Ben Hogan PTx Pro Forged Irons

I personally just really love the looks of these. Wondering if there are any plans to do these in black?

I found my answer. I hope they do decide to go black in the future. I haven't tried any, but from what I have read, the finish is really good.

I really LOVE the look of these babies! But, I fear that they might be a little too much club form my game. They look a little more forgiving than the Ft. Worth Black, but I think the Edge irons would give me a little bit more of an "edge" with my swing these days. Haha.

Definitely more forgiving. Feel is amazing in all the irons - long and short!

They are still out of demo sticks. Anyone here who has demoed them and can compare to "old" PTx?

They are still out of demo sticks. Anyone here who has demoed them and can compare to "old" PTx?

I know, I'm definitely trying to demo them before the Ben Hogan event. Hope they come back in stock soon.

Contacted customer service to ask a question about the demo today. They said there would be PTx Pros posted today, but they will go fast! The guy I talked too said they are very popular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Contacted customer service to ask a question about the demo today. They said there would be PTx Pros posted today, but they will go fast! The guy I talked too said they are very popular.

Just ordered 2 sets of demos.

Just ordered my demo set with Tour V stiffs!

Just checked, still unavailable with the recoil 780 F4

Would love to demo them, but I'm 99% sure that's what I'll be going with in the event either way.

Those are what I was really wanting to try. I went with the 760’s & KBS 90’s just to try different shafts. I should have them in time to put the against the Edges to see which head is a better fit.

Those are what I was really wanting to try. I went with the 760’s & KBS 90’s just to try different shafts. I should have them in time to put the against the Edges to see which head is a better fit.

I've been fit for the recoil 110 f4 so definitely trying to stay as close to those as I can at this point. I'm really excited to try out those heads.

Would love to demo them, but I'm 99% sure that's what I'll be going with in the event either way.
I have them in my PTx irons and really like them.

I know, I'm definitely trying to demo them before the Ben Hogan event. Hope they come back in stock soon.

One thing for you to try out as you're attending the event is to play around with the lofts a little if possible. I bent my current PTx to 25/28/32/36/40/44 (2 degrees strong except 5i 1 degree) and it really helped with getting my ball flight down and get around half a club more distance. They still spin plenty enough and I have sufficient stopping power on the greens.

Enjoy the event, I had travel plans so couldn't even put my name in the hat.

What are the parameters behind the demo. Pay for shipping and that’s it? I see it shows 0$, just confirming if it’s anything more than the shipping.

What are the parameters behind the demo. Pay for shipping and that’s it? I see it shows 0$, just confirming if it’s anything more than the shipping.

That’s it man. Just shipping. Best demo program in golf. Takes about a week to get them once ordered

I guess that I was lucky and got the demo PTx Pro irons the day they went available. My brief review:

Looks- This is what I remember a Ben Hogan irons looking like. Clean fording, with a simple Ben Hogan crest and signature. To me, from the back, it looks like a throwback club. Compared to the PTx, I liked this a little more just because of the throwback design and shape. This is a classic players blade look with a blue Ben Hogan grip and a classy looking black UST shaft. A+

Set-up- This by far has to be the easiest clubs to set up that I have played. Just put the club down on the ground aimed at the target and you're set. No need to manipulate the face it sits well on the ground. The top line is not too thick and the face is a brushed chrome so the ball is framed well. A

Feel- I'm not a great ball striker by any means, but I hardly had any hits that felt bad. Even the ones that are hit off center still had a fairly good feel. Anything hit on the bottom 2 groves will get a thin feel hit and will some distance but surprisingly not that much. A-

Sound- I don't care where you hit it (maybe except off the grooves), you will get a nice forged sound. Granted, dead center hits will get the best feel and sound, but some that are off center will not notice that much of a different sound. A-

Forgiveness- They will forgive almost anything you give, notice I said almost. Stuff off the toe (off grooves) and low heel will suffer the most. Everything else is forgiven. Just amazing considering the type irons they are. A

