Ben Hogan PTx Pro Forged Irons

Little bit between clubs on a shot? Choking up and it taking a little off, flighting down.. The ability is there with these clubs... Just super impressed!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Had exactly this situation on a par 3 over water yesterday. Tight left pin. Exactly half way between two clubs. I choked down a bit on the 8-iron, swung smooth, and missed my third ace by exactly one ball width.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man this thread is KILLING ME...I can’t wait for these things to arrive.

I know the feeling...I waited about 8 weeks to get mine, but I had a feeling it'd be worth it

I got in early back in May. Only had to wait about 3 weeks for mine. Seemed like an eternity. Well worth the wait though!

We will be at UST Mamiya HQ on Monday and will have a guest appearance from TB at Hogan to talk all things THP Event. The graphite challenge is going to be insane.

Played Highlands Reserve this morning. Shot 77 with these suckers. Couldn’t miss with these even with a few miss hits. So forgiving.

Played Highlands Reserve this morning. Shot 77 with these suckers. Couldn’t miss with these even with a few miss hits. So forgiving.

I had a feeling once you get these dialed in and comfortable you’re gonna love them

I had a feeling once you get these dialed in and comfortable you’re gonna love them

You’re right. They keep getting better and better. Those shafts are on point too!

Yeah, third round with them today. Love them. Had 7 birdie putts inside 10 feet; shots all between 130 and 165... Running with allot of confidence in these sticks.

So the majority of my shots with these irons have been 7/8/9 and they have performed wonderfully. Today, playing with @Llib & @kygolfer on a little bigger course, I was able to see the longer irons performance and was pleased. On #7 I believe, is a tight fairway with water on the right, and trees on the left. I pulled my 5 iron, as anything higher would likely find water. I had no clue on distance, but I knew I'd be short of the water and because of the confidence the Hogan clubs inspire, I felt like I was going to end in a safe spot. Nice healthy cut and right down the middle. Second shot left me with a hero shot or safe/smart shot...I of course I took the hero shot trying to split the uprights of a branchless forked tree..I put a great swing on it and bam..bounced back 20 yards. 9 iron in and had to putt for triple. Apparently the Hogan irons are good, but not enough to overcome stupid course management issues.

#15 is a 226 par 3, the longest on the course. After the confidence from my tee shot on #7, I again pull the 5i and take a healthy cut. Chris said "that's less than a foot out" I knew it felt amazing off the face. We drive up and he was right (photo below) Bill threatened to make me putt it out to watch me 3 putt from there.
Another day, another confidence building round, even though I was digging into a side of the bag I rarely see on my short home course.(long irons)
619c4f2e48c5e99c2dbae89f2ba756fd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm finding my 5 iron to be a great club off the tee on short/narrow par 4/5s. I'm able to poke it out there about 210 yards and almost always on my line. I wish I could hit the 4 iron a little more consistent.

I always thought you would have to pry my Adams Super XTD 4-hybrid from my cold dead hands. Turns out the PTxPro 4-iron has done it. Can do everything the hybrid can plus more - with this I have a low shot that the hybrid just can’t produce.

Hit these irons the best I have since I received them yesterday!

I have been fighting my swing all season with my irons. These have been at least a club short for me which I knew was the Indian and not the Arrow. Was at the range yesterday while waiting for my son to finish his High School practice working through a couple things and noticed something I was doing in my set up. Made an adjustment and couldn't be happier. When my son finished his practice he talked me into playing a quick 9 and I'm glad he did. Ball was jumping off the clubface with a nice high penetrating flight. Distance was what I would expect from each club. My divots were about half the size of what they have been which I would expect with the V-Sole. The "Buttery Smooth" feel I experienced when I demoed these clubs was back on most of the shots but my mis-hits didn't punish me. Distance was shorter, but the ball kept the line. My son even commented, "Dad, your not hitting a cut today, everything is dead straight". Won't be able to play again until Tuesday due to family commitments, but I can't wait to get back out !

Hit these irons the best I have since I received them yesterday!

I have been fighting my swing all season with my irons. These have been at least a club short for me which I knew was the Indian and not the Arrow. Was at the range yesterday while waiting for my son to finish his High School practice working through a couple things and noticed something I was doing in my set up. Made an adjustment and couldn't be happier. When my son finished his practice he talked me into playing a quick 9 and I'm glad he did. Ball was jumping off the clubface with a nice high penetrating flight. Distance was what I would expect from each club. My divots were about half the size of what they have been which I would expect with the V-Sole. The "Buttery Smooth" feel I experienced when I demoed these clubs was back on most of the shots but my mis-hits didn't punish me. Distance was shorter, but the ball kept the line. My son even commented, "Dad, your not hitting a cut today, everything is dead straight". Won't be able to play again until Tuesday due to family commitments, but I can't wait to get back out !

