Ben Hogan PTx Pro Forged Irons

I was all set to get these then I read this on the Hogan site:

"PTx PRO Irons offer a slightly larger face profile and sole width compared to the original PTx Irons. Plus, our engineers and designers added slightly more offset. These refinements represent years of testing and feedback from players who want a slightly higher, more stable ball flight"

Does anyone have any pics of the longer irons at address to show the offset?

They roughly have the same offset as the Mizuno JPX 919 Forged

They roughly have the same offset as the Mizuno JPX 919 Forged

Danny and I put them side by side with those irons and they appear to have even less.

I can’t wait to get my demos in. I took the PTx & Edge demos to the range this evening and preferred the PTx by a mile. That surprised me. I figured I needed the forgiveness of the Edge. I did struggle with the PTx 6i though (couldn’t hit the Edge 6i to save my life). I hit my 765 6i fine so I’m thinking the Pro’s May be the ticket. If not then utility irons it is for 5 & 6.

I have looked at Mizuno, Callaway, and Titleist. The Forged 919s are the closest to the PTx Pros. Ben Hogan is using a difference of .015" between clubs and Mizuno is doing .010". The 6 and 7 irons are pretty close. Ptx Pros have more offset in the long irons and less in the short irons.
Ptx Pro offset 4-.175 5-1.60 6-.145 7-.130 8-.115 9-.100 PW-.85
JPX 919 Forged offset 4-.161 5-.152 6-.142 7-1.32 8-.122 9-.112 PW-.102

Michael Newton Golf on Youtube review of Ben Hogan PTx Pro irons...

Just ordered the 2 club demo, PTx Pro 780 F4 recoil shafts. Can't wait to hit them!

Just ordered the 2 club demo, PTx Pro 780 F4 recoil shafts. Can't wait to hit them!

Cool, the KBS Tour V is out so no luck for me yet. Btw, check the length against your current sticks as I believe Hogan's measure close to a 1/4 inch longer as std. compared to most OEM.

Cool, the KBS Tour V is out so no luck for me yet. Btw, check the length against your current sticks as I believe Hogan's measure close to a 1/4 inch longer as std. compared to most OEM.
Cool, will do. My srixons are 3/4 inch longer I believe

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Nice man! I’ve hit the PTx a few times and they’re a rock solid iron, can’t wait to hear how the Pros work out for you!

Had the chance to hit the PTx Pro w/ KBS 90 stiff last night.
First impression, wow, what a clean look. Blade is a good size and overall very “elegant” looking. Fit & finish were very nice even for a demo club.
As far as feel, when I hit it pure, it was smooth, ballflight gad a nice trajectory. When I mis-hit (and there were plenty), the feel was not overly harsh. You knew right away that it was not hit pure, but you weren’t punished.
Length was about 1/2 “ too long for me which led to a lot of heel strikes. Once I choked down, the results were much better.
Looking forward to getting these at the Hogan Event and having them cut to the proper length!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very close to ordering a set of these. Just have to get paid for the irons that will sell tonight and make a decision about a couple of other things.

Very close to ordering a set of these. Just have to get paid for the irons that will sell tonight and make a decision about a couple of other things.

I am contemplating doing the same, will be very interested to hear your comparison between the "old" and Pro's.

I am contemplating doing the same, will be very interested to hear your comparison between the "old" and Pro's.
Will be interested to see what the 1 degree difference in loft shows. My current PTx irons go from 21 four iron - 45 PW. Suspect very little. Definitely want to try them at stock lofts before making any alterations.

Will be interested to see what the 1 degree difference in loft shows. My current PTx irons go from 21 four iron - 45 PW. Suspect very little. Definitely want to try them at stock lofts before making any alterations.

I actually have mine bent 2 strong (25/28/32/36/40/44) and asked BHG about bending them at factory and they said they do it up to 2 degrees. That shouldn't impact the bounce yet in any way (at least haven't noticed myself).

I actually have mine bent 2 strong (25/28/32/36/40/44) and asked BHG about bending them at factory and they said they do it up to 2 degrees. That shouldn't impact the bounce yet in any way (at least haven't noticed myself).
I will have them bent 2 degrees flat when ordering but would rather try the lofts at stock first. I have a friend locally that has a Mitchell lie/loft machine so can always get them changed after the fact if need be. I am one that is far more concerned with consistency and distance gapping than raw distance when it comes to my irons.

I will have them bent 2 degrees flat when ordering but would rather try the lofts at stock first. I have a friend locally that has a Mitchell lie/loft machine so can always get them changed after the fact if need be. I am one that is far more concerned with consistency and distance gapping than raw distance when it comes to my irons.

That makes sense, for me it was mainly to not gain length but to get the ball flight down a little as I tend to be high launch and spin. I am really dialled in with the current gamers so would take testing for me to change.

That makes sense, for me it was mainly to not gain length but to get the ball flight down a little as I tend to be high launch and spin. I am really dialled in with the current gamers so would take testing for me to change.
Excessively high launch has never been an issue for me. I am probably more on the opposite end of the spectrum so increased lofts are my friends. Haha

Any feedback on these yet? Very interested in the recoils paired with this head.

Any feedback on these yet? Very interested in the recoils paired with this head.

Haven't received yet, supposed to be here today. I will let you know as soon as I hit them.

My set from Shaft Up will be delivered today. I keep hammering the refresh button on the FedEx tracking page.

I'm selling my new Ben Hogan BH-1 on the forum if you want one.

I'm selling my new Ben Hogan BH-1 on the forum if you want one.

If it were any of the 3 blue color schemes, I would have already bought it. I am deciding between the 3 now.

If it were any of the 3 blue color schemes, I would have already bought it. I am deciding between the 3 now.

I had a hard time choosing between the white and red, white, blue myself. The white is clean though.

Just finished typing up my specs in a document so I will be ready to copy and paste them into the instructions box when I place an order early next week. Basically going 1 degree strong in lofts to match my current PTx set and 2 degrees flat in lie angles.

Back