Ben Hogan PTx Pro Forged Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Good write up, thanks for the information!

I have had the PTx in the bag for ten months now and I have no plans to switch any time soon. The 7i in my set is a solid body design and is a club I love to hit. I believe they went to a hollow body design for the 7-4i in the PTx Pro and I am not sure if I like that decision. My 6-3i are the hollow body design and I do not like the feel as much as the solid clubs. My 6i performs well for me and I have no trouble hitting it but the solid irons are a joy to hit flush.

Great job!!

Really want to see these in person and hit them ASAP. Seems like it would be a very tall order to improve on the amazing original PTx irons!

Nice
c.png

• Admin
Really want to see these in person and hit them ASAP. Seems like it would be a very tall order to improve on the amazing original PTx irons!

We will have some fun video coverage coming up next week on these or shortly thereafter (filming next week). Speaking with the company a lot over the last few months about these, this is a set they have worked a ton on and refined through testing. I think it is going to be extremely well received.

Love the look of these forged Hogan irons. If they are good enough for the Hogan name, they are good enough for me to play. I'm sure a ton of R&D went into developing these.

I have to admit, wasn’t as big a fan of the previous designs aesthetically but these look REALLY good.

Are they aimed at the better player as the “Pro” nomenclature suggests? Or would you say it’s open to a wider audience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to admit, wasn’t as big a fan of the previous designs aesthetically but these look REALLY good.

Are they aimed at the better player as the “Pro” nomenclature suggests? Or would you say it’s open to a wider audience?

I think with the hollow body design of the longer irons they could work for a wide variety of players. They aren’t large or oversized, so it’s something to keep in mind, but all feedback I have so far is that they launch well and are decently forgiving.

These are amazing! Great blend of vintage Hogan and modern technology! Game changer for me! Now I don’t know what to do with my Ft. Worths?!

These are amazing! Great blend of vintage Hogan and modern technology! Game changer for me! Now I don’t know what to do with my Ft. Worths?!

I had a feeling you would like the details of this set.

I had a feeling you would like the details of this set.

I think I’m getting ready to become something I despise....Hello, my name is J.B. and I’m a club ho!

Those are some really good looking irons. And that price point is perfect. I really gotta try some Hogan irons at some point.

We will have some fun video coverage coming up next week on these or shortly thereafter (filming next week). Speaking with the company a lot over the last few months about these, this is a set they have worked a ton on and refined through testing. I think it is going to be extremely well received.

Next week, you say?

The original PTx irons are now discounted to $600 4-PW

Hogan did well with this follow up. The technology sounds pretty legit and I'm glad they are able to keep these at a good price point. It would be interesting to hit these side by side with the original to compare the feel and performance because the original PTX are pretty great.

Beautiful irons

After playing with SGI irons these are the types of offerings that I have been looking at. Something with a sleeker look, almost players type irons, but with technology to help higher HC golfers.

Hogan did well with this follow up. The technology sounds pretty legit and I'm glad they are able to keep these at a good price point. It would be interesting to hit these side by side with the original to compare the feel and performance because the original PTX are pretty great.

I hope to be able to do just that. Hard for me to fathom that the new irons are better but certainly would love to find out.

From the website

PTx PRO Irons offer a slightly larger face profile and sole width compared to the original PTx Irons. Plus, our engineers and designers added slightly more offset.

That seems a little backward to be compared to what we usually see from Pro models. I can't tell if these are supposed to be easier or harder to hit than the original.

From the website

PTx PRO Irons offer a slightly larger face profile and sole width compared to the original PTx Irons. Plus, our engineers and designers added slightly more offset.

That seems a little backward to be compared to what we usually see from Pro models. I can't tell if these are supposed to be easier or harder to hit than the original.

I agree. From the looks and the word "Pro" added to the model name, I assumed they would be more demanding. Based on the description though, I am assuming they are not.

Very tempted by these. Had the PTx’s and like the iron, but hated the loft stamping on the club. I think Hogan does sole design better than anyone.

These look amazing! An improved PTx is an iron that I can get excited about. Hmm...

Back