This reminded me how Ben Crenshaw said that he hit the ball like absolute crap on the range before he won his last Masters. Then his caddie (Carl) told him to move the ball back an inch (or something along these lines) and he started striping it and won the whole thing! Funny how this game is so relatable no matter which level you play at :)

And btw I am in serious pondering mode regarding the PTx Pro's (have the old ones now)...

This reminded me how Ben Crenshaw said that he hit the ball like absolute crap on the range before he won his last Masters. Then his caddie (Carl) told him to move the ball back an inch (or something along these lines) and he started striping it and won the whole thing! Funny how this game is so relatable no matter which level you play at :)

And btw I am in serious pondering mode regarding the PTx Pro's (have the old ones now)...

Buy 'em and don't look back. You won't regret it.

Buy 'em and don't look back. You won't regret it.

Pretty sure I will at some point (blaaaaaaack) but the problem I have right now is that I am playing my best golf ever with my current sticks so don't want to make the change before season end and some testing. But I'm sure I'll get there before the year is done!

Pretty sure I will at some point (blaaaaaaack) but the problem I have right now is that I am playing my best golf ever with my current sticks so don't want to make the change before season end and some testing. But I'm sure I'll get there before the year is done!

I think the black are limited edition, get them my friend!

I think the black are limited edition, get them my friend!

At the moment I believe they are but I would assume down the line they are also a std.offering. The other thing I read somewhere was that they were going to start offering mixed sets with Pro's in the longer irons and Ft.Worth in the shorter...now that would be something I would be veeery interested in! Have hectic travels coming up but once I'm back I will try to order a few demo clubs in both Pro's and Ft.Worth.

Let me tell you about the round I put together today. And before we start I'll let you know my best ever score at my home course is a 93.

I've been struggling with my swing a lot lately, playing incredibly inconsistently. I'll follow up a decent round with a real dud. I worked a bit on my swing at the range before the round and seemed to figure out my issue. Of course, we get to the first tee (temporary par 3) and I take a terrible swing and put it on the hill to the right of the hole. Took my double bogey and thought here we go again. Turns out it would be the worst hole of the front 9 and I ended up shooting a 41. Take out that first shot of the day and every single approach shot (not all were for a GIR) to the green stuck the green. It was unreal. A few shots weren't well struck, but they still pretty much went where I wanted them to, i.e. the green.

The back 9 wasn't quite as a consistent as the front, but I was still able to keep any blowup holes from creeping in. I did have 2 double bogies on the back, but still ended up with a 45.

Add those up and I shot a freakin' 86. These irons were absolutely deadly today.

justincredible;n8873822 said:
Let me tell you about the round I put together today. And before we start I'll let you know my best ever score at my home course is a 93.

I've been struggling with my swing a lot lately, playing incredibly inconsistently. I'll follow up a decent round with a real dud. I worked a bit on my swing at the range before the round and seemed to figure out my issue. Of course, we get to the first tee (temporary par 3) and I take a terrible swing and put it on the hill to the right of the hole. Took my double bogey and thought here we go again. Turns out it would be the worst hole of the front 9 and I ended up shooting a 41. Take out that first shot of the day and every single approach shot (not all were for a GIR) to the green stuck the green. It was unreal. A few shots weren't well struck, but they still pretty much went where I wanted them to, i.e. the green.

The back 9 wasn't quite as a consistent as the front, but I was still able to keep any blowup holes from creeping in. I did have 2 double bogies on the back, but still ended up with a 45.

Add those up and I shot a freakin' 86. These irons were absolutely deadly today.

That is totally awesome JC. Great job.

justincredible;n8873822 said:

That's awesome man! Love these irons as well, the more rounds put on them the more confidence you get with them.

Really thinking about putting these into the bag full time. Take them a touch more strong, move to Elevates or 110 F5’s and give them a run.

I’m playing my first round tomorrow with mine. Haven’t hit em yet but wow do they look good.

Jman;n8879823 said:
Really thinking about putting these into the bag full time. Take them a touch more strong, move to Elevates or 110 F5’s and give them a run.

For a guy whose hit a zillion irons, this is a big statement for these Hogan irons. I'd be trying them too if only they'd come in LH.

Back