The 2019 Ben Hogan Experience

Damn, JB gets to play in this one. Really sad the dates don’t work for me now:(

Awful quiet in here, you do know this will be badass right?

This is going to be a very special experience for 6 THPers! Obviously hoping that I will be one of those 6.

Spent most of my time in tbe Shaft UP thread today. Was hoping to hear how the boys played the new PTx Pro irons, but, they don't get them until after they get home. It was still a great follow though, as the course they played was absolutely beautiful and the matches were close on both days.

I was really conflicted about whether the PTx Pros are right for an old dog like me. It's not so much the forgiveness part of it, as it is distance. I still strike the ball pretty solid, so don't necessarily need SGI level forgiveness, although I wouldn't turn it down. Haha. Distance is more my challenge as my swing speed has dropped considerably the last couple of years. I dearly love the look of those PTx Pros, though. I was encouraged after hanging out on the BH website and noticed that they offer these babies with a UST Recoil A-Flex shaft. Given that this event should emphasize Ben Hogan's new releases, I've decided I'd opt for them and game and review them for this whole season. If I find I'm a little bit short with them, I could possibly have lofts tweaked a little to help in that area. If not, I could swallow my ego and just club up. Haha

Spent most of my time in tbe Shaft UP thread today. Was hoping to hear how the boys played the new PTx Pro irons, but, they don't get them until after they get home. It was still a great follow though, as the course they played was absolutely beautiful and the matches were close on both days.

I was really conflicted about whether the PTx Pros are right for an old dog like me. It's not so much the forgiveness part of it, as it is distance. I still strike the ball pretty solid, so don't necessarily need SGI level forgiveness, although I wouldn't turn it down. Haha. Distance is more my challenge as my swing speed has dropped considerably the last couple of years. I dearly love the look of those PTx Pros, though. I was encouraged after hanging out on the BH website and noticed that they offer these babies with a UST Recoil A-Flex shaft. Given that this event should emphasize Ben Hogan's new releases, I've decided I'd opt for them and game and review them for this whole season. If I find I'm a little bit short with them, I could possibly have lofts tweaked a little to help in that area. If not, I could swallow my ego and just club up. Haha

Indeed Ken, the shaft up looked amazing. I’ve lost about 50% of my game over the last couple years due to not playing and lack of practice. I do need a little forgiveness now and although I could never go full SGI, these look like a good blend of distance, forgiveness and feel.

You’ve always been a good ball striker, but I get the distance thing, I need a little myself now

The PTx, and I'm sure PTx Pro, are certainly not distance irons. Not something that bothers me when it come to irons. Precision, feel and consistency is what I look for and the PTx certainly check all of those boxes. I have been playing the 760/780 Recoil shafts in my Hogan irons and wedges for almost a year and really like them.

I would love to try and game the FT Worth Blacks. Those are just so spectacular to look at. Mix those with the black Equalizer wedges...WOW!

This is going to be a very special experience for 6 THPers! Obviously hoping that I will be one of those 6.

I would love to join you and meet you finally.

I'd love to b PTx bros for the event, maybe some of your winning luck could rub off and me and I could get my first hall of fame tag!

But honestly, I love the look of those PTx and would be hard pressed to get any of the others, they look incredible, and I like your recoil choice, I think that would be an awesome pairing!

Honestly looking/building through the Hogan site, I keep contemplating a few demo sets to test a few head/shaft combos out.

I feel really bad...I am super excited and thrilled to be apart of the Sweep this year! This opportunity is so amazing, I have a hard time believing I am actually going to get a chance to experience it. But, I REALLY want to be chosen for this event! I have always played Ben Hogan irons since I started playing golf and am just a huge Ben Hogan mark! Is there a definition or phrase for someone that wants to take part in so many THP events?! Can I be a THP contest-ho? Hello, my name is J.B. Cobb III...and I am a THP contest-ho!

The original PTx are awesome irons that provided me with better green holding capability in the 5i-6i slots without any loss of distance over the TEE CB PROh that they replaced. I have absolutely no doubt that you are a much, much better ball striker than I am. Therefore, I seriously doubt that you would lose any distance with the PTx Pros being that they are an improved version of the PTx.

The timing on this one doesn’t work for me but I’d be throwing my name in for sure if it did. Best of luck to everyone who enters! Gaylord Springs looks like a fun track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really hoping to get in so I can see some old friends, meet some new ones and learn more about the clubs. No matter what this is going to be a great event and I’m excited for everyone who do get the opportunity at this event.

I feel really bad...I am super excited and thrilled to be apart of the Sweep this year! This opportunity is so amazing, I have a hard time believing I am actually going to get a chance to experience it. But, I REALLY want to be chosen for this event! I have always played Ben Hogan irons since I started playing golf and am just a huge Ben Hogan mark! Is there a definition or phrase for someone that wants to take part in so many THP events?! Can I be a THP contest-ho? Hello, my name is J.B. Cobb III...and I am a THP contest-ho!

Nothing wrong with wanting to be a part of any or all events. I am like you and so many others, I love this place and the opportunities for golf nuts like us to do things we would normally never get a chance to do.

Love seeing all the excitement for this event although it probably means my chances of getting lucky enough to get in are greatly diminished! LOL It is going to be an amazing few days for those 6 that do get in. THP and the companies involved in all the events are absolutely crushing it this year!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Love seeing all the excitement for this event although it probably means my chances of getting lucky enough to get in are greatly diminished! LOL It is going to be an amazing few days for those 6 that do get in. THP and the companies involved in all the events are absolutely crushing it this year!!

As most of us know by now: if you don't get in, there is always another event right around the corner !

Eagerly awaiting the announcement on who's going on this one. Crossing my fingers that I'm one of them. Really want to get into one of these larger group events to get a chance to meet and play with some other members.

Oh, and the PTx Pro has caught my eye something fierce.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

As most of us know by now: if you don't get in, there is always another event right around the corner !
Very true!

So frustrated these dates done work for me. Can’t wait to follow along. 6 THPers are going to very lucky and in for a treat!

I just love Hogan, I love the clubs, I love the history, I love the legacy and the mystique, I played Hogan’s for years.

I’ve spent some time on the Hogan site the past few days...just saying! I actually really like the look of the Equalizer wedge!

ATTENTION:

We will announce who got in tomorrow due to Josh's flight being cancelled today. Sorry for the delay, but stay tuned for the announcement tomorrow.

ATTENTION:

We will announce who got in tomorrow due to Josh's flight being cancelled today. Sorry for the delay, but stay tuned for the announcement tomorrow.

I’m sure he is thrilled with the cancellation! His favorite!

But...

The suspense continues!

What's another day? Just makes the weekend that much better!

Sounds like @JB is experiencing "the glamour of business travel"!

Back