Distance- This is where I see the most difference because of the weak lofts. My SS is probably not as fast as most on here so that's where I'm suffering the most with these clubs. I'm about 10 yards short of my normal hits, just because of my SS. With that said, although the distances were short, these clubs did not wander off the intended line. Shots were high and straight and with the help of the beveled sole you can all but eliminate any digging. B+

Cost- Find a set of custom forged irons under $800, enough said. A+

Conclusion- These clubs really have everything I need. I just wish that I had more swing speed to take advantage of the irons better. Obviously a fitting and proper shaft would probably give me way better results. There clubs are the real deal! A

I guess that I was lucky and got the demo PTx Pro irons the day they went available. My brief review:

Looks- This is what I remember a Ben Hogan irons looking like. Clean fording, with a simple Ben Hogan crest and signature. To me, from the back, it looks like a throwback club. Compared to the PTx, I liked this a little more just because of the throwback design and shape. This is a classic players blade look with a blue Ben Hogan grip and a classy looking black UST shaft. A+

Set-up- This by far has to be the easiest clubs to set up that I have played. Just put the club down on the ground aimed at the target and you're set. No need to manipulate the face it sits well on the ground. The top line is not too thick and the face is a brushed chrome so the ball is framed well. A

Feel- I'm not a great ball striker by any means, but I hardly had any hits that felt bad. Even the ones that are hit off center still had a fairly good feel. Anything hit on the bottom 2 groves will get a thin feel hit and will some distance but surprisingly not that much. A-

Sound- I don't care where you hit it (maybe except off the grooves), you will get a nice forged sound. Granted, dead center hits will get the best feel and sound, but some that are off center will not notice that much of a different sound. A-

Forgiveness- They will forgive almost anything you give, notice I said almost. Stuff off the toe (off grooves) and low heel will suffer the most. Everything else is forgiven. Just amazing considering the type irons they are. A

Distance- This is where I see the most difference because of the weak lofts. My SS is probably not as fast as most on here so that's where I'm suffering the most with these clubs. I'm about 10 yards short of my normal hits, just because of my SS. With that said, although the distances were short, these clubs did not wander off the intended line. Shots were high and straight and with the help of the beveled sole you can all but eliminate any digging. B+

Conclusion- These clubs really have everything I need. I just wish that I had more swing speed to take advantage of the irons better. Obviously a fitting and proper shaft would probably give me way better results. There clubs are the real deal! A

Looking forward to finding out myself!

That’s it man. Just shipping. Best demo program in golf. Takes about a week to get them once ordered

Just put my order in. X100 shafts, let’s go!

I contacted BH today and they said they will bend lofts up to 2 degrees (I had done that myself to my current PTx) before shipping. That could give a little more distance and for someone like me who is rather high spin / flight it tones that down somewhat as well.

I contacted BH today and they said they will bend lofts up to 2 degrees (I had done that myself to my current PTx) before shipping. That could give a little more distance and for someone like me who is rather high spin / flight it tones that down somewhat as well.

That probably would do it or get it to where it's acceptable. There's still a ponder on these:thinking:

BTW forgot to mention, the sole on these irons are very similar in width to the CF16's

Awesome, especially the sound part. I was hoping they didn’t sound hollow, that would have killed it for me

Great recap. PTx irons will never be the longest in their class and I don't think that is their intention. But for consistency and predictability of distances, I believe they are second to none. That is what is important to me. I don't care if I am hitting a 7 iron when others are hitting a 9 iron as long as that 7 iron does the distance I want it to.

I was all set to get these then I read this on the Hogan site:

"PTx PRO Irons offer a slightly larger face profile and sole width compared to the original PTx Irons. Plus, our engineers and designers added slightly more offset. These refinements represent years of testing and feedback from players who want a slightly higher, more stable ball flight"

Does anyone have any pics of the longer irons at address to show the offset?

Back