Ben Hogan PTx Pro Forged Irons

I’ve always shyed away from hollow iron technology but these look so good it could be the perfect combo of tradition and tech

My goodness. Those irons are gorgeous.

Great looking irons and always cool to see Danny in content.

Wow! I think I just clubbed up a little.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

@JB are they going to expand their shaft offerings in these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@JB are they going to expand their shaft offerings in these?

Probably not immediately. Although at the cost someone could get pretty much any shafts and still be low.

Ever since I switched out my PTx for the FTw Black, I've become very fond of the finish.

Any chance they put the black finish on these?

Ever since I switched out my PTx for the FTw Black, I've become very fond of the finish.

Any chance they put the black finish on these?

History says sure, it’s possible, but I wouldn’t expect it imminently.

We have something cool coming with these heads

535ec4297939819e062203b9cca201c1.jpg

I really LOVE the look of these babies! But, I fear that they might be a little too much club form my game. They look a little more forgiving than the Ft. Worth Black, but I think the Edge irons would give me a little bit more of an "edge" with my swing these days. Haha.

Probably not immediately. Although at the cost someone could get pretty much any shafts and still be low.

Well they are gorgeous. Tell Tyler and company bravo!!

JB...did you test these clubs out today? Initial thoughts?

I really LOVE the look of these babies! But, I fear that they might be a little too much club form my game. They look a little more forgiving than the Ft. Worth Black, but I think the Edge irons would give me a little bit more of an "edge" with my swing these days. Haha.
I was questioning Tyler about this time last year about the Ft. Worth irons. All he had to say was that they were blades for me to quickly decide on the PTx.

JB...did you test these clubs out today? Initial thoughts?

Sure did. Follow the Live Update thread the next couple of days and we will have plenty.

I was questioning Tyler about this time last year about the Ft. Worth irons. All he had to say was that they were blades for me to quickly decide on the PTx.

You've got the swing to play those Ft. Worths, but, no question the PTx are a lot more "friendly" and probably more fun to play for you. If I tried to play the PTx Pro, it would probably be a lot like a few years ago when I tried the TM Tour Preferred CB's. They were a lot more forgiving than the other two in the TP line, but I didn't have enough swing speed to get enough distance with them. I was pretty accurate with them, however. I would love to swing the Edge irons, and/or a newer release that is similar.

The Edges were very similar to the Wilson/Staff C-300 Forged to me. Both being "foam" filled, they feel pillowy to me...if that makes sense. Very soft, not like a traditional forged iron...spongey maybe. I liked the Edges better than the C-300. Plus, until last week, the Edges were $300 dollars cheaper. The Edge looks so much better in person than it does on the website.

You've got the swing to play those Ft. Worths, but, no question the PTx are a lot more "friendly" and probably more fun to play for you. If I tried to play the PTx Pro, it would probably be a lot like a few years ago when I tried the TM Tour Preferred CB's. They were a lot more forgiving than the other two in the TP line, but I didn't have enough swing speed to get enough distance with them. I was pretty accurate with them, however. I would love to swing the Edge irons, and/or a newer release that is similar.
The Edge set is very nice. I put them side by side with the PTx and, from the top at address, they looked almost identical. I believe the Edge head is very slightly longer and a tad more offset. I wouldn't mind picking up a set of those someday also. The original Edge irons from back in the day were my first cavity back forged set after playing Wilson Staff butter knives far longer than I should have.

Seems to be good traction from these, the BHG website has a post saying their phone system is experiencing difficulties due to high demand and the demo program is sold out :) Looking forward to initial thoughts on these from THP. I really like my current PTx but would in a heartbeat buy something that comes with slightly less spin as that tends to be my issue with them especially on windy days.

Seems to be good traction from these, the BHG website has a post saying their phone system is experiencing difficulties due to high demand and the demo program is sold out :) Looking forward to initial thoughts on these from THP. I really like my current PTx but would in a heartbeat buy something that comes with slightly less spin as that tends to be my issue with them especially on windy days.

These have less spin in the scoring clubs. No doubt. Danny and I tested on GCQuad today.

These have less spin in the scoring clubs. No doubt. Danny and I tested on GCQuad today.

That sounds really promising, now I will frantically proceed to click the refresh button and hope more demo sets become available :blob:

Less than the PTx OGs??

I’m in the minority. I like the looks of the PTx better. I’m not exactly sure what it is but the Pros are a miss for me.

I’m with you. Based on pics I prefer the PTx better but would love to see them in person.

Does that reflect the idea the long irons need spin to hold the greens but the scoring irons need less because they have a higher trajectory?

Would love to see a demo video posted of these clubs....

I personally just really love the looks of these. Wondering if there are any plans to do these in black?

Back