e41.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Is it me or are they deviating fairly heavily with the shaping of this new release? The toe area is quite different from the other setups. Not saying that is good or bad, just a bit different from their identity....?

Is it me or are they deviating fairly heavily with the shaping of this new release? The toe area is quite different from the other setups. Not saying that is good or bad, just a bit different from their identity....?

In hand its really not. There are some subtle differences, as you would expect when you have a muscle back, game improvement and players iron in a lineup, but this one sets up pretty traditional.

In hand its really not. There are some subtle differences, as you would expect when you have a muscle back, game improvement and players iron in a lineup, but this one sets up pretty traditional.

Good to know. I've never played Hogan irons, but they look great.

Good to know. I've never played Hogan irons, but they look great.

Stay tuned next week, specifically Tuesday as we will have a lot of things going on including some video content with Hogan and UST Mamiya that people should enjoy

